Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

  #11  
Old 10-30-2006, 12:55 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
I really want to be in an acoustic-guitar-and-mellotron traditional prog band. Oh well.
who is preventing us from taking that direction? we havent practiced in 3 weeks....maybe we can work on our song and make it progressiver
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-30-2006, 12:57 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
who is preventing us from taking that direction? we havent practiced in 3 weeks....maybe we can work on our song and make it progressiver
Three weeks!? You lazy fucks We have a 9-hour practice once a week (Sunday = band day), and random practices or workshops during the week (depends on people's schedules.)
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
I'm gonna form the first instrumental drone doom black metal band ever, using samples from traditional Polish folk songs and contemporary American hip hop
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
Sometimes I wish we played some death metal stuff. But I'm the only person in our band that listens to it.

Oh, the irony.

I would just like to say that I think Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter is a great (but not awesome) song. Straightforward rock with lyrics based loosely on "To Coy His Mistress." And the solo is living proof that Janick, in the right headspace can whip out an excellent solo (at least I think that's Janick).

On a completely unrelated note, I was listening to Out Of The Silent Planet earlier today, and I was reaffirmed how fucking great of a song that is. Some truly great riffs that not to many people tend to notice.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
Three weeks!? You lazy fucks We have a 9-hour practice once a week (Sunday = band day), and random practices or workshops during the week (depends on people's schedules.)
well...someone cant drive you (Brad and our singer) so.....

And our practice site is limited because I have to move my drum set.

I am hoping to have one on Sunday...if brad is available.??????
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
I'm gonna form the first instrumental drone doom black metal band ever, using samples from traditional Polish folk songs and contemporary American hip hop

Can I buy some pot from you?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:17 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Can I buy some pot from you?
I could ask one of my many pot-dealing friends to hook you up But I don't do pot personally
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
ChildrenofSodom's Avatar
ChildrenofSodom ChildrenofSodom is offline
Regretting my username
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 12,259
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
I could ask one of my many pot-dealing friends to hook you up But I don't do pot personally
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
EvilCheeseWedge's Avatar
EvilCheeseWedge EvilCheeseWedge is offline
The Cheese
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Oh, the irony.

I would just like to say that I think Bring Your Daughter To the Slaughter is a great (but not awesome) song. Straightforward rock with lyrics based loosely on "To Coy His Mistress." And the solo is living proof that Janick, in the right headspace can whip out an excellent solo (at least I think that's Janick).

On a completely unrelated note, I was listening to Out Of The Silent Planet earlier today, and I was reaffirmed how fucking great of a song that is. Some truly great riffs that not to many people tend to notice.
Yeah, I agree about BYDTTS. Plus I just really find it to be a fun song to play. It's not very hard, but it sounds cool, and most songs don't give me much of a reason to just totally go crazy with the whammy bar or pick scrapes, but this song does. I love it. I like Janick's solo a lot. I've never really tried to play it, so I was just pulling stuff out of my ass. To keep set times down we might not have the actual solo in it... just the slower lead part with the chanting stuff and the lead after it + plus the ending solo stuff. I don't know, I guess we'll see...

Yeah, OOTSP is a decent song, but I find it a bit repetitive at times.
__________________
12/7 - Jon Oliva
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-30-2006, 01:41 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom

Mmmkay! Now how would you like it, if you came home, and somebody laid a huge fudgedragon, all over your mom's face!


Ooooo you think that's funny Mmmkay!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008