Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014
Styx -- Peachtree City, GA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 10-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Hearts I Rip?

Unhappy

Although I don't like the new albums, this is a sad day.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Shredder

Jesper loves his music, he loves the fans and he loves his band. Not many musicians can say that and sound so good at the same time. Very passionate about his works. It gives a great sound out. And all his stuff is original. He does NOT rip off Maiden and Priest. (Clay Man, Man Made God, Gyroscope, Swim)
If you wanted to go on saying people shouldn't care cause this band rips off this band, why should people care about any heavy metal bands?
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-26-2006, 11:53 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat
(Clay Man, Man Made God, Gyroscope, Swim)
?
I wouldn't have anything to complain about if HALF their songs were as good as these.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Because they were young.
So are you saying bands write better lyrics when they are young? In Flames are not known for their skills with a pen and paper, but some of the stuff pre-Clayman was better than what their contemporaries were putting out. Now it's the same old tired stuff that everyone sings about. I know that because I am making this point it makes me seem like a stickler for lyrics, but really lyrics to me are the least important aspect of a band. It comes down to the music essentially, and if they wanna sing about picking daisy's to a kickass tune with great melodies and hooks (like before) then I'd be fine with it. But they definitely have gone for the stripped-down radio rock with an 'edge' thing that Killswitch Engage make a killing off, and if that puts food on their plates and helps them sleep at night then fine; but I don't wanna hear it. I wanna hear the band who made The Jester Race and Whoracle. I'm not saying that the new shit is intrinsicaly bad because it is different, I am saying that I simply do not like their new style. My original post in this thread was just a tongue-in-cheek remark, not to be construed as a statement of fact that no person's should care about In Flames or their ex-guitarist.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:00 PM
N00B

Quote:
he loves the fans
Which ones? My friends who met him at Ozzfest last summer said the band were total dicks. Not to pass judgments, just saying what I heard.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Shredder

They weren't dicks when i saw them. Infact, they put on a great show, they talked to the crowd a lot and afterwards they were kind enough to see everyone off waiting for them all outside at the front of the venue wishing everyone a safe journey home. If that is a band full of dicks, then dude, you have pretty damn high standards.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
N00B

Quote:
They weren't dicks when i saw them. Infact, they put on a great show, they talked to the crowd a lot and afterwards they were kind enough to see everyone off waiting for them all outside at the front of the venue wishing everyone a safe journey home. If that is a band full of dicks, then dude, you have pretty damn high standards.
Well I'm glad to hear you had a better experience with them
Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Well I'm glad to hear you had a better experience with them
Glad to share the experiance with you. Just to tell you they do not seem like dicks at all.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Yeah I sort of "met" the guys from In Flames (only for about a minute or so) and they were really nice. I like Come Clarity, but not RTR and STYE. I like their old style a lot more than their new style, but I think they still have a chance to be relevant in the metal world.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Which ones? My friends who met him at Ozzfest last summer said the band were total dicks. Not to pass judgments, just saying what I heard.

Maybe your friends was just full of all of the dicks that were at ozzfest, and he could differentiate between dicks and non-dicks.