Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Deathwish Fest -- Cambridge, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Queen -- Boston, MA -- July 22nd, 2014
Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 AM
The Cheese

I wouldn't recommened hitting a studio yet. You guys need to play and get your stuff down 110% and then record. Practice, practice, practice - I can't stress it enough. Maybe even play a few shows or something, see how material works live. We almost always tweak stuff after we play it live.

In my last band, the vocalist and one of the drummers always wanted to record. Photo shoot. Now, now, now! It was ridiculous. The one drummer hadn't been onboard for a more then a few weeks when he wanted to start recording. You don't want to rush stuff before you know the material. The first drummer my last band had was not nearly as ready as he thought for our first show. Poor dude totally lost it by the end and just stopped playing. Thankfully people were too drunk to notice
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
I wouldn't recommened hitting a studio yet. You guys need to play and get your stuff down 110% and then record. Practice, practice, practice - I can't stress it enough. Maybe even play a few shows or something, see how material works live. We almost always tweak stuff after we play it live.

In my last band, the vocalist and one of the drummers always wanted to record. Photo shoot. Now, now, now! It was ridiculous. The one drummer hadn't been onboard for a more then a few weeks when he wanted to start recording. You don't want to rush stuff before you know the material. The first drummer my last band had was not nearly as ready as he thought for our first show. Poor dude totally lost it by the end and just stopped playing. Thankfully people were too drunk to notice
Yeah, totally. I am not interested in recording. it is just nice to know we have the connections to do so when the time comes. And like i said before, one band already said we could play at their show if we wanted to.

And maybe next spring Living Martyr can open for the RageFire/Kenoma World Tour!

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 11-06-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenofSodom
Yeah, totally. I am not interested in recording. it is just nice to know we have the connections to do so when the time comes. And like i said before, one band already said we could play at their show if we wanted to.

And maybe next spring Living Martyr can open for the RageFire/Kenoma World Tour!

Fuck yeah, we'll come play some shows with yous guy down in your area of Ohio in the spring for sure. We're already talking to another NW Ohio band about a spring/summer '07 midwest tour. We got a call yesterday to go with them to play a show in Texas in July
Old 11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge

Fuck yeah, we'll come play some shows with yous guy down in your area of Ohio in the spring for sure. We're already talking to another NW Ohio band about a spring/summer '07 midwest tour. We got a call yesterday to go with them to play a show in Texas in July
cool. There is a place called the Roundhouse (a small building in the park) near us, where Kenoma play semi-often. Hopefully Brad and set up something with Kenoma to bring you guys down, along with maybe a few more locals bands like Miss May I (look for their myspace page) and maybe get us a 20 minute set....

I told brad we could just be like Kenoma or Opeth and play the same thing over and over again for 12 minutes and call it a song
Old 11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
cool. There is a place called the Roundhouse (a small building in the park) near us, where Kenoma play semi-often. Hopefully Brad and set up something with Kenoma to bring you guys down, along with maybe a few more locals bands like Miss May I (look for their myspace page) and maybe get us a 20 minute set....

I told brad we could just be like Kenoma or Opeth and play the same thing over and over again for 12 minutes and call it a song

Our goal is to play a 6-song set in December, which will be Ragefire's debut live performance. Basically half original material, half covers (2 out of 3 of the covers being ones people haven't heard from us before in any other bands we've been in.) Our goal is by the spring to have a self-recorded EP with 3-4 original songs (ones we feel are the best) and one cover performed live as a bonus. With that EP at the ready, we'd like to have a 20-song set (minimum) to hit the road with. I would highly doubt we'd ever play 20 songs in a single night. Probably 5-10 depending on how much time we're given, but the idea is we can rotate songs.

I think we're getting closer. Our last big hurdle was vocals, but our vocalist has been working pretty hard...
Old 11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Someone doesn't listen carefully to music
Old 11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
look me straight in the avatar and tell me that Kenoma do not repeat over and over again, for the most part..
Old 11-06-2006, 02:56 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
look me straight in the avatar and tell me that Kenoma do not repeat over and over again, for the most part..
You would know because you own their album and all.

They do to a degree, but Opeth??? They're the one band I can name who DON'T do that.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
You would know because you own their album and all.

They do to a degree, but Opeth??? They're the one band I can name who DON'T do that.
okay...maybe not opeth, I just fall asleep halfway through SOME songs, and it all sounds the same...
Old 11-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa

Quote:
I figured that out I think after his first couple posts here