Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-08-2006, 02:19 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Oh shit SIT72 I forgot to ask what did you think of Isis!?
Ah. Well, since I don't think I'm going to get around to typing a full review (I mean... I just got up from like a 3 hour nap )...

I'd only heard about 2 Isis songs before I saw them, but I was very impressed by their material. They're style, which is sort of what I felt from the two songs, reminded me of a mix of Tool, Mastodon, and Agalloch, except not as fucking amazing as that sounds on paper . They were really good (although nothing compared to Tool) and now I plan on looking into more of their material. I didn't like the singers 'harsh' vocals sometimes, though... they sounded weird. Overall I thought they were much better than the last opening band I saw (Operatika ).
Old 10-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
The lasers are definitely sweet, but the Lateralus tour setup completely dwarfed this one in every way. 3 shows on that tour would have been just unreal, different setlists every night too.
It's a shame i was too young and not into Tool at that point. (2004 is when i got into Tool)
But im not going to be annoyed about what i missed then, cause there's no chance i would have ever gone. I can only imagine, from the videos and pictures i've seen i think the new set looks better than the lateralus set. Except D/R/T looks very very good with all the visuals and stuff.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-08-2006, 02:22 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakbobcat
It's a shame i was too young and not into Tool at that point. (2004 is when i got into Tool)
But im not going to be annoyed about what i missed then, cause there's no chance i would have ever gone. I can only imagine, from the videos and pictures i've seen i think the new set looks better than the lateralus set. Except D/R/T looks very very good with all the visuals and stuff.
D/R/T live rivals only Lateralus and Jambi for me I think.......shit, fucking incredible stuff.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72
Ah. Well, since I don't think I'm going to get around to typing a full review (I mean... I just got up from like a 3 hour nap )...

I'd only heard about 2 Isis songs before I saw them, but I was very impressed by their material. They're style, which is sort of what I felt from the two songs, reminded me of a mix of Tool, Mastodon, and Agalloch, except not as fucking amazing as that sounds on paper . They were really good (although nothing compared to Tool) and now I plan on looking into more of their material. I didn't like the singers 'harsh' vocals sometimes, though... they sounded weird. Overall I thought they were much better than the last opening band I saw (Operatika ).
It's funny to see how an outsider not familiar with Isis' genre describes their sound, and you did it with bands you are familiar with, very cool I would never throw Mastodon or Agalloch in there, but the Tool influence is obviously big, especially on the new album. I'm glad you liked them

Isis are gonna tour the U.S with Jesu in February, you guys should keep your eyes peeled for info on that one I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing Isis play a full set.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
D/R/T live rivals only Lateralus and Jambi for me I think.......shit, fucking incredible stuff.
Well Jambi is very very impressive live. I was astounded to see how much better it sounded seeing it rather than hearing it on CD. And I didn't listen to Lateralus much until i heard it live truly amazing.
Im overexcited about this next gig they are playing here. As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
The first time i saw them they played at a 2,500 sized venue, this time it's 10,000.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
N00B

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well Jambi is very very impressive live. I was astounded to see how much better it sounded seeing it rather than hearing it on CD. And I didn't listen to Lateralus much until i heard it live truly amazing.
Im overexcited about this next gig they are playing here. As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
The first time i saw them they played at a 2,500 sized venue, this time it's 10,000.
You're gonna love it
Old 10-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
You're gonna love it
I hope so. Slayer and Motorhead before then though.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-08-2006, 02:32 PM
N00B

Quote:
I hope so. Slayer and Motorhead before then though.
Hell of a concert schedule you got coming up
Old 10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
As i only just bought my ticket and it's now sold out.
They should make a live album called 10,000 Seats.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:37 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72
They should make a live album called 10,000 Seats.
l0lz0r

Tool are loooooooooooooooooong overdue for a live DVD actually

Tags
tool