Arch Enemy and Kreator -- Baltimore, MD -- October 23rd, 2014
Mastodon -- Kansas City, MO -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Milwaukee, WI -- October 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
Huh, where was "The Trooper" on my Maiden England video?

It was locked in the men's room by "Still Life" & "Die With Your Boots On."
Old 10-05-2006, 11:25 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by es156
People complain about hearing the same old songs every tour and call them a nostalgia band. Then people complain when they drop the classics and play the new songs. There is no way to make everyone happy.

I am thrilled that I get to see them again. I also happen to really like the new CD so that makes me even more stoked. A lot of it has to do with perspective, I guess.

(Now, if they had dropped Hallowed, then I would be bent! For my money, that is the only untouchable song.)
I think you're missing the point. Maiden says "Hey, were not a nostalgia band!" and then goes on greatest hits tour, releases more greatest hit albums, and re-releases old singles.

What happened to just a good ole set list? If Maiden wants to play more older songs or more newer songs, why can't they just extend their show a little bit?

I think the bottom line for most people is they want to hear new Maiden mixed with classic Maiden, not extremes in either direction (although I'm sure that the vast majority would take a set of old Maiden over a set of new Maiden.)

It's also worth noting that Dance of Death has been out for three years, an entire world tour, and the start of another tour have taken place and yet the album has only been featured on one of those. Brave New World has been marginalized for the last four, four and a half years with no more than 2 songs in a set. Clearly that's confidence in their new material...

Next tour there will probably be zero AMOLAD songs (greatest hits, right?) Regular tour after that? What do you think will happen to this album?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
It was locked in the men's room by "Still Life" & "Die With Your Boots On."

Those were great live, I'm just pointing out that indeed, "The Trooper" hasn't been toured on.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge
I think you're missing the point. Maiden says "Hey, were not a nostalgia band!" and then goes on greatest hits tour, releases more greatest hit albums, and re-releases old singles.

What happened to just a good ole set list? If Maiden wants to play more older songs or more newer songs, why can't they just extend their show a little bit?

I think the bottom line for most people is they want to hear new Maiden mixed with classic Maiden, not extremes in either direction (although I'm sure that the vast majority would take a set of old Maiden over a set of new Maiden.)

It's also worth noting that Dance of Death has been out for three years, an entire world tour, and the start of another tour have taken place and yet the album has only been featured on one of those. Brave New World has been marginalized for the last four, four and a half years with no more than 2 songs in a set. Clearly that's confidence in their new material...

Next tour there will probably be zero AMOLAD songs (greatest hits, right?) Regular tour after that? What do you think will happen to this album?
Maiden could extend their setlist if they wanted to, but they aren't. As for Dance Of Death not getting played this time around, I think it's a smart move to "stick to the classics" after playing their entire new album. Just because one person wants Dance Of Death to played live doesn't mean the entire audience wants it to be played live.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:53 AM

Unhappy

A few rarities thrown in there would be nice.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:54 AM
We're dying on the inside

Who cares how ballsy it is, the set sucks. I'm personally glad that I won't be seeing them. And there's no way this is their last U.S. tour either, because they'll want to do some sort of a farewell format. I enjoy AMOLAD quite a bit but this is a travesty.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
N00B

1) Like the concept of playing their whole new album live in a country where generally people are less accepting of their new records
2) Like them changing out some of the "classics"......if they didn't just drop them altogether
3.) Too bad AMOLAD is....well.......
Old 10-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Shredder

Well, this will be my first Maiden show. And im still looking forward to it.
Reasons:
- My family don't like metal
- Iron Maiden haven't toured the UK in the past 2 years, to my knowledge. (correct me if im wrong)
And so don't say "you aren't a true maiden fan" or any of that shit. - it's not my fault i wasn't brought into any of this sooner and im pissed.
But hey at least i get to see the greatest metal band ever, arguably.
Cannot wait! I'll be pleased if we get that sort of setlist. There are two songs i'd like to see, Fear Of The Dark and The Trooper.
28th Eric Clapton
Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 PM
The Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Maiden could extend their setlist if they wanted to, but they aren't. As for Dance Of Death not getting played this time around, I think it's a smart move to "stick to the classics" after playing their entire new album. Just because one person wants Dance Of Death to played live doesn't mean the entire audience wants it to be played live.
Definitely. However, the smarter move is just not playing the entire new album
Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Catch The Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
1) Like the concept of playing their whole new album live in a country where generally people are less accepting of their new records
2) Like them changing out some of the "classics"......if they didn't just drop them altogether
3.) Too bad AMOLAD is....well.......
If you like the new album it's a great set list (duh). But I guess if you don't I'd see where you might feel abit disappointed. Don't forget, however, they told us they were going to do this!

Tags
iron maiden