Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 09-22-2006, 07:25 AM
Dharma Wants You

WASP - New Record Label, and " Dominator " details revealed!

Steamhammer/SPV has announced the signing of the American cult band W.A.S.P. On November 10 in Germany, November 13 in Europe and November 21 in USA, their new offering, "Dominator", arrives in the shops, their first studio album since 2004.

With nine releases to date, Blackie Lawless & Co. not only count among the most charismatic hard rock bands of our time, but also among the most dynamic and rich in ideas. Legendary are the albums "The Crimson Idol" and "The Headless Children", cult above all the hit singles "I Wanna Be Somebody", "Blind In Texas" and in particular "Animal: Fuck Like A Beast", for which W.A.S.P. got a good public scolding in their somewhat prudish home country of America. But Lawless and his colleagues remain undaunted and continue to rub salt into open wounds in 2006.

With "Dominator", Blackie Lawless & Co are to release a further masterpiece that simply bristles with phenomenal riffs and catchy arrangements. Besides numerous quality compositions of their own, such as "Mercy", "Take Me Up" or "Heaven's Hung In Black" bearing the band's typical trademarks, "Dominator" also offers with "Burn" (DEEP PURPLE) and "Fortunate Son" (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL) two cover versions that stay true to the W.A.S.P. tradition of "The Real Me" and "I Don't Need No Doctor".

The band are renowned for their dynamic and energetic live shows. Beginning of September they embarked on their extensive european tour that will take W.A.S.P. through Germany, Norway, Finland, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Greece, Italy, France, England, Ireland, Russia, Spain and Portugal, among others. This means that the fans in many countries can see their idols in the flesh before the release of the new album and can almost certainly look forward to a particularly interesting set list. All in all, three full months of performances in Europe will make this the longest tour in the band's history.

"Dominator" (view cover here) track listing:

01. Mercy
02. Burn (DEEP PURPLE cover)
03. Take Me Up
04. Heaven's Blessed
05. Heaven's Hung In Black
06. Long Long Way To Go
07. Teacher
08. Heaven's Hung In Black (Reprise)
09. Fortunate Son (CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL cover)
Old 09-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Dharma Wants You

Only nine tracks and two of them are covers??

Oh well, I'm sure it will be at least average. I've heard the live version of " Mercy " they have been doing on this tour and it sounds pretty good.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Like a chupacabra, but with dicks

Remind me: How many decades has it been since this band was relevant in any way? Were they ever?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerslave_85
Remind me: How many decades has it been since this band was relevant in any way? Were they ever?
As of having not heard Crimson Idol, I should say about 1 and a half. Go listen to "The Headless Children." Awesome album. Their self-titled debut is damn good too.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Dharma Wants You

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
As of having not heard Crimson Idol, I should say about 1 and a half. Go listen to "The Headless Children." Awesome album. Their self-titled debut is damn good too.
The Crimson Idol is a fucking brilliant record. The rest since then have been average with a few good songs wedged in there. I would hardly say that makes them non-relevant. I have seen them live three times and I'll tell you the put on a better show than most bands out there now days.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:13 AM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

W.A.S.P. are just awesome. Plain and simple. I saw them at the Key Club back in June and they just blew me away!!! If you ever have the chance to see them live.... DO IT!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral_Slave
The Crimson Idol is a fucking brilliant record. The rest since then have been average with a few good songs wedged in there. I would hardly say that makes them non-relevant. I have seen them live three times and I'll tell you the put on a better show than most bands out there now days.

Providing Blackie is in a good mood that night.