Tankcrimes Brainsqueeze 2 -- Oakland, CA -- April 18th, 2014
Unearth -- Pontiac, MI -- April 17th, 2014
Wayne Static -- Birmingham, AL -- April 17th, 2014
Ghost -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 17th, 2014
Rainbow Bar & Grill 42nd Anniversary -- West Hollywood, CA -- April 13th, 2014

Old 10-09-2006, 08:36 AM
N00B

The new Maiden setlist

K i know there's been a lot of mixed feelings about the set on the current maiden tour. My friends have been saying "it sucks, nothing from brave new world, or dance of death" or "Its not gonna be same, its gonna be like seeing a new band" and i've just wanted to express my views on the set list, feel free to add yours too!!

in my opinnion its the bollocks that iron maiden are playing the whole of there new album. its such a good record and every song deserves to get played at the show. I'm seeing them in december in london, and of course i will miss some of there earlier stuff, but the regular maiden tracks have been played at every show for the past 15 odd years, its great to attend a show that is going to be near enough 75% new material set!!

I can understand all you "new" maiden fans being pissed off, but i think its great for the old skool fans to hear something different and new. You youngsters should appreciate it!!!

Also i can understand maiden playing the whole album, unlike on the dance of death tour just playing a handful of songs, i think AMOLAD is an excellent achievement to realese something so bold and fresh that revives maiden.

Plus to be honest, i dunno if its true, but in my opinnion maiden must get a bit tired of playing the same old set and same old songs. Last year is evidence of that where on there tour they were just playing material from the first 4 albums, i know that caused upset for the "new" maiden fans, but i fu**ing loved it!!! When are they gonna play that same set again??? and its the same with this tour, when are they gonna play this set again???

People with tickets to the maiden shows, count yourself lucky, this show's gonna go down in history!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
UP THE IRONS!!!!!!

I agree. The first time I heard the news, I was kinda bummed, but then I figured AMOLAD is an awesome album that deserves to have every song played live. I saw them on the Dance Of Death tour 2 and a half years ago and the show was awesome. Im seeing them again in 2 weeks, and I guarantee the show will be WAY MORE AWESOME then it was back then. If you dont like the setlist, dont go to the show. But I'm sure this show will go down in history and will be a show for the ages.

P.S. Is there anyone going to the Maiden show October 21 in Irvine??
Old 10-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Complete tool

My feelings are that at least we are getting something new instead of the same stuff over and over. My only real problem is how short the set is. If your gonna charge your fans 60 bucks for a ticket you can at least play for 2 hours.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:05 AM
HEY! LISTEN!

I just wish the order was a little more changed around, more variety. They could do what they did on the DOD tour, except with every song from AMOLAD instead of just 6. Other than that, I'm quite fine with the setlist.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
In Search of Truth

I agree.

Maiden does greatest hits tours almost every other year at this point, so when they tour in support of a new album, they should play it all, because it's probably the only chance they're gonna have to play most of those songs live...
And furthermore, people need to stop bitching. It's called the A Matter of Life and Death Tour, so they shouldn't go if they don't like the new album...

The crowd response when I saw them was attrocious. When the lights came on people started flipping out, swearing at the band and saying they'd never see or support Maiden again.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
cool babies, strange but not a stranger

I've had the album in my car's cd changer sense it came out, and I'm looking forward to hearing the songs live. besides, even if you're a new fan and you've never seen them play the old stuff live, there are plenty of live dvds and cds you can go buy. and if anyone says that they hate maiden now because of this then they're just admitting to being a poser. i hope the east rutherford show has a better crowd, but then again everyone in jersey in an asshole, so...
Old 10-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Regretting my username

i disagree that it is a good thing for old skool fans. If you are an Iron Maiden fan, you are going to want to listen to songs that got you into Iron Maiden fanaticism. I dont have the new CD yet, but it seems that I wouldnt want the entire new album on the set, since I like some of the older stuff (NOTB, POM, SSOASS, etc) it would be nice to see a few more of those songs on there.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Catch The Rainbow

I'm glad I get to here the whole new album live. It's a great album! I only wish they could put some of the classic songs mixed in with some of the new ones! Make the set more like this:

Different World
These Colours don´t run
Ben Breeg
23:58
Pilgrim
Lord of Light
Out of the Shadows
Greater Good of God
Legacy
Fear of the Dark
Brighter 1000 suns
Iron Maiden

Longest Day
The Evil that men do
Hallowed

Also add a couple more songs like Where Eagles Dare & Trooper!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Regretting my username

yeah....How long before your average Maiden fan (not fanatics on here) start getting pissed that they dont get The Trooper, Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast,etc?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
We're dying on the inside

This should be the setlist:

AMOLAD
Fear of the Dark
The Trooper
Iron Maiden
----
NOTB
RTTH
HBTN