Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Old 09-30-2004, 06:15 PM
N00B

Thumbs up Dio -- Hartford, CT -- September 29th, 2004

Originally posted on www.diomessageboard.com Enjoy!

On Wednesday evening, September 29, 2004 Dio kicked off the North American tour at Hartford’s Webster Theater. For me, this was a sort of “Dio bookends” kind of event. You see on December 15, 2002 the band ended the Killing The Dragon tour in Hartford and now, they kick off this part of the tour here.

First up was Fireball Ministry. They got maybe an hour and made the most of it. Simple, AC/DC kind of music with driving, heavy beats and some very nice harmonies between the singer and guitarists. They may just be the “little band that could,” seemingly breaking away from bars and now being onto bigger and better. I wish them luck. Do yourself a favor and the to the show early to check them out.

Anthrax was up next. John Bush was in total control of the crowd. He added a dimension to the music that I don’t think Joey Belladonna could ever have. I’ve not bought any new Anthrax in over 10 years, so I was well out of touch with them, but man did they impress. They open with “N.F.L” and I believe did Got The Time next. Christ, were they tight and on the money. Other tracks played were Indians, Caught In A Mosh (3rd song?), Antisocial, Keep It In The Family, and Deathrider. Very energetic, very infectious and well worth seeing. Joey Very kills on bass and is easily one of the most under rated bassists out there. Scot Ian is a walking penis with a goatee in woeful need of an ass kicking.

And Then There Was Dio
After a very short break after Anthrax’s set, the lights went off and the familiar sounds of the intro to Killing The Dragon set the crowd right off. Nice little stage rush, awesome! There was even a pit during Stargazer which I took full advantage of! Craig’s sound was off the charts. Clear, crisp, heavy and authorative. He thrashes and spins that BC Rich Warlock like it was going to be thrown out after the gig. Rudy’s playing was focused and articulate. There were times it looked as if he was picking with all 4 fingers, while at other times slamming chords like Steve Harris. No one except Ronnie was happier to be n stage, sharing the moments than Rudy was. Rudy, please make Dio your home. Simon Wright was well on top of everything and his drum solo, while definitely something we’ve heard before still rocked! And then there’s The Master Of The Stage, Ronnie James Dio. Man, did he sound fucking amazing! At no time did he sound tired or strained, this coming off of something like a 3 week vacation. He was all over that stage, showing how it should be done. He made Heaven And Hell into something to remember forever. Stand out tracks were Sign Of The Southern Cross, Stargazer, and Neon Knights. Oh yeah. Scot Warren was also there. His playing was great but it’s seriously time for a change. He looked bored, at times angry that he had to even be there. Craig, during his solo, had to have someone drag him out for the instrumental, and let me tell you, neither were happy about it. Very tense.

Set List:

Intro-Killing The Dragon
1. One More For The Road
2. Sign Of The Southern Cross
3. Stargazer
4. Stand Up And Shout
5. Drum Solo
6. Don’t Talk To Strangers
7. The Eyes
8. Killing The Dragon
9. Man On The Silver Mountain
10. Guitar Solo
11. Long Live Rock n Roll/Man On The Silver Mountain(reprise)
12. Rock & Roll Children
13. Gates Of Babylon
14. Holy Diver
15. Heaven And Hell

Encore

16. Last In Line
17. Rainbow In The Dark
18. We Rock
19. Neon Knights
Old 09-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

AWESOME!
Old 10-01-2004, 08:43 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_turkey_ed
AWESOME!
Man I hope that Anthrax will be able to make it for the West Coast dates as well
Old 10-02-2004, 03:54 PM
N00B

Anthrax setlist:

1. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
2. Caught in a Mosh
3. Safe Home
4. Antisocial
5. What Doesn't Die
6. Keep it in the Family
7. Death Rider
8. Indians
9. Got the Time
10. Only
Old 10-03-2004, 05:35 AM
Priest are superior

Man Anthrax didn't play Indians when they were here a few months ago, and its one of my favourite songs.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:56 PM
FUCK BUSH! VIVA HUGO CHAVEZ!

SWEET!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
Anthrax setlist:

1. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
2. Caught in a Mosh
3. Safe Home
4. Antisocial
5. What Doesn't Die
6. Keep it in the Family
7. Death Rider
8. Indians
9. Got the Time
10. Only
Old 10-07-2004, 12:50 AM
FUCK BUSH! VIVA HUGO CHAVEZ!

DIO SHOULD PLAY "DIE YOUNG"
Old 10-08-2004, 05:49 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECHO EN MEXICO
DIO SHOULD PLAY "DIE YOUNG"

That would be killer Who knows, maybe next time. He is very good about bringing back old songs, I mean look at Gates Of Babylon! That song hasn't been done since 1977 WHEN RONNIE WAS STILL IN RAINBOW!!!!!!!!! Man, that's a loooooooooong time ago Not to mention other songs he hasn't done in ages like Sign Of The Southern Cross, Rock & Roll Children, and Neon Knights

Tags
anthrax, dio