Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-20-2006, 07:01 PM
Where all the white women at?

Sounds Of The Underground -- Orlando, FL -- July 19th, 2006

Last year's Sounds was hard to top for me. Clutch and SYL(my two favorite) on one bill was hard to beat. Well this year there was more bands there that I liked. HORSE the band was the one I wanted to see the most as well as Cannibal Corpse, Trivium, In Flames, The Chariot, GWAR and As I Lay Dying.

I arrived at 11, 2 hours before the show in my HORSE the band shirt.(Felt like such a fan boy) As soon as the doors opened I quickly looked at Meet and Great Times and Set times. Looked at merchandise and went over to the stage.

There was alot more people there then last year due to the popularity of In Flames, AILD and Trivium in there hometown.

Throught the Eyes of the Dead was first. They had a huge hardcore pit for them They were really deathcore but more metal then hardcore. They were alright but not my style of music.

Well next was the legends themself. From California, HORSE the band. Combining hardcore, metal, and nintendo they are one of the most original addictive, funniest bands around. I was beyond excited for them. I had to give my camera to my friend cause I'd break it other wise as I headed up closer to the stage. They all walked out and the intro to "Birdo" started. And I just errupted. I was all over the place screaming as loud as I could and just enjoying everything. They were really funny. Someone yelled out "Cutsman" and the singer yelled. "WE PLAY, YOU LISTEN. THIS ISN'T A FUCKING REQUEST LINE! anyways our next song is Raining Blood." and they started playing Cutsman. That's when I just about lost it. I was screaming as loud as I could. And when they pointed the mic out into the audience all you could hear was me screaming "LITTLE ANDROID MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and everyone around staring at me. 20 mins wasn't enough for me but I can't wait to see them again

the set was:
Birdo
A Million Exploding Suns
The Black Hole
Cutsman
Taken By Vultures

Well after that I was EXHAUSTED. Physically and emotionally drained. I went and got some water and headed over to the merchandise booth. I ended up missing The Chariot but I really had to because I was so tired. I went over to the merchandise booth and there was HORSE signing. So I went over and took a picture with Nathan(singer) and got all of them to sign my CD, DVD and T-shirt.

I missed Behemoth on purpose and didn't care about seeing Black Dahlia Murder and Terror. I also got to meet In Flames which was really awesome as they were really nice. They signed my ticket and told me to have fun

Then I walked over to the As I Lay Dying booth to meet them. As I got closer they were all reall pleasent and really happy. When I met the singer I told him I really love his lyrics because they such a breath of fresh air talking about love, life and God and the great things about Him and what he does. And he just stopped and looked at me and says "That really means alot to me that you take the time to look at my lyrics and take them to heart. We are all together and I'm so glad that you are my brother in Christ always and forever" And then I was just so....happy. I took a picture with him and Clint the bass player.

GWAR was next and I spent there whole set taking pictures of them. Again they were hilarious and the crowd loved every minute of it. They played alot of new songs from the upcoming CD. But people with GWAR want the stage show, not really the music sadly. They killed A cop a.k.a a pig, Nazi Pope, President Bush

GWAR's biggest fan and Gor-gor the dinosaur thing creature.
I think this picture sums up GWAR the most.

The Set was:
War Party
New Song
Bring Back The Bomb
Womb With A View
New Song
Gor-Gor
Schools Out(which rocked)

Up next was the legends of death metal. Cannibal Corpse. A brutal band. I used to like them but have severly grown out of them, especially with their lyrics and singing. But they did impress and got the crowd moving. The pit was huge. I recorded some of it put the thing was huge. They played for 30 mins, but really I just wanted to hear Make Them Suffer, which is awesome live. I was walking around doing my Cannibal Corpse immitation and got a few laughs.

Set:
Murder Worship
Pounded Into Dust
Make Them Suffer
Fucked With A Knife
Devoured By Vermin
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped, Raped, and Strangled

Next was Trivium. They are huge in Orlando and starting to become huge all over the world. But there set was good because Matt's mic wasn't working and you couldn't hear him. Nobody on stage knew it and the crowd was yelling to turn the mic up. They finally fixed it but there was only time for 2 more songs. An awesome cover of Master of Puppets and Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr. I wish they fixed the mic problem earlier because it really ruined their set.

Setlist:
Like Light To The Flies
Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation
Ember To Inferno
Detonation
Master Of Puppets
Pull Harder On The Strings Of Your Martyr

In Flames set was really good. They played early songs(finally) so I was really happy. I was sitting in the stands for them because I was tired from being up close with GWAR, CC, And Trivium and I wanted to be close for AILD. There was alot of people there for IF and the stage set up was really sweet.

Set:
Pinball Map
Leeches
Jotun
Watch Them Feed
Trigger
Gyroscope
Cloud Connected
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

I got up the baracade for As I Lay Dying. They opened with my favorite AILD, Confined and the crowd was insane. There was metal heads, hardcore kids, skater kids, and alot of hot girls there. I was screaming all the lyrics the whole time and just rocking out. They really stole the show and were the best band of the whole night. Josh from The Chariot came out which was awesome because I love his singing, especially on the first Norma Jean CD. They closed with Forever and I was so tired. I was screaming all of Forever until my voice was gone and Clint the bassist saw me and gave me the horns.

Setlist:
Confined
(In no order)
94 Hours
Fallen Upon Deaf Ears
Distance Is Darkness
Behind Me Lies Another Fallen Soldier
Undefined
Meaning In Tragedy
Confined
Darkest Nights
Reflection
Through Struggle
Illusions
Control Is Dead (w/ Josh from The Chariot)
Forever

All in all it was better then last year's and the greatest day of my life.

What is scary though is I still have Ozzfest coming and that may blow SOTU out of the water
Old 07-20-2006, 07:14 PM
We're dying on the inside

Wow, that's a really great In Flames set...I can't believe they played some of those! Thanks for the GWAR pics too

Sounds like it was a great day, maybe I'll have to try to go next year.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Regretting my username

Its awesome to have another AILD fan on here......and a Christian

Sounds like an awesome show.

PS...you look like Bam Margera

Last edited by ChildrenofSodom; 07-20-2006 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:02 PM

I'll tell you what was funny. Oderus was doing autogrpahs and someone had a poster with pictures of all the SOTU bands and He circled Behemoth and wrote Hanson.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylpriest
I'll tell you what was funny. Oderus was doing autogrpahs and someone had a poster with pictures of all the SOTU bands and He circled Behemoth and wrote Hanson.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:18 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Should've seen Behemoth.

But In Flames played Gyroscope and Jotun!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Director, Set List Intelligence

Fucking great writeup!
Old 07-20-2006, 09:32 PM

Oh yeah every band does a signing for free at their tent and some at the Jagermister tent. Merchandise is cheap. Shirts range from $8-$20. Even if you're going for one band it is well worth it.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 PM
N00B

you gotta be kidding me, I saw In Flames at this last friday and they played two songs off Reroute to Remain and not a single song before that. Now they added Gyroscope, Jotun, and Pinball Map? I'm so pissed.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixhundredand66
you gotta be kidding me, I saw In Flames at this last friday and they played two songs off Reroute to Remain and not a single song before that. Now they added Gyroscope, Jotun, and Pinball Map? I'm so pissed.
you should've seen the Come Clarity setlist....sheesh

Tags
as i lay dying, cannibal corpse, gwar, horse the band, in flames, sounds of the underground, trivium