Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

It Lies Within -- Westland, MI -- December 16th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Kansas City, MO -- December 16th, 2014
System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Somebody once called the intro to Diamonds and Rust on Unleashed In The East a thrash riff. That is the basis I make that statement on. And yes, for a so-called "Disco song" that song is quite heavy, and its certainly not the rapist nightmare that is *shudder* E M O T I O N A L R E S C U E.
No kidding. I think a lot of hardcore Kiss fans (if they in fact exist) hate I Was Made for Lovin' You for all the wrong reasons, for example, because VH1 told them to.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
No kidding. I think a lot of hardcore Kiss fans (if they in fact exist) hate I Was Made for Lovin' You for all the wrong reasons, for example, because VH1 told them to.

VH1 told KISS fans to hate I Was Made For Lovin You? VH1 told me that Gene believe's in "Kisstianity."
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
VH1 told KISS fans to hate I Was Made For Lovin You? VH1 told me that Gene believe's in "Kisstianity."
VH1 had a program called "most awesome bad metal songs", and I Was Made for Lovin' You as well as the acoustic song Michael Bolton co-wrote (title escapes me at the moment) made the top 40.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:42 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
VH1 had a program called "most awesome bad metal songs", and I Was Made for Lovin' You as well as the acoustic song Michael Bolton co-wrote (title escapes me at the moment) made the top 40.

They also put The Last In Line on that list. Nuff said.

Somehow, I don't think "hardcore KISS fans" listen to VH1 100% of the time.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:45 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
They also put The Last In Line on that list. Nuff said.

Somehow, I don't think "hardcore KISS fans" listen to VH1 100% of the time.
Yeah, and Silent Lucidity and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. VH1 are worthless.

I dunno dude, if I was gonna pick a band whose fanbase listens to the mainstream, it would probably be Kiss.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
Yeah, and Silent Lucidity and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. VH1 are worthless.

I dunno dude, if I was gonna pick a band whose fanbase listens to the mainstream, it would probably be Kiss.

__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-21-2006, 08:54 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
To which statement?

I'll respond to each:

Silent Lucidity may be "un-metal", as they tried to put it, but it's a fucking essential ballad. And BYD...TTS does something that Maiden tunes rarely let you do: just sit back and rock out. No thinking required there.

And to the second, Kiss fans who go out and buy the Kaskets, the pinball machines, the hats, the thongs (sandals and underpants), the action figures, and the Nerf guns are slaves to the system, and if VH1 says something, well by God, it's the truth.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-21-2006, 09:05 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
To which statement?

I'll respond to each:

Silent Lucidity may be "un-metal", as they tried to put it, but it's a fucking essential ballad. And BYD...TTS does something that Maiden tunes rarely let you do: just sit back and rock out. No thinking required there.

And to the second, Kiss fans who go out and buy the Kaskets, the pinball machines, the hats, the thongs (sandals and underpants), the action figures, and the Nerf guns are slaves to the system, and if VH1 says something, well by God, it's the truth.

I wasn't angry, I was thinking. About the second statement. That could be because Vh1 plays something on KISS at least twice a year, so I can see why certain people would look to them as an authority.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-21-2006, 09:06 PM
DethMaiden's Avatar
DethMaiden DethMaiden is offline
We're dying on the inside
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 28,828
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
I wasn't angry, I was thinking. About the second statement. That could be because Vh1 plays something on KISS at least twice a year, so I can see why certain people would look to them as an authority.
Ah, gotcha. That smiley is very ambiguous.

Yeah, but nonetheless, we're overanalyzing a band whose basic intention can be described with two words: JUST ROCK.
__________________
Mortals are mortar and life is the fuse.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
JRA's Avatar
JRA JRA is offline
Traditionalist Asshole
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
Ah, gotcha. That smiley is very ambiguous.

Yeah, but nonetheless, we're overanalyzing a band whose basic intention can be described with two words: JUST ROCK.


I'm tired, and I've been having two different conversations with you on two different threads. I need to go to sleep.
__________________
He's like "yo give me yo insurance information!" and I'm like "I didn't hit you with no car, I hit you with this mack truck I call a fist!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kiss

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008