System Of A Down -- Inglewood, CA -- December 13th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Montreal, Quebec -- December 13th, 2014
Nonpoint -- Flint, MI -- December 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 PM
We're dying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
Somebody once called the intro to Diamonds and Rust on Unleashed In The East a thrash riff. That is the basis I make that statement on. And yes, for a so-called "Disco song" that song is quite heavy, and its certainly not the rapist nightmare that is *shudder* E M O T I O N A L R E S C U E.
No kidding. I think a lot of hardcore Kiss fans (if they in fact exist) hate I Was Made for Lovin' You for all the wrong reasons, for example, because VH1 told them to.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
No kidding. I think a lot of hardcore Kiss fans (if they in fact exist) hate I Was Made for Lovin' You for all the wrong reasons, for example, because VH1 told them to.

VH1 told KISS fans to hate I Was Made For Lovin You? VH1 told me that Gene believe's in "Kisstianity."
Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
VH1 told KISS fans to hate I Was Made For Lovin You? VH1 told me that Gene believe's in "Kisstianity."
VH1 had a program called "most awesome bad metal songs", and I Was Made for Lovin' You as well as the acoustic song Michael Bolton co-wrote (title escapes me at the moment) made the top 40.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
VH1 had a program called "most awesome bad metal songs", and I Was Made for Lovin' You as well as the acoustic song Michael Bolton co-wrote (title escapes me at the moment) made the top 40.

They also put The Last In Line on that list. Nuff said.

Somehow, I don't think "hardcore KISS fans" listen to VH1 100% of the time.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
They also put The Last In Line on that list. Nuff said.

Somehow, I don't think "hardcore KISS fans" listen to VH1 100% of the time.
Yeah, and Silent Lucidity and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. VH1 are worthless.

I dunno dude, if I was gonna pick a band whose fanbase listens to the mainstream, it would probably be Kiss.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Yeah, and Silent Lucidity and Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. VH1 are worthless.

I dunno dude, if I was gonna pick a band whose fanbase listens to the mainstream, it would probably be Kiss.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
To which statement?

I'll respond to each:

Silent Lucidity may be "un-metal", as they tried to put it, but it's a fucking essential ballad. And BYD...TTS does something that Maiden tunes rarely let you do: just sit back and rock out. No thinking required there.

And to the second, Kiss fans who go out and buy the Kaskets, the pinball machines, the hats, the thongs (sandals and underpants), the action figures, and the Nerf guns are slaves to the system, and if VH1 says something, well by God, it's the truth.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
To which statement?

I'll respond to each:

Silent Lucidity may be "un-metal", as they tried to put it, but it's a fucking essential ballad. And BYD...TTS does something that Maiden tunes rarely let you do: just sit back and rock out. No thinking required there.

And to the second, Kiss fans who go out and buy the Kaskets, the pinball machines, the hats, the thongs (sandals and underpants), the action figures, and the Nerf guns are slaves to the system, and if VH1 says something, well by God, it's the truth.

I wasn't angry, I was thinking. About the second statement. That could be because Vh1 plays something on KISS at least twice a year, so I can see why certain people would look to them as an authority.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I wasn't angry, I was thinking. About the second statement. That could be because Vh1 plays something on KISS at least twice a year, so I can see why certain people would look to them as an authority.
Ah, gotcha. That smiley is very ambiguous.

Yeah, but nonetheless, we're overanalyzing a band whose basic intention can be described with two words: JUST ROCK.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

Quote:
Ah, gotcha. That smiley is very ambiguous.

Yeah, but nonetheless, we're overanalyzing a band whose basic intention can be described with two words: JUST ROCK.

I'm tired, and I've been having two different conversations with you on two different threads. I need to go to sleep.

Tags
kiss