9.Memories
10.Believe (Savatage cover)
11.Breaking the Chains
-dueling guitar solo-
-drum solo-
12.The Trooper (Iron Maiden cover)
13.We Will Rise
Outro: Hammerfall - Im Memoriam

So, as you may or may not know, this was out final show under the name Necromance... We've decided to change our name... it's also the final show our long-time drummer and friend Nick was doing with us. The other 4 of us will be continueing to play mostly the same music, just renaming the band, and subsequently be taking a hiatus to find a drummer, work on new music, and all that good stuff...

Anyway, the gig itself...
The show was at an area festival/fair type-event called Northampton Community Days... there were various other attractions both musical and otherwise...
The show wasn't just us... in fact it served as a reunion of sorts with the local band Arcanum, with who we played 3 of our first 4 shows... It was really cool to get to see them again, as they are friends of ours and we hadn't seen most of them in almost a year... Also, it was nice to finally have a band on before us who wasn't scaring people away... They played an hour set between 7 and 8...
So, there was about a half-hour changeover so we could change up all the gear and hang our logo banner... we hung out for about 10 minutes after that... and then it was time to cue up our intro music... it was a whole lot of anticipation... just standing there for about a minute and a half during this epic and ominous intro... before we knew it we were like 4 songs into the set...
The show was not without problems... there was a ton of cables running every which way, making it all too easy for me to get myself tangled up in everything... the short intermission allowed us to straighten all that out... the keyboard we were using for a few songs wouldnt cooperate with us, and the biggest problem of all was that the place we were playing had some real acousticsissues... you could tell it wasn't built for a metal band to play at... depending on where you stood onstage you got a completely different scope of the sound, leading to all sorts of technical issues...
There was a pretty good turnout... about the average amount of people there that specifically came for us... but due to the location of the gig, there were all sorts of people there for other reasons that stopped to watch the show, when we started there weren't that many people there, but all of a sudden like 2 songs into the set I suddenly looked out and it seemed like the lawn was packed with people... Overall, it was a really cool gig... I think we went out with a bang... a real unique show to end with... when the outro music started it was really emotional... to come to the edge of the stage and do all the post-show greetings and such... it was nice, yet very weird knowing we'd never do it again as Necromance...
I mean, I feel I'm getting too overemotional with this, because there's a good chance I'll be on-stage again with 3 of the 4 other people within 4-6 months...

But yeah... enjoy.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Regretting my username

awesome man. Good luck with the band and be sure to keep us all up to date.

You guys sounded like your were on your way up....
Old 07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
N00B

Good luck with the new band.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 PM
In Search of Truth

Thanks...

... and I forgot to mention the strange twist to all of this...

... with about 2 or 3 songs left in the set list... something caught my eye in the crowd... and then I realize who it was...

... about 9 weeks ago we had announced a new drummer, but things went wrong very quickly, and within 4 weeks we kicked him out... well, it was more like he threw a fit and walked out because he thought it was outragious of us to ask him to learn 2 songs in 2 weeks... the kid was a REAL ass hole, we were glad to see him go, no matter how much it jeopardized this show at the time...

... and he was at the show.
No, he hadn't put his stupidity behind him, he was there, drunk as hell, making stupid comments, basically making a complete ass out of himself... we seriously thought he was gonna try to start something with us, but he left... it was fucked up.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33
Thanks...

... and I forgot to mention the strange twist to all of this...

... with about 2 or 3 songs left in the set list... something caught my eye in the crowd... and then I realize who it was...

... about 9 weeks ago we had announced a new drummer, but things went wrong very quickly, and within 4 weeks we kicked him out... well, it was more like he threw a fit and walked out because he thought it was outragious of us to ask him to learn 2 songs in 2 weeks... the kid was a REAL ass hole, we were glad to see him go, no matter how much it jeopardized this show at the time...

... and he was at the show.
No, he hadn't put his stupidity behind him, he was there, drunk as hell, making stupid comments, basically making a complete ass out of himself... we seriously thought he was gonna try to start something with us, but he left... it was fucked up.
That sucks
Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Regretting my username

I didnt scan your post with a fine-tooth comb, so I probably missed it, but what do you do in the band?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
In Search of Truth

Well, over the past two years at one point or another I've basically filled in on every instrument in the band, even ones we usually don't have someone playing (i.e. keyboards)...

... but 95% of the time I play guitar
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Regretting my username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden33
Well, over the past two years at one point or another I've basically filled in on every instrument in the band, even ones we usually don't have someone playing (i.e. keyboards)...

... but 95% of the time I play guitar

aww...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:38 AM
We're dying on the inside

Awesome man, your most important show ever. I bet the Believe cover owned.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:33 PM
In Search of Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethMaiden
Awesome man, your most important show ever. I bet the Believe cover owned.
Well... once it got going it was really good... but it started pretty badly... I had to play keys with a guitar pick in my right hand, impairing my playing, and I hit a really wrong chord in the very beginning of the verse... it was bad... but once everything got rolling it was very very awesome...

We got basically the whole show on CD and DVD, but I haven't heard or seen either yet, so I can't give a review from that perspective...

Tags
necromance