Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-13-2006, 03:40 PM
N00B

Cool Way Out West -- April 12, 2006 -- San Francisco, CA

Last night I went to see a couple of my friends play a Hurricane Katrina benefit show, and I got the setlist to add here because I figure that guys like KKB should be intersted, as he is a classic rock fan and these guys pulled out all classic rock and blues covers

NOTE: original artist is in parenthesis

Setlist:

1.) Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
2.) Take It Easy (The Eagles)
3.) Voodoo Child (Jimi Hendrix)
4.) ????? (The Eagles; not really sure though since I didn't recognize it)
5.) Tequila Sunrise (The Eagles)
6.) Red House (Jimi Hendrix)
7.) Hotel California (The Eagles)
8.) Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)

ENCORE

9.) Johnny B. Goode (Chuck Berry)

Some notes about the show: these guys are all my age, and are easily the most talented band for their age level that I have ever seen. The guitarists are unbelievable, pulling off twin lead solos the best I've seen outside of Maiden, I swear. Great sense and "feel" for playing too, which you really don't
see very often, those intagibles. They had great chemistry and the whole band was very energetic. Awesome bass work as well, and the bassist actually sang the last song Johnny B. Goode at the end. The drumming was decent, nothing spectacular but he could keep a beat seamlessly, and the fills at the end of Freebird were great. They did the same version of Freebird as the live one, the singer even introduced it with "Now what song is it you wanna hear?" with that flawless Southern accent (by the way, he has a great voice, again really one of the only teenagers I have ever heard who can actually sing) I actually responded to that by yelling "Play some Slayer!" but to no avail That song was probably the highlight, with the extended solo duel at the end, which was insane. People were screaming for that song all night long anyways, and the crowd was pretty decent-sized overall. My guess would be about 150 people total, which is damn good, and more than most "professional" bands get to play to i.e Pound shows sometimes don't even draw 100. Granted this was a benefit show, but it must have been a great thrill for the guys to play to so many people. Overall it was definitely worth the $3 I paid, and one heck of a lot better than going to some local show and watching 4 or 5 cookie-cutter metalcore screamo fags I'll even take the Eagles over that any day If I were to rate this show I'd give it a solid 7, and I can't wait to hear from these guys again
Old 04-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

You don't follow Freebird with anything. Plain and simple.

Nonetheless RED HOUSE!!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:40 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpeartjr.
You don't follow Freebird with anything. Plain and simple.

Nonetheless RED HOUSE!!
I thught they were done for sure, and I even started walking out until I hear them announced back on stage

Red House was fucking brilliant I was thrilled at the Hendrix's songs they chose, I was expecting your standard Purple Haze/Fire or something like that, but they busted out a stellar version of Voodoo Child and that chilled-out blues of Red House was fucking awesome too
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
I thught they were done for sure, and I even started walking out until I hear them announced back on stage

Red House was fucking brilliant I was thrilled at the Hendrix's songs they chose, I was expecting your standard Purple Haze/Fire or something like that, but they busted out a stellar version of Voodoo Child and that chilled-out blues of Red House was fucking awesome too
Do they have a myspace or something I can check out?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryKingsBeard
Do they have a myspace or something I can check out?
No, sorry Once I know more info about them you will be the first to know They have been together for a year though, so imagine they have been writing and such. I'll ask the guys at school once I get back from spring break, which by the way started today
Old 04-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
No, sorry Once I know more info about them you will be the first to know They have been together for a year though, so imagine they have been writing and such. I'll ask the guys at school once I get back from spring break, which by the way started today
Thanks man
Old 04-13-2006, 07:55 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryKingsBeard
Thanks man

Tags
way out west