Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 12-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised to see him use some or all of the current musicians. I'm not sure what to make of the RTA guys at this point. I have no comment at this time about them. I know Jeff won't be back. He can fuck off.
I know Jeff wanted more money but I do not know what did Rob wanted or why he left. I know that Steve and John felt that their contribution to BLAZE did not have all the credit they wanted.

But If the Messiah needs help I can play some drums a be a rodie for free, just give me food, booz and slutty groupies
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-22-2004, 05:48 PM
Yoda's Avatar
Yoda Yoda is offline
Jedi Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Neither here nor there.
Posts: 10,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville
I know Jeff wanted more money but I do not know what did Rob wanted or why he left. I know that Steve and John felt that their contribution to BLAZE did not have all the credit they wanted.

But If the Messiah needs help I can play some drums a be a rodie for free, just give me food, booz and slutty groupies
Jeff called them a cabaret band because they played Wolfsbane and Maiden songs, and he wanted more money immediately. Why the fuck did he join in the first place? Blaze ALWAYS said they would play some Maiden and 'bane tunes live.

I doubt we'll ever know the full story about Rob, Steve, and John. Clearly, Steve and John wanted more credit, but it's also clear that there was more to it.
__________________
Makes everything taste better salt does.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Jeff called them a cabaret band because they played Wolfsbane and Maiden songs, and he wanted more money immediately. Why the fuck did he join in the first place? Blaze ALWAYS said they would play some Maiden and 'bane tunes live.

I doubt we'll ever know the full story about Rob, Steve, and John. Clearly, Steve and John wanted more credit, but it's also clear that there was more to it.
Jeff was clearly an asshole. It is very rude to bash the band who is bringing food to your table and for bashing it for unfair reasons. I hope TM or even Balze could clear up this mess. I have to confess that at some point I thought it was the end...but I am so happy to say that I was damn wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Yoda's Avatar
Yoda Yoda is offline
Jedi Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Neither here nor there.
Posts: 10,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouville
Jeff was clearly an asshole. It is very rude to bash the band who is bringing food to your table and for bashing it for unfair reasons. I hope TM or even Balze could clear up this mess. I have to confess that at some point I thought it was the end...but I am so happy to say that I was damn wrong.
Well, I wasn't sure what to think. I'm still not. Three things struck me as extremely odd...

1. The RTA guys spamming up planetblaze to promote their new band (with the active support of the pb webmaster).

2. Blaze's complete silence.

3. TM's interview that came after everyone else spoke but that didn't really address their statements in any meaningful way.
__________________
Makes everything taste better salt does.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Bouville's Avatar
Bouville Bouville is offline
Banned Asshole
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Where the shadows mourn
Posts: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Well, I wasn't sure what to think. I'm still not. Three things struck me as extremely odd...

1. The RTA guys spamming up planetblaze to promote their new band (with the active support of the pb webmaster).

2. Blaze's complete silence.

3. TM's interview that came after everyone else spoke but that didn't really address their statements in any meaningful way.
That is extremely odd indeed. It looks like the split was amicable from both sides but still is odd. And Blaze says nothing about the issue, probably in the future he will speak his mind. Steve and John have been quite agressive in some of their posts about their departure from BLAZE and that was allowed in Planetblaze... bizarre indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-22-2004, 07:26 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
They opened the bash with the song that opened their career. For a dvd, it makes sense.
Oh right
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blaze

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008