King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014
Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
N00B

Childern Of Bodom -- New York City, NY -- December 14th, 2005

Well damn. I went with two people to this show and we worked our asses off to scalp three good (not fake) tickets, and it was worth it just to fucking see Amon Amarth. We were right up in front for them, and they absolutely blew me away. Johan Hegg with his fucking drinking horn... shit. So goddamn cool. I don't remember the setlist exactly, but they played An Ancient Sign of Coming Storm, The Pursuit of Vikings, For the Stabwounds in Our Backs, The Fate of Norns, Releasing Surtur's Fire, Friends of the Suncross, and Death in Fire... that might be all of them, but I could have missed one or two.

Once they were finished, we retreated to the back so we wouldn't have to deal as much with Trivium, who, as I expected, sucked. That fucking frontman is an awful live performer, the way he handled the crowd made me want him to die. Not to mention their music sucks shit. The whole show was the same goddamn "crazy metal" passages followed by a stupid pussy melodic chorus and retarded one-note breakdowns. They topped it all off by bragging about how they were playing the guitars Dimebag used on the Reinventing the the Steel tour and proceeded to cover Walk, demanding respect for Dimebag but really just masturbating their own rock star selves. Fuck Trivium. Yes, that's right. FUCK TRIVIUM. And fuck their dumbass fans who know nothing and show up bad-mouthing Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom while waiting in line because they don't know anything about them.

Lastly was Children of Bodom, and unfortunately this was kind of disappointing. Bodom was great, they were all really on top of their game, and the floor was absolutely insane--it was impossible to escape the pits. It was disappointing, however, because we had to leave about 5 songs into the performance due to the last train back to Madison NJ at 11:49.

It's definitely worth noting that as we were getting ready to leave, Amon Amarth was hanging out and drinking near the merch counter. I went up to vocalist Johan, gripped his hand and his shoulder like a viking, and said "Skål!" in good Swedish tradition. He returned the celebratory saying in his friendly Nordic disposition. It was very metal

Last edited by overkiller; 12-15-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:38 PM
MY LEG!!

Hahah, sounds like it was a good time
Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 PM
N00B

Fuckin' awesome
Old 12-16-2005, 06:44 AM
N00B

At least 10 dumb kids bought fake tickets from sketchy black dudes and then didn't get into the show. For like 50 bucks each. I think we were the only people there who showed up without tickets and actually got in. Cause we rule.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:21 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller
At least 10 dumb kids bought fake tickets from sketchy black dudes and then didn't get into the show. For like 50 bucks each. I think we were the only people there who showed up without tickets and actually got in. Cause we rule.
Stupid. They actually are gonna think some black guys are gonna have tickets to a show like that!?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
Metal DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkiller
At least 10 dumb kids bought fake tickets from sketchy black dudes and then didn't get into the show.
In philly there was like 4-5 black guys who asked me for an extra ticket. They are bums/assholes who will buy a ticket off you for like $20 and sell them for $50 or more. Just gotta tell them to get lost.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:47 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

You should have say ''fuck off'' to the train and stayed buddy, big mistake

Cheers !
PowerBodoMaiden
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Man I didn't know you were going, it was a great show.

Sucks you had to leave, Bodom played great, though they didn't play Lake Bodom or Kissing The Shadows.

Did ya get there eraly or late-like? I showed up at around 4 and was pretty much against the rail the whole time.

This pic of Amon Amarth is the only one I got that came out.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72
Man I didn't know you were going, it was a great show.

Sucks you had to leave, Bodom played great, though they didn't play Lake Bodom or Kissing The Shadows.

Did ya get there eraly or late-like? I showed up at around 4 and was pretty much against the rail the whole time.

This pic of Amon Amarth is the only one I got that came out.
I got there probably around... 5-5:30. From that point until like 7 we were looking for good tickets, and we got some. For Amon we were pretty close to the rail, maybe 2 or 3 people deep. Once Amon was done we headed back to the bar, and then once they were done we mingled back up into the middle for Bodom. We should meet up at the next NYC show we're both at.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:44 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden
You should have say ''fuck off'' to the train and stayed buddy, big mistake

Cheers !
PowerBodoMaiden

If I didn't have a Classics final at 9 AM I totally would have done the metal thing and said fuck the train. Unfortunately we found out later that we could have gotten a train to Hoboken I believe, and from Hoboken back to Madison as late as like 2 AM. Oh well.

Tags
amon amarth, children of bodom, trivium