Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72
I think you're a little loony about Hatebreeder and Something Wild being that much better than all the others. IMO FTR > Something Wild.

As for AYDY, they picked good songs off it, I would like to see them ditch we're not gonna fall, though. The other 3 I really like and look forward to seeing. (Were not gonna falls an okay song there are just so many more I'd rather have)

Get rid of sixpounder.
IMO they are lightyears ahea dof the others. I dunno, almost sound like different bands (well maybe that's a bit drastic).

From AYDY they should just do TL&S and LDB, maybe the title track too.


That song is quite lame indeed, bad ripoff of Pantera's A New Level
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 PM
SomewhereInTime72's Avatar
SomewhereInTime72 SomewhereInTime72 is offline
HEY! LISTEN!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BKLYN NY
Posts: 12,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
IMO they are lightyears ahea dof the others. I dunno, almost sound like different bands (well maybe that's a bit drastic).

From AYDY they should just do TL&S and LDB, maybe the title track too.


That song is quite lame indeed, bad ripoff of Pantera's A New Level
If you want peace... would be cool too. But to avoid eating up set time i would only want it if they ditched LDB.

I remember sometime last year I was listening to sixpounder one time and I just thought to myself: "What the hell? This isn't good at all!"
__________________
"So yeah, monkey prostitution has happened."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 PM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomewhereInTime72
If you want peace... would be cool too. But to avoid eating up set time i would only want it if they ditched LDB.

I remember sometime last year I was listening to sixpounder one time and I just thought to myself: "What the hell? This isn't good at all!"


If You Want Peace gives me that feeling actually Along with 90% of AYDY?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2005, 09:48 PM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
IMO they are lightyears ahea dof the others. I dunno, almost sound like different bands (well maybe that's a bit drastic).

From AYDY they should just do TL&S and LDB, maybe the title track too.

That song is quite lame indeed, bad ripoff of Pantera's A New Level
1. I think hatebreeder sounds a lot like later bodom . . . im suprised that you hate HCDr and love HB when they sound alot alike to me

2. That would be good . . . ecept mayb in your face also ( ) i cant understand why they never play TL&S when it is one of their best songs

3. You know . . . i never noticed that, the opening riff sounds a bit like a new level . . . but the rest of the song is completely different, i dont see how you can call it a "ripoff"
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:03 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888
1. I think hatebreeder sounds a lot like later bodom . . . im suprised that you hate HCDr and love HB when they sound alot alike to me

2. That would be good . . . ecept mayb in your face also ( ) i cant understand why they never play TL&S when it is one of their best songs

3. You know . . . i never noticed that, the opening riff sounds a bit like a new level . . . but the rest of the song is completely different, i dont see how you can call it a "ripoff"
1.) I don't "hate" HCDR, I think it's a decent album, but nothing compared to Hatebreeder. IMO they do not sound very alike, much more keyboards on Hatebreeder, better vocals, more creative riffs, etc.

2.) I will give you that TL&S is definitely one of the best songs they've done post-Hatebreeder. It just rules.

3.) The opening riff, and then there's a another riff that comes later which sounds alike to it, and the whole song structure seems to follow in parallel pattern.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:26 AM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
1.) I don't "hate" HCDR, I think it's a decent album, but nothing compared to Hatebreeder. IMO they do not sound very alike, much more keyboards on Hatebreeder, better vocals, more creative riffs, etc.
Alexi's vocals suck ass on the first 2 . . . he sounds like any other extreme metal vocalist
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888
Alexi's vocals suck ass on the first 2 . . . he sounds like any other extreme metal vocalist
He sounds like that NOW
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:45 AM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
He sounds like that NOW
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:48 AM
ADD's Avatar
ADD ADD is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 22,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalDrummer888
My thoughts exactly
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-12-2005, 09:50 AM
MetalDrummer888's Avatar
MetalDrummer888 MetalDrummer888 is offline
Blunts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 4,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD
My thoughts exactly
__________________
"I only got the sunny hours, the brightest hours of day
I never count the gloomy hours, I let them slip away"
-Long Beach Dub Allstars
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
children of bodom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008