Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 08-17-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Motley Crue -- Alpharetta, GA -- August 16th, 2014

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, and even though the farewell thing might not be true, if it is it's awesome to say I saw them at their last Georgia gig.

A band from New York called The Raskins opened up the show. They were pretty good, a mix of Skid Row and L.A> Guns, with a little Poison thrown in the mix as well.

Next up was Alice Cooper, who I've been wanting to see for a good while now. He and his band did not disappoint. It was a 10/10 amazing show. A guillotine, a straight jacket, a huge monster, a large snake, and great firework show at the beginning made for an incredible spectacle. After seeing her play for the second time (the first with Femme Fatale), I now prefer Nita Strauss to Orianthi (not to say the later isn't still good). She can just rip on that guitar, and her whammy stuff was jaw-dropping. Best song of the night was Feed My Frankenstein.

Here's the set:
The Underture
1.Hello Hooray
2.No More Mr. Nice Guy
3.Under My Wheels
4.I'm Eighteen
5.Billion Dollar Babies
6.Poison
7.Dirty Diamonds
8.Welcome To My Nightmare
9.Feed My Frankenstein
10.Ballad Of Dwight Fry
11.Killer (partial)
12.I Love The Dead (partial)
13.School's Out (with Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 excerpt)

Motley Crue came on about 30 minutes after and put on an epic show. Sure Vince was still his out-of-breath self, but he made up for it in crowd interaction and energy (though were one or two moments where he actually belted out a good scream reminiscent of their early days, but it only made me wishing he would sound like that all the time). TBH I enjoyed the rest of the show so much that I didn't even care about Vince's voice. The rest of the band were in top form though, Nikki and Tommy were both a ball of energy and Mick was melting my face the entire night. Tommy had a super cool neon LED drum kit that changed colors throughout the night, and also this was probably the only show at an amphitheater I've seen where you could feel the bass drum in your chest (sadly no drum solo because of the size of venue). Nikki announced to the audience that it was sold out, and my friends I gotta say, it definitely was. All the seats were definitely filled and you couldn't fit another person on that lawn (though they were still many people walking around and it still looked full). I know a guy who tried to buy tickets and said that they were sold out so I believe it. Since they sold the place out, they should have played Lakewood instead, bigger and better venue. Nice to be at show where it was sold out for the first time though. They ended it a cool way on the b-stage with Home Sweet Home. I would've preferred them switch MF and Without You with Piece Of Your Action and Red Hot, but in the end it didn't matter much to me. I hadn't seen all of the Crue classics performed live (they didn't play Smokin', Looks That Kill, Too Fast For Love, or Too Young To Fall In Love last time I saw them), so I was ok with this set. Glad I got to see On With The Show played live though. Favorite song of the night was Live Wire, I would never get tiring of hearing that song live.

Here's the set:
So Long, Farewell (Rodgers & Hammerstein song)
1.Saints Of Los Angelas
2.Wild Side
3.Primal Scream
4.Same 'Ol Situation (S.O.S)
5,Looks That Kill
6.On With The Show
7.Too Fast For Love
8.Smokin' In The Boys Room (with Gary Glitter's "Rock And Roll, Part 2" as beginning and end)
9.Without You
10.MF Of The Year
11.Anarchy In The U.K.
T.N.T. (Terror 'N Tinseltown)
12.Dr. Feelgood
In The Beginning
13.Shout At The Devil
14.Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
15.Guitar Solo
16.Live Wire
17.Too Young To Fall In Love
18.Girls, Girls, Girls
19.Kickstart My Heart
Encore:
20.Home Sweet Home (on the b-stage)
My Way (Frank Sinatra song)

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 08-18-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Festival Pole

So true: my friend only got in when someone on Alice's guest list heard her talking at the box office & offered to sell her a spare row EEE pit ticket! We had row BBB & that ended up being front row!? Had a blast & liked "Looks That Kill" best. Loved Nita & Roxie meeting everyone prior in the "Rock & Roll Parking Lot" event he puts on. The heat & vibration were overwhelming during some parts--can't wait to see them again INdoors, with the rollercoaster, in Oct because Tommy was so low key at this show, it's like he wasn't even there!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangrene View Post
So true: my friend only got in when someone on Alice's guest list heard her talking at the box office & offered to sell her a spare row EEE pit ticket! We had row BBB & that ended up being front row!? Had a blast & liked "Looks That Kill" best. Loved Nita & Roxie meeting everyone prior in the "Rock & Roll Parking Lot" event he puts on. The heat & vibration were overwhelming during some parts--can't wait to see them again INdoors, with the rollercoaster, in Oct because Tommy was so low key at this show, it's like he wasn't even there!
Would have loved to meet Nita & Roxie. We got there an hour early and the heat was about to kill us, but we got like third place in line so that was cool!

Tags
alice cooper, motley crue