Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Def Leppard -- Atlanta, GA -- June 28th, 2015
Melvins -- Boston, MA -- June 27th, 2015
Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience -- Las Vegas, NV -- June 27th, 2015
Mayhem Festival -- San Bernadino, CA -- June 27th, 2015
Slayer -- San Bernadino, CA -- June 27 th, 2015

  #31  
Old 08-05-2014, 02:12 PM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I grew up on Aquaman . Anyone else watch the old Justice League cartoon? Late 80s I think it was, maybe even earlier. The Legion of Doom's headquarters was fvkking legit
Hell yes. The Legion of Doom was badass. They would sit around that round table and plan their next world conquest.

I even watched the ones with the Wonder Twins and Marvin and Wendy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,020
My bad! It was the Super Friends, thats what it was! (i think....)
I remember that other one with the Wonder Twins, wasn't as good as the "main one", but still had its moments.... the brother sure had a terrible power though
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:08 PM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
My bad! It was the Super Friends, thats what it was! (i think....)
I remember that other one with the Wonder Twins, wasn't as good as the "main one", but still had its moments.... the brother sure had a terrible power though
It was the Superfriends, and the Wonder Twins were lame as hell. I don't really remember Marvin and Wendy too much, but I know they were even worse than the Wonder Twins.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,776
A Hulk film after Avengers 3 would be bizarre and make me sad. Civil War AFTER Fallen Son is completely illogical, though. Most of those films seem somewhat plausible, but the order is a bit screwy. Actually, Civil War won't happen because Thanos is the big bad for Avengers 3 since Ultron is the big bad for Avengers 2. Elements of Civil War will be strewn amongst phase 3 I think, with them all falling out, but as an actual film it won't happen, nor would it make a particularly good film compared to Avangers Vs. Thanos.

Also, Black Widow film. I can guarantee its on the cards somewhere and if its not, Marvel are in-CREDIBLY fucking dumb.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:27 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
A Hulk film after Avengers 3 would be bizarre and make me sad. Civil War AFTER Fallen Son is completely illogical, though. Most of those films seem somewhat plausible, but the order is a bit screwy. Actually, Civil War won't happen because Thanos is the big bad for Avengers 3 since Ultron is the big bad for Avengers 2. Elements of Civil War will be strewn amongst phase 3 I think, with them all falling out, but as an actual film it won't happen, nor would it make a particularly good film compared to Avangers Vs. Thanos.

Also, Black Widow film. I can guarantee its on the cards somewhere and if its not, Marvel are in-CREDIBLY fucking dumb.
Sure hope your wrong about Civil War. To me there's too much fan demand for it not to happen IMO.
__________________
6/28 - Def Leppard/Styx/Tesla
8/29 - Rick Springfield/Loverboy/The Romantics
8/30 - Motley Crue
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Sure hope your wrong about Civil War. To me there's too much fan demand for it not to happen IMO.
Fan demand? The 400 million plus every Marvel studios film makes says your 'fan demand' doesn't matter. Besides they have their story set-out, and have done since the start, why change it now?
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
BloodoftheKings's Avatar
BloodoftheKings BloodoftheKings is offline
Rats off to ya
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Strong Island
Posts: 5,997
I'm not sure planning this far ahead is a good idea. What if nobody gives a shit about superhero movies anymore in 10 years?
__________________
7/17 - Dälek
7/18 - Andrew Jackson Jihad
8/5 - Faith No More/Refused
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-06-2014, 04:12 AM
AnthG AnthG is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Sure hope your wrong about Civil War. To me there's too much fan demand for it not to happen IMO.
The vast majority of people seeing these movies are people who have never picked up a comic book in their lives (or whatever the digital equivalent is). I don't think Marvel and Disney give two shits what the vocal minority on the internet wants.
__________________
07/19 - Rise Against/Killswitch Engage
08/08 - Slipknot/Lamb of God
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Dextrimental's Avatar
Dextrimental Dextrimental is offline
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I'm not sure planning this far ahead is a good idea. What if nobody gives a shit about superhero movies anymore in 10 years?
Marvel's plan, as I see it, is to create the same reputation as Pixar but with comic book movies. Basically make it that the films go beyond a 'trend' and have people want to see them just because they're the one's making them. So far they're doing really well, but the test will be after Avengers 3. A trilogy of that magnitude will tire the market out, so they'll have to be smart for what they introduce after it to reinvigorate viewers.
__________________
Yesterday don't mean SHIT.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 AM
marker marker is offline
somebody somewhere
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Anaheim , CA
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodoftheKings View Post
I'm not sure planning this far ahead is a good idea. What if nobody gives a shit about superhero movies anymore in 10 years?
People will always care about these films.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008