Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Alice Cooper -- Gavle, Sweden -- July 4th, 2015
Alice Cooper -- Stockholm, Sweden -- July 3rd, 2015
King's X -- Sellersville, PA -- June 28th, 2015
Def Leppard -- Atlanta, GA -- June 28th, 2015
Melvins -- Boston, MA -- June 27th, 2015

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Movies

Old 05-01-2015, 12:10 AM
So either make a change or shut the fuck up about it already.

Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron Discussion

Sold out premiere show IMAX 3D.

Packed as hell theater every showing was sold out, peeps were ready.

Movie was awesome just pure fun, strong characters, twists and a good villain.

The crowd ate it up, clapped and laughed and just had a blast. Including for the Star Wars and Batman vs Superman trailers. Im hyped fr both now. I shouted "IN JJ WE TRUST" after Star Wars trailer my gf hit me and peeps laughed. "You're Welcome!"

SPOILERS WILL FOLLOW IN GREY
Id give it a 9/10
+Ultron was a badass.
+CAP was cool
+Funnier than the first!
+CAP vs Ironman story
+Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were nice characters and had dope powers.
+Vision was made by Ultron(comics it was similar)
+Black Panther tease with Claw

+Hulk fucking Buster vs Hulk was epic tits
+Thanos with the gauntlet baby!
-...however his dialogue in Avengers 1 was way more badass

- The wrong peep was done dirty
- Hulk and Black Widow love interest o.O
-Dragged a tad in the middle

Overall great film must watch in theaters with a lively crowd. Def will watch again loved it way more than the First Avengers prob cuz I read comics now who knows it was was awesomesauce!!
Old 05-01-2015, 12:38 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Def will watch again loved it way more than the First Avengers prob cuz I read comics now who knows it was was awesomesauce!!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm in the same boat with you that I read comics now since the first Avengers film but it is a double edged sword for me, since I've become more picky comparing the movies/shows to the source material.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenpriest View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm in the same boat with you that I read comics now since the first Avengers film but it is a double edged sword for me, since I've become more picky comparing the movies/shows to the source material.
Haha I feel you just depends cuz ya know Superheroes have to be done somewhat realistically or else in film it would be all CGI
Old 05-02-2015, 04:28 PM
N00B

Watched it this morning. Loved it. Picked a 10:30 am showing as I knew there would be less people. The theater was just over half full. It was nice.

Liked it a lot. Definitely more than the first, although the first one moves through the story a bit better. Some stuff in this one was glossed over or just made a quick mention of. Not to say it was a hard movie to follow, but some plot points are just given a quick throaway line. I don't know. It's a stupid complaint I guess.

Speaing of stuff being glossed over:

- I don't like how they didn't explain how Stark is able to use the Iron Man suit after he had the surgery to get rid of the shrapnel in his heart and all that at the end of Iron Man 3. A friend of mine said in the comics he uses the Extremis to power it, but they don't mention that here. At all.

- Quicksilver was very underwritten and not used very much. Also, I understand they have to change the backstory of him and Scarlet Witch since they can't mention they're mutants or Magneto's kids, but did they really have to say that their parents were killed when they were kids. Also, does anyone know if the studio politics is the reason they didn't say their names? Also kind of sucks that they killed him. Even though this movie was better, X-men and Fox did Quicksilver's character much better. Even though he was in that movie for like 5 minutes as well.

- Speaking of which, Scarlet Witch was badass. And her not-great-but-not-terrible Eastern European accent made her hotter. I don't know why, it just did.

- I like how they utilized the supporting characters from the solo films, like Rhodes and Falcon, a lot more, and even had Thor's flashback with Heimdall in it and him seeing Erik Selvig (I know he was in the first one but still). One of my minor compliants of the MCU is how even though they all take place in the same universe, everything is still very separate in regards to the characters stories and what not, and the team-up in Avengers was treated somewhat of a stand-alone despite still referencing events. It just kind of felt more disconnected to me. But I liked the idea of using the supporting character and actually picking up from the mid-credits scene in Winter Soldier involving Strucker, and QuickSilver & Scarlet Witch. Though it would have been cool if they didn't gloss over the development of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

That being said, it would have been cool, and made sense plot wise, to use Falcon in the final battle. Since he can fly and all. But probably would have cluttered up the scene too much, too many cooks and all. Glad he's part of the new Avengers team now.

- Despite me saying the story moved a bit better in terms of explaining things in the first one (granted I've seen that film like 5 or 6 times now which probably makes it easier to pick up and stuff you missed), the main reason I liked this one much more was because of how it gets right into it from the start, and it doesn't ever seem to stall or flow poorly. As good as Avengers 1 is, the first 30-40 minutes REALLY takes time to get going. There's a lot of exposition to set stuff up, granted, but it just felt so boring at times, especially on re-watches. This one just got right into it. Packed a lot of punch right away and I was never not entertained. And the action scenes were far more entertaining.

- INFINITY WARS!!

- Thought they would set the Civil War storyline up a bit more, and they kind of did with the tensions between Stark and Cap, but then they're all buddy buddy again at the end of the movie. Then again Stark left the team so that alone sets it up I guess.

EDIT: So apparently some of the stuff with Strucker that I feel they glossed over is explained in Agents of Shield. Which is lame, because i don't watch Agents of Shield. I've been flirting with watching it, but I don't feel like getting caught up on 2+ seasons of backstory. I'm only 5 episodes in through Daredevil. Not to mention the Agent Carter stuff. Man there's too much shit to keep track of.

Last edited by AnthG; 05-02-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Smoke Satan, Worship Crack

I just saw it in 3D Imax and it was great! I loved the humor! Yeah, I seriously thought the beginning would be different. I was waiting for them to go back and explain why Stark got back into the suit after how IM3 ended. It was interesting to not have Pepper in the movie.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Tell me, do you bleed? You will.

Saw it in DBox 3D yesterday, was an excellent movie! My only complaint is that some parts of the movie felt under developed and rushed. Ultron also could have been a little more aggressive and crazy, but they still did a good job with him.

With the supposed extended cut I keep hearing about, hopefully more of the rushed parts of the movie get more fleshed out.
8/8 - Slipknot
10/1 - Ghost
11/21 - King Crimson
Old 05-03-2015, 04:44 PM
That Guy

Literally just sat down from seeing it at a Marcus Ultrascreen in 3D (Dreamlunger seating is AMAZING< I CAN"T GO BACK TO STANDARD SEATING!)

I wanna go into detail about it, but don't wanna spoil it, not use silver font (maybe I will later) so I'll just say that it was a fun, fun movie.

Also Hawkeye really is the Aquaman of the Avengers.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:15 PM

Anyone going for multiple viewings?

Hoping to rewatch this weekend to see if I missed anything.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 PM
That Guy

I'd only go if I had any friends that would wanna go watch it with me. I thought I had caught everything in the first one, but then after seeing it 2 more times I realized I missed a ton of things.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoftheHammer View Post
Saw it in DBox 3D yesterday, was an excellent movie! My only complaint is that some parts of the movie felt under developed and rushed. Ultron also could have been a little more aggressive and crazy, but they still did a good job with him.

With the supposed extended cut I keep hearing about, hopefully more of the rushed parts of the movie get more fleshed out.
All of this, except maybe for the word "excellent", which I would replace with "overall pretty satisfying".

The fight scenes were bonkers, though. Almost too amped up - kinda like in the Transformers films.