Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-31-2014, 01:40 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

Cannibal Corpse -- South Burlington, VT -- July 28th, 2014

Cannibal Corpse
July 28, 2014
Higher Ground
South Burlington, VT

Talk about a brutal ass set of back-to-back Monday shows. Devourment last Monday and Cannibal Corpse this Monday. This was a literal last minute decision. I worked 7A-7P Monday, and had to do the same Tuesday. It's about an hour drive to Burlington, which puts me back home around 1ish or so. Around 645 at work, I said "Fuggit. I'm goin". Hustled home, changed, and headed over. Higher Ground is actually a nice venue. I'd say it holds around 800. It's nice inside and the PA is decent. But I LOATHE the place. I DETEST the place, I ABHORE the place. Staff is rude, beer is overpriced, and they're so anti-filming it's ridiculous. I'd never dream of trying to stealth with my legit camcorder in that place. Bouncers beat the shit of people (gang style, none of them are man enough to take someone on themselves), and lastly, their pat downs are ridiculous. I'm a police officer, and their pat downs are seriously more hardcore than my department's weapons pat downs. They're almost as detailed as our arrest searches. It's just ridiculous. Over the top to the extreme. But anyway.............

I arrived just before Suicide Silence came on. Not a fan, but they weren't bad. I really think Eddie should have stuck with All Shall Perish (but $ talks, ya know), as his style doesn't fit w/ Suicide Silence IMO. Don't know the setlist, but I'm fairly sure it's the same 9 song set they've been playing on Mayhem. Crowd was into them. 6/10

Cannibal Corpse was Cannibal Corpse. They're always tight, Corpsegrinder always sounds great live, and you can tell the band still loves to play live after all these years. We talked about their set getting a little stale over the past 5 years, and it certainly has. BUT, they threw in some suprises tonight. This was my 6th time seeing them, and they played 5 tunes I had never seen them play before (Addicted, Experiment, Disposal [one of my all time favorite CC tunes], Dormant, and Decency Defied). They played 16 songs, down from their usual 20 for a headlining set. Seems like that's the norm though, for bands to play a shorter headlining off-date when they're one a package/festival tour. CC was excellent as always. Have yet to be disappointed. I filmed w/ my lame ass Panasonic Lumix, as I'd never try to stealth a legit camcorder. That thing does awful in low light, so the vids suck. 8.5/10

Unleashing the Bloodthirsty (best opener IMO)
A Skull Full of Maggots
Addicted to Vaginal Skin
An Experiment in Homicide
Sentenced to Burn
Gutted
Scourge of Iron
Demented Aggression
Evisceration Plague
Dormant Bodies Bursting
Disposal of the Body
Decency Defied
I Cum Blood
Make them Suffer
Hammer Smashed Face
Stripped, Raped and Strangled

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)

Last edited by hellawaits77ny; 07-31-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:01 PM
That Guy

I'd be very happy with that set.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I'd be very happy with that set.
I definitely was. I just think it's a little stale.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Cannibal is one of those bands that has so much freedom to do whatever they want in sets. Besides Hammer Smashed Face and Stripped, Raped, and Strangled, they have no "must-plays". I'm actually surprised given how intense Alex and Pat are that they aren't open to playing a lot more different songs.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM
7 Holy Paths To Hell And Your Trip Begins...

so you're a police officer ! wow !

great review, and on a side note, I respect everybody who likes CC, all tastes are in nature, I know there are a lot of you here, but for me it's just absolutely horrible, can't even listen to a full song...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
Old 07-31-2014, 04:48 PM
" Amps on Ten, Ears are Bleeding "

I was at the Lich King show at Nectar's. HG has it's issues, but there are more fucked places out there. Usually the security is too lax. Last time Cannibal played HG they took out a guy on a stretcher.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMaiden View Post

great review, and on a side note, I respect everybody who likes CC, all tastes are in nature, I know there are a lot of you here, but for me it's just absolutely horrible, can't even listen to a full song...

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
No worries man. I like people like you. You respect people who musical styles you don't. Doesn't happen much in the metal community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post
I was at the Lich King show at Nectar's. HG has it's issues, but there are more fucked places out there. Usually the security is too lax. Last time Cannibal played HG they took out a guy on a stretcher.
Wow, no shit. Yeah there are definitely worse places. It's a nice place to see a show, it just seems at the shows I've been to there the security is way too hardcore. I'll say that Northern Lights in Clifton Park is the worst for security. I've seen bouncers there hurt people. Like kicking and punching a person when they're down. No need for that.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:22 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsip View Post

How was the Lich?

Tags
cannibal corpse