Otherwise -- Sturtevant, WI -- September 19th, 2014
Eluveitie -- Baltimore, MD -- September 19th, 2014
Riot Fest -- Denver, CO -- September 19th, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- September 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 07-25-2014, 10:06 AM
N00B

Nine Inch Nails -- Tinley Park, IL -- July 24th, 2014

This was a show I had been waiting to see for a long time. I went with a family friend. Unfortunately, we missed opening DJ act Oneohtrix Point Never who I was kind of looking forward to seeing due to traffic down I-294 South but we made it to our seats just in time for Soundgarden...

Soundgarden (7:40-9:04)-
Searching With My Good Eye Closed
Spoonman
Rowing
Outshined
Black Hole Sun
Jesus Christ Pose
The Day I Tried To Live
My Wave
Superunknown
Fell On Black Days
A Thousand Days Before
Burden In My Hand
Rusty Cage
Beyond The Wheel

^ This was my 2nd time seeing Soundgarden, the first time being on the King Animal tour in Milwaukee in February 2013. The highlight of their set for me was that they played "Burden In My Hand", one of my favorite songs by them that they didn't play the first time I saw them. I was kind of surprised that they didn't play "Blow Up The Outside World" but they played it the first time I saw them, so it wasn't a big deal. Chris Cornell still has an amazing voice for 50 and the notes he still hits on songs like 'Jesus Christ Pose" and "Beyond The Wheel" are incredible to say the least.

Nine Inch Nails (9:31-10:59)-
Copy Of A
Sanctified
Came Back Haunted
March Of The Pigs
Piggy
Terrible Lie
Closer
Gave Up
Me, I'm Not
Find My Way
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
Only
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

ENCORE:
Hurt

^ Nine Inch Nails were a band that I've wanted to see for a long time and they didn't disappoint. Trent just walked onstage without the lights dimming and launched right into the intro of "Copy Of A". Each member during that song came out one by one (a Talking Heads homage) and the lights eventually dimmed mid-song. They played a more electronic reworked version of "Sanctified" which was decent, although I kind of missed the bass line in the middle. "The Great Destroyer" was much better live than the Year Zero studio version, in which all the other members of Nine Inch Nails besides Trent left the stage near the end of the song, leaving Trent to play a very cool keyboard breakdown jam. I was surprised they didn't play anything off The Fragile, but beggars can't be choosers. Trent said during the show that this would be the last time they would be in Chicago for a long while so I'm just glad that I finally got to see them live!

Tags
nine inch nails, soundgarden