Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 07-21-2014, 03:13 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Wow. So I saw this and I had to share. Helmet has been doing a few random Betty 20th anniversary shows at this might be the best Helmet set ever (god I hope this set is accurate). I know they were doing Betty and then another set too. This is flawless IMO.

Wilma's Rainbow
I Know
Biscuits for Smut
Milquetoast
Tic
Rollo
Street Crab
Clean
Vaccination
Beautiful Love
Speechless
The Silver Hawaiian
Overrated
Sam Hell (1st time played)

{Out of Order}
Bad Mood
Blacktop
Renovation
Pure
It's Easy to Get Bored
Birth Defect
Exactly What You Wanted
Better
----------
In the Meantime
Unsung
Old 07-21-2014, 03:29 PM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

I know they won't be doing this on their tour with Filter (since they aren't headlining) but it's really cool to see them giving Betty it's due. One of my favorite albums of all-time! Sam Hell live has to be great!

Awesome set overall and yes, definitely the best Helmet set I've ever seen
Old 07-21-2014, 03:39 PM
That Guy

It's a good set, but the lack of ANYTHING off Size Matters sucks. That's my favorite Helmet album.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
It's a good set, but the lack of ANYTHING off Size Matters sucks. That's my favorite Helmet album.
Really? When hearing others discuss favorite albums SM is never one I heard. It's probably my 2nd least favorite Helmet album (Monochrome is the least favorite). It's basically a bunch of tracks that were either Ghandi or solo tracks that they basically decided to slap Helmet on and call an album. But even w/ that it still has 5 or 6 songs I like. It just feels top heavy w/ a lot of good tracks towards first half and 2nd half is weaker. But even Helmet albums I like less are albums I'll still enjoy more than most. I am in no means making fun of you're liking of SM at all.

The touring band would've been sick. Page, Chris Traynor, John Tempesta & Frankie Bello. I think that tiny bit of triva gets forgotten that in '04 Frankie actually quit Anthrax for Helmet (even though there were a lot of questions in the Anthrax camp at that time).
Old 07-21-2014, 06:31 PM
slave to the grind

Damn, this really is an awesome setlist! Probably the best they've done since they initially toured for Betty!
9/30-Sham 69
10/4-Colonelfest IV
10/18-Neurosis
Old 07-21-2014, 06:34 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
Really? When hearing others discuss favorite albums SM is never one I heard. It's probably my 2nd least favorite Helmet album (Monochrome is the least favorite). It's basically a bunch of tracks that were either Ghandi or solo tracks that they basically decided to slap Helmet on and call an album. But even w/ that it still has 5 or 6 songs I like. It just feels top heavy w/ a lot of good tracks towards first half and 2nd half is weaker. But even Helmet albums I like less are albums I'll still enjoy more than most. I am in no means making fun of you're liking of SM at all.

The touring band would've been sick. Page, Chris Traynor, John Tempesta & Frankie Bello. I think that tiny bit of triva gets forgotten that in '04 Frankie actually quit Anthrax for Helmet (even though there were a lot of questions in the Anthrax camp at that time).
It's the album that got me into the band, so it's always going to be a favorite of mine. I just wish there could have been at least one song off of it on a set this fantastic.

Yeah, that lineup would have been amazing to see.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 AM
PC Load Letter? What the fuck does that mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
Yeah, that lineup would have been amazing to see.
My first Helmet show was that lineup actually. I like Size Matters, not their best, but not bad by any means.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:25 PM
N00B

Yeah I saw this recently as well. I think it may have been a one off gig since it stated first time ever live for Sam Hell. I know they're doing the Betty anniversary tour in Europe in the fall playing all of Betty and then more, just like the Viper Room show. Would be damn SWEET to see that show. I am thinking that we'll get a pretty good dose of Betty here in Jax next Tuesday night as they ramp up for that tour. The one setlist I've seen of theirs on this tour to date consisted of 14 songs total, 6 of which were from Betty. 5 of the last 6 songs in fact. I just hope they at least play I Know.

Tags
helmet