Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

The Story So Far -- Lawrence, KS -- September 30th, 2014
Coheed and Cambria -- Boston, MA -- September 28th, 2014
Vixen -- Madrid, Spain -- September 27th, 2014
Crowbar -- Vancouver, British Columbia -- September 28th, 2014
Saviours -- San Francisco, CA -- September 27th, 2014

Old 07-19-2014, 10:38 PM
Give Me A Dollar or Give Me Fifty Cents!

Yes -- Upper Darby, PA -- July 19th, 2014

This was my third time seeing Yes in 3 months. The last 2 times I saw them they did the 3 albums Going For The One, Close To The Edge, and The Yes Album. Those 2 shows were amazing. This time around they are doing Close To The Edge again, as well as Fragile and a few new tunes and an encore of a couple hits. Wow! How many bands can do that much in one show? And how many bands with members in their 60's can do that?

I got to the Tower Theater and found my 3rd row seat just minutes before opening band Syd Arthur took the stage. They weren't terrible but also not very memorable. I can't remember one thing about them except that all of their songs kind of sounded alike. I didn't hate them. They were just there.

After a 30 minute changeover Yes took the stage at 9pm. Last time I saw them I was 2nd row in front of Steve Howe. This time I was 3rd row in front of Chris Squire. He is just a beast! Amazing bass player. Several times we made eye contact and he smiled at me. The entire band was just on fire. And the sold out crowd loved every second of the 2 plus hour show.

They kicked off the show by performing the Close To The Edge record in reverse order. Then they did 2 new tunes which sounded great! (Their new record comes out this Tuesday) And then they kicked into the Fragile album. Hearing songs like South Side Of The Sky and Heart Of The Sunrise live for the first time was mind-blowing! And then after the Fragile album they came back for an encore of I've Seen All Good People and a freaking amazing version of Starship Trooper.

What a show! I hope they come around near me later this year so I can make it 4 times this year. These guys are on a roll. Go see them if you get a chance! Peace!

Set list:

(Close To The Edge...backwards)
1. Siberian Khatru
2. And You And I
3. Close To The Edge

(Songs from the new album Heaven And Earth)
4. To Ascend
5. The Game

(Fragile)
6. Roundabout
7. Cans And Brahms
8. We Have Heaven
9. South Side Of The Sky
10. Five Per Cent For Nothing
11. Long Distance Runaround
12. The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus)
13. Mood For A Day
14. Heart Of The Sunrise