Samhain -- Los Angeles, CA -- September 19th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- September 19th, 2014
DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland -- September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

KISS is my all time favorite band and the setlist is cool but not good by any means.

Still I'll be there though.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
KISS is my all time favorite band and the setlist is cool but not good by any means.

Still I'll be there though.
You gotta admit it's almost the best they could give us for a co-headline set like this. But the songs I mentioned before, especially God Gave Rock & Roll To You, will definitely be missed by me.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I called it!

And as to the DL thing, when I saw them last time they actually pulled through. Gods Of War, Women, It's All About Believin', and that whole acoustic medley thing they did were all great things to see. If they were really worried about the crowd not responding to stuff they don't know, then they wouldn't have used Undefeated as the opener for two years. They just need to headline their own tour again so they HAVE to play something besides the hits with a smaller band like Night Ranger, Winger, etc. and so does KISS for that matter. But KISS has proved here that you don't only have to play the hits, contrary to what Mr. Elliot believes. I mean DL don't even play ALL their hits. "Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad", "Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)", "Make Love Like A Man", and "Too Late For Love" were all either big rock hits or pop hits and they don't ever play them. Even here I hear "Rock Rock (Till You Drop)" on the radio all the time. Sacrificing one hit for a really cool deep cut like Gods Of War, Stagefright, Mirror Mirror, Die Hard The Hunter, etc. would be enough for me but nooooo, you gotta play every single one of your hits for the zillionth time. I'm gonna still enjoy the show because what they lack in song choice they somewhat make up for in the actual show. Just wish more bands would take from Bon Jovi's handbook of set choice.....
I tend to agree with S78 about DL not adding many deep cuts. They did one in Let It Go, wasn't expecting more than one.
All bands have 'hits', but Def Leppard hits are really huge hits, and there is so many of them. I mean compare the Kiss hits to the ones Def Leppard has, not even close as far as how many and how much airplay they get. And the ones you listed are not that big of hits.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
I tend to agree with S78 about DL not adding many deep cuts. They did one in Let It Go, wasn't expecting more than one.
All bands have 'hits', but Def Leppard hits are really huge hits, and there is so many of them. I mean compare the Kiss hits to the ones Def Leppard has, not even close as far as how many and how much airplay they get. And the ones you listed are not that big of hits.
True, but still. KISS doesn't even play there biggest hits though, Beth, Forever, Hard Luck Woman, and I Was Made For Lovin' You.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 AM
N00B

Pleasantly surprised with that set. Gonna skip this tour, but hopefully KISS do a headline tour down the line with that same set, plus more.
11/1 - Suffocation
11/30 - Slipknot
12/21 - Opeth
Old 06-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignoftheHammer View Post
Gonna skip this tour, but hopefully KISS do a headline tour down the line with that same set, plus more.
At this point, I don't think KISS will ever do another tour in the U.S. without a co-headliner. They simply can't draw without one, and they'll never bite the bullet and scale back to smaller venues.

10/30 - King Diamond
12/08 - Opeth / In Flames / Red Fang
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
True, but still. KISS doesn't even play there biggest hits though, Beth, Forever, Hard Luck Woman, and I Was Made For Lovin' You.
Detroit Rock City and RARAN are their biggest hits, that's why they always have them in the set. Anything left is much less popular than most Leppard hits. It's much easier for Kiss to tweek their set and not piss off the mainstream fucks.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
Detroit Rock City and RARAN are their biggest hits, that's why they always have them in the set. Anything left is much less popular than most Leppard hits. It's much easier for Kiss to tweek their set and not piss off the mainstream fucks.
I was mainly talking about top 40 hits, Rock City isn't one, and the other four I mentioned are all top 20.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:31 AM
That Guy

Quote:
I was mainly talking about top 40 hits, Rock City isn't one, and the other four I mentioned are all top 20.
And Beth is their only Top 10

Fucked up world isn't it?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:41 AM
somebody somewhere

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't use the word 'hit' then. The 2 Kiss songs I mentioned are their most popular songs. So what if Beth was a hit in 76' or I Was Made For Loving you was in 79'?
How often do those get played on rock radio now? I just hope you get the point. Def Leppard has like 10 songs that still get played on the radio often.

Tags
def leppard, kiss