Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

If Slipknot decide to do an arena tour o Europe with this, I'd go. I like Mudvayne and new Muchroomhead is pretty good as far as that tactless nu metal goes. That said, there'd need to be good money in it for Hellyeah to not do it. Gwar would also be hella fun.

That said, as previously stated, this is an obvious attempt to cash in on past glories for each band.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:04 AM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Mudvayne always had a good song or two on their albums, but overall just meh. I remember getting LD50 after hearing Dig on MTV2 and was SO STOKED. I was let down very much

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearCampaign View Post
Haha. Mudvayne. I had a Mudvayne shirt in high school in 2001. Holy shit, what was I thinking?? (I was also a fat, angsty teenage douche at the time)

So I guess there is hope for the kids listening to shitty deathcore now. I just needed someone to give me a 'metal intervention' in college to point me in the right direction.
Lol gotta love IMNs who are all "You know, I used to listen to this music BUT NOT ANYMORE I SWEAR!!! I'M TOTALLY LEGIT NOW!!"
Old 06-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Music? Yeah... it's my life.

The only good thing about Mudvayne is Ryan Martinie
5/1-3 Beale St Music Festival
Old 06-18-2014, 12:40 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Lol gotta love IMNs who are all "You know, I used to listen to this music BUT NOT ANYMORE I SWEAR!!! I'M TOTALLY LEGIT NOW!!"
Are you calling me a metal hipster b/c I realized Mudvayne was shit 10+ years ago when I was introduced to far superior music?

I'm not trying to claim legitimacy, I was actually owning up to being a dumb kid with bad taste.
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:50 PM
N00B

It's just a trend i've noticed on any metal related website, whenever any numetal band is brought up there's always a crop of people who feel the need to go out of their way to say that even though they used to listen to bands like Mudvayne, Slipknot, Korn, etc. they don't anymore because the heavier and more "legit" music they heard immediately made them dislike the stuff they liked before. Like it's some sort of on/off switch where overnight you go from "I like this band so much that I own their tshirt" to "I heard a Carcass song yesterday and now I can't fucking stand any of these other bands".

Plus, are you saying the reason you moved on in musical taste is because you heard more "superior" music and that you'd still be listening to bands like Mudvayne if you weren't introduced to other metal in college?
Old 06-18-2014, 12:54 PM
somebody somewhere

I think we all listened to music when we were younger that we wouldn't listen to now.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:55 PM
That Guy

This is why I don't follow trends, because no matter what side you are on, you're wrong.

Some people grow out of what they listen to as a kid, nothing wrong with that. Some people keep listening to what they do as a kid, nothing wrong with that.

It's been happening to me a lot this year where people think I suck at what I do because I like a lot of albums that have come out this year (Anathema, Triptykon, Mastodon, etc) that others feel suck, so I must suck as well.

It's all fucking annoying.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:05 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker View Post
I think we all listened to music when we were younger that we wouldn't listen to now.
Absolutely, i'm one of those people. But I think I would grown out of those bands as time went on regardless of what else I picked up along the way.

It's just more the way the change in taste is presented and what the circumstances are that come off as somewhat elitist.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 PM
...the dead are among us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Plus, are you saying the reason you moved on in musical taste is because you heard more "superior" music and that you'd still be listening to bands like Mudvayne if you weren't introduced to other metal in college?
Not so much. I probably would have moved off of metal altogether, as it seems many people do as they grow up. I'm the only one left of my high-school concert going friends that still listens to metal and also the only one that moved onto other metal after being into nu-metal.

And for me it wasn't a flip of a switch. I slowly phased out certain bands in favor of better things, but I still regularly listen to Tool, Deftones, System of a Down, Fear Factory and other nu-metal-ish bands that I enjoyed from back then that I feel stands the test of time.
2/8 - Aesop Rock ?