Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014
It Lies Within -- Flint, MI -- December 21st, 2014
Pig Destroyer -- Philadelphia, PA -- December 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 05-31-2014, 07:33 PM
When your grabbing ass with your friends...

Ministry's 3rd "Final" Tour Coming Soon

Link

The newly sober Al Jourgensen has announced that Ministry will be touring globally in support of their final album “From Beer To Eternity“. That album will remain the bands last however. It of course represents the bands final recordings with guitarist Mike Scaccia, who passed away back in December of 2012. Scaccia‘s replacement has yet to be revealed for the touring, though Jourgensen insists the person is well-known. Here’s what he had to say:

“Yup you heard right…will be touring the FBTE album….the set will be FBTE in it’s exact order…and a few oldies for an encore…and it just won’t be America and Europe this time….we’ll see ya down under as well as Mexico South America and Japan…so start rounding up every fucking Amish teen you can find and bring em to the shows…..I will exact my revenge on those bastards….I’m still puking from their toxic “wood milk ” shit…….yuk!…if there was ever a reason to tour this is it….oh btw…it’s a secret for now…but I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of the dude that’ll take Mikey’s place……ok that’s it….so let it be written …so let it be done….
P.S. still not a chance in hell there will be another Ministry album…..will be doing some side stuff though when I get my ass to LA…..Mikey’s last words to me were….FBTE could not be topped …so why bother MINISTRY RECORDINGS ARE DONE !!!! Carve that shit on a stone tablet!”

I liked but not loved FBTE. But one more shot to possibly see Ministry would be great. Wonder when their next "final" album will be?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 PM
with his arms outstretched

Fuck Al Jourgensen.

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2
Old 05-31-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Fuck Al Jourgensen.
So how do you really feel? Hatred from that badly handled C u LaTour or other?
Old 05-31-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
So how do you really feel? Hatred from that badly handled C u LaTour or other?
Burned bad by the C U LaTour, really disappointed in the fact they reunited (what?) three years later, not going to be fooled again. This won't be his last tour as Ministry and there will probably be another album.

But no matter what; Fuck. Al. Jourgensen.

07/06 -- U2
Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 PM
N00B

Eh I only saw them once in 2003, Id go
Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Burned bad by the C U LaTour, really disappointed in the fact they reunited (what?) three years later, not going to be fooled again. This won't be his last tour as Ministry and there will probably be another album.

But no matter what; Fuck. Al. Jourgensen.
I get being pissed about C U LaTour. It was pretty shitty. There are still a lot of people who still aren't over that yet, which I totally get.

The way I have always looked at band "retirements" in the same way as wrestling retirements. I don't care if somebody says this is their last album/tour, I never wanted them to retire to begin with. If retirement is a gimmick to make more music or more tours then so be it. Unless it's health reasons I don't find such a thing as retirement in music. Such a tiny % of people follow through when they claim to retire.

Retirement is no more a gimmick to me than GWAR or Alice Cooper, just in a different way.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300%_Density View Post
I get being pissed about C U LaTour. It was pretty shitty. There are still a lot of people who still aren't over that yet, which I totally get.

The way I have always looked at band "retirements" in the same way as wrestling retirements. I don't care if somebody says this is their last album/tour, I never wanted them to retire to begin with. If retirement is a gimmick to make more music or more tours then so be it. Unless it's health reasons I don't find such a thing as retirement in music. Such a tiny % of people follow through when they claim to retire.

Retirement is no more a gimmick to me than GWAR or Alice Cooper, just in a different way.
Yup, you're right. But I got SO BADLY BURNED on that C U LaTour that I can't ever forgive him. That was such a shitty setlist. Actually it wasn't, but it was such a LIE!

For the guy who hasn't seen them since 2003, be forewarned: stick with that show as being you lasting memory of Ministry live.

Fuck that C U LaTour was bad. At least he's giving some forewarning to people this time not to expect anything much.

07/06 -- U2
Old 05-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Maybe the VIP package will be Al blowing you behind the venue.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:23 PM
N00B

Quote:
Yup, you're right. But I got SO BADLY BURNED on that C U LaTour that I can't ever forgive him. That was such a shitty setlist. Actually it wasn't, but it was such a LIE!

For the guy who hasn't seen them since 2003, be forewarned: stick with that show as being you lasting memory of Ministry live.

Fuck that C U LaTour was bad. At least he's giving some forewarning to people this time not to expect anything much.
What exactly went down?

Also, is anyone surprised by this?
Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlamesOfBirchmen View Post
What exactly went down?

Also, is anyone surprised by this?
Promised:

All encompassing 2 hour + set w/ songs from their entire discography w/ special guests.

Reality:

Maybe 70-80 minute set. Set was few songs from Bush trilogy. NWO, Thieves, Just One Fix & then finished off w/ 3 songs from Under Cover. Special guest was Burton from Fear Factory singing ALL the encores (didn't Dino show up at some point too?)

That was it.