Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014
Rhapsody of Fire -- Cd. Obregon, Mex -- August 24th, 2014
Sleep -- Boston, MA -- August 24th, 2014
Alice in Chains -- Rama, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Bane -- Chicago, IL -- May 27th, 2014

Show was sold out well in advance for Bane / Turnstile / Take Offense.

Show also got switched venues for some reason to a venue that does all the hardcore shows so doors got pushed back as well.

Take Offense opened and were great. More of a thrashy hardcore band similar to Cruel Hand. No set though. They played for 30 minutes.

Turnstile were next. Featuring the drummer of Trapped Under Ice on vocals Turnstile is by far the biggest new band to hit hxc. This was their first time in Chicago and while the band was setting up and tuning people starting stagediving. Eventually so many people were doing it the soundguy just told them to start whenever since we were already to go haha. Turnstile had no stop diving with pretty much everyone doing flips from the stage. their merch guy was doing front and back flips and twists so watching it all was awesome. tons of two stepping as well. Their bassist did a front flip onto the crowd with still playing his bass that was plugged in. They were fucking fantastic. I had so many people diving on me. My arm is all bruised from it as well, by the end of their set it had bruised up

Turnstile set (incomplete) :

Keep It Moving
Step 2 Rhythm
The Dream
New Rules
Pressure To Succeed
Pushing Me Away
The Things You Do
Heavy Hand
Death Grip

Next were the legends themselves in Bane. While the pit was almost nonexistent for most of their set everyone piled up front for nonstop dog piling and singing along. Tons of divers too as during the last song there was just so many people on stage and jumping that it was hard to keep track of. Bane said they have a few more US tours to do if everything works out before they call it quits after next year. They talked alot and you can tell they really care about the scene, the fans, and hardcore. During some songs the band would stop playing while the crowd sang, we were singing so loud it was almost deafening.

Bane set (incomplete and out of order) :

Speechless
My Therapy
new song
new song
new song
Ali Vs Frazier 1
Some Came Running
Woulda,Coulda, Shoulda
Ante Up
Count Me Out
Swan Song

Banes singer went right off stage outside and went across the street to just sit and collect himself afterwards. While waiting for a cab I spoke to him. Insanely nice guy who loves to just talk to you. Extremely sincere as well. We spoke about how I saw Bane on the Bane / Terror tour a few years ago and he spoke about how he remembered the show and venue because Scott Vogel threw a huge fit almost on stage if no one was allowed to stagedive. He also spoke of how nervous they were booking a show here hoping that they would be allowed to have fans stagedive and come up and sing along. He talked about how nice the venue was and just how nice it was to speak to me and be able to talk and enjoy ourselves. I also told him about how for over a year hardcore was pretty much banned from most venues and we spoke about how tough that is when no one will book the bands that not only wants to see but also banning bands from touring because of stuff like that. he was honestly one of the most sincere humble men I've met.

Overall it was a amazing show.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm reaching out for something else.

Sounds like a fun show. Short sets but that's pretty typical for hardcore bands.
Tough Mudder-10/26
Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDoomsayerX View Post
Sounds like a fun show. Short sets but that's pretty typical for hardcore bands.
Take Offense and Turnstile both did 30 minutes and Bane did about an hour.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Crucial Mosh Achieved

Bane not playing Can We Start Again? What?
Old 05-28-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ommie View Post
Bane not playing Can We Start Again? What?
No they played it and it had the loudest sing along of the night. Forgot to add it since i wrote the review / set half asleep
Old 05-30-2014, 01:47 PM
"I call it torture you call it life. A slave to money and everything I despise"

Glad you had a good time, Bane is a lot of fun live. Then they played Can We Start Again last time I saw them at least 20 people were up o the tiny stage singing along, loved it.
9/20 Doom
9/27 GBH
10/21 Dead Congregation
10/26 Pallbearer
Old 06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
The best part of waking up, is Satan in your cup

I would kill for this tour. I saw Take Offense lst year with Downpresser and Bitter End on my birthday Haven't had the chance to see Turnstile or Bane yet

Tags
bane, take offense, turnstile