Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21st, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 06-03-2014, 10:35 AM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
I'm curious what Whiskey of the Jar was up against if it was vote of the day.
Here's the final tally for Vote of the Day:

Whiskey in the Jar = 2,373
Creeping Death = 2,367
Harvester of Sorrow = 2,283

07/25 - Anthrax / Living Colour
07/31 - Chicago / REO Speedwagon
08/14 - Paul McCartney
10/30 - King Diamond
Old 06-03-2014, 12:39 PM
N00B

IT BEAT OUT CREEPING DEATH AND HARVESTER OF SORROW? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Look, I understand both of those songs are more or less staples in Metallica's set, especially Creeping Death, but they're still far superior songs. And fuck, Whiskey only won by 7 votes.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:43 PM
I am not a N00B, I am a free man!

I love Whiskey in the Jar, and I've never seen them play it. I've seen them play Harvester of Sorrow a number of times, and it's rare that they don't play Creeping Death, so I'd have been really happy to get Whiskey in the Jar.

07/25 - Anthrax / Living Colour
07/31 - Chicago / REO Speedwagon
08/14 - Paul McCartney
10/30 - King Diamond
Old 06-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

There is a guy on Youtube who takes live recordings and changes the tuning, in this case for Frayed to E standard....sounds sooooo much better than the standard tuning....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI7mruSlQUA
Old 06-04-2014, 03:55 AM
N00B

You mean it sounds better than E-flat? That's what they play in these days.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost at Number One View Post
I love Whiskey in the Jar, and I've never seen them play it. I've seen them play Harvester of Sorrow a number of times, and it's rare that they don't play Creeping Death, so I'd have been really happy to get Whiskey in the Jar.
This! I've seen them playing Creeping Death 14 times, Harvester of Sorrow 5 times, Whiskey in the Jar 0 times. Guess which one I'd vote for?
Old 06-04-2014, 05:44 AM
N00B

So basically people aren't basing their decision on how they feel about the sogns themselves, and instead basing it on how often the songs are played. For me, quality > rarity. If the three choices were all awesome, obviously i'd vote for the one that's a little more rare. But in this case, Harvester and Creeping Death both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whiskey in the jar. So for me, it's one of those regardless of how many times they've played them.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
So basically people aren't basing their decision on how they feel about the sogns themselves, and instead basing it on how often the songs are played. For me, quality > rarity. If the three choices were all awesome, obviously i'd vote for the one that's a little more rare. But in this case, Harvester and Creeping Death both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whiskey in the jar. So for me, it's one of those regardless of how many times they've played them.
The vote is to choose which songs the band will play live. So people should vote for the songs they most want to see played live. Simple as that.

Some people want to see some rarer songs played. Others would rather see a setlist full of "hits" without much variation.

I can appreciate both perspectives. But for me personally, I want to see some rarer songs played.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM
Long live Ronnie James Dio

Quote:
It's all up to the audience.

And the endless metallica quality debate doesn't hold me away from saying that these are boring setlists and that Load/Re-Load are nowhere.

Bleeding Me is a perfect example of a song that for some reason isn't liked by a festival audience, because it's not as troo as Creeping Death, which I have heard about 15000 times already (concerts, listening to them as RTL is my favorite record).

Eye Of The Beholder I'd love to hear live as well.

My album collection: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=10683&page=16
Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
The vote is to choose which songs the band will play live. So people should vote for the songs they most want to see played live. Simple as that.

Some people want to see some rarer songs played. Others would rather see a setlist full of "hits" without much variation.

I can appreciate both perspectives. But for me personally, I want to see some rarer songs played.
That's fine, but I wasn't speculating on the people voting as a whole, I was asking and speculation about the opinions of people on this board and in this thread based on their responses. The consensus i'm getting here isn't "I'd vote for Whiskey because I think it's a better song", it's "I'd vote for Whiskey because it's not played as often as the other two."

Tags
metallica