Nine Inch Nails -- Camden, NJ -- July 30th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-28-2014, 06:45 PM
Traditionalist Asshole

I mean does anyone have a better explanation for why a live album from that tour was inexplicably skipped over? Hell we didn't even get A Matter of Beast and Death album or whatever the hell that was called.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:17 PM
Not a number, I'm a free man

First off, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I mean does anyone have a better explanation for why a live album from that tour was inexplicably skipped over? Hell we didn't even get A Matter of Beast and Death album or whatever the hell that was called.
Second off, Download 2007 was filmed and intended for release. According to Kevin Shirley's own production records he finished mixing the DVD but it only had a working title and has yet to be released. Furthermore, in Flight 666 Steve can be seen working in the studio on a live version of what, if I recall correctly, is For The Greater Good of God. The whole project got steamrolled by the SBIT tour which kicked off in February 2008, only 8 months after the Download show was filmed. The tour was a massive success and I'd imagine the kairotic moment for an AMOLAD live release was missed, especially once Flight 666 was in production.

I've said this to you before but you'd rather just spout your opinion about the tour and try and use the fact that there is no live release to justify it as correct.

Regardless, Download was not a great show and the 2007 setlist was nothing compared to the 2006 one, which was fantastic by the way. Much better than the Maiden England set.

Edit: Here it is:

http://www.cavemanproductions.com/discogplus.html

Don't have any idea what 'sw' is intended to mean in the working title but that is surely the Download DVD.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Last edited by IrritatedTrout; 05-28-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:07 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrritatedTrout View Post

Regardless, Download was not a great show and the 2007 setlist was nothing compared to the 2006 one, which was fantastic by the way. Much better than the Maiden England set.
I went to the AMOLAD show in 2006 and the download show in 2007 and personally think the download show would've been a better release, hence being the anniversary tour of NOTB and having a few AMOLAD songs.

Although I distinctly remember at the download show he completely stacked it at one point, falling arse over tit on stage during a song fucking funny
Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 AM
N00B

How about a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2010 US tour? That was my 2nd favorite Maiden setlist, after Somewhere Back in Time.

Seriously though, they probably have some of these recordings stashed away, and will release them when the band takes a long hiatus or retires.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:28 AM
N00B

Quote:
Maybe they skipped it because in retrospect they realized playing the whole album live was a terrible idea and no one would buy it.
Disagree. I'd rather get some different songs than the 19th live version of "Run to the Hills." I wish I could have seen the tour as I loved the album, but they came nowhere near me. I salute them for focusing on their new album. Yeah, a lot of fans who haven't bought an actual Maiden album since the 80s probably were probably upset.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:32 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by leglessmoof View Post
How about a DVD/Blu-ray from the 2010 US tour? That was my 2nd favorite Maiden setlist, after Somewhere Back in Time.

Seriously though, they probably have some of these recordings stashed away, and will release them when the band takes a long hiatus or retires.
Yes, this would have been good too, because there were some AMOLAD songs in the set. After The Final Frontier came out, all of those songs were dropped, so En Vivo! had Brave New World and Dance of Death songs that had already been released in live versions before, but no AMOLAD. Other than the songs from The Final Frontier, En Vivo! had no other songs that hadn't been on a live release before. Frustrating.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysadler2 View Post
I went to the AMOLAD show in 2006 and the download show in 2007 and personally think the download show would've been a better release, hence being the anniversary tour of NOTB and having a few AMOLAD songs.

Although I distinctly remember at the download show he completely stacked it at one point, falling arse over tit on stage during a song fucking funny

He did, during Wrathchild.

Yeah, a release with the 2010 setlist would be fantastic. I'd imagine we will get a number of live releases from the vault once they retire.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac
Old 05-29-2014, 07:37 AM
N00B

Quote:
Maybe they skipped it because in retrospect they realized playing the whole album live was a terrible idea and no one would buy it.
100% agree, I'm glad I skipped this one. The good thing that came from it was their splitting tours into the old hits tours versus newer material to keep everyone happy, or at least as happy as complaining Maiden fans like me ever get.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:13 PM
somebody somewhere

Quote:

I didn't like that set either.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:34 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Goddamn yes. Best setlist in decades.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen

Tags
anthrax, iron maiden