Pallbearer -- Champaign, IL -- October 19th, 2014
Asia -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 17th, 2014
Sammy Hagar -- Las Vegas, NV -- October 18th, 2014
Tony MacAlpine -- Vienna, VA -- October 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-18-2014, 08:00 AM
N00B

Still Remains -- Grand Rapids, MI -- May 17th, 2014

A band called Equal Parts played first. They were a prog rock band. They said this was only their 9th show ever, but you could've fooled me. I liked them a lot. Their set was fun.

Next was Fine Fine Titans. They had lots of live energy, but their music didn't do anything for me.

Still Remains headlined. This was my 6th time seeing them and my 5th time seeing them after they supposedly broke up. Not sure how that works, but I don't mind. They may only play a show about once per year nowadays, but they definitely let it all loose during that one show & give it everything they've got. The show started off with a bang, and I thought this was gonna be one of those nights to remember forever. The crowd & the band were all so into it & having a blast. Then about 5 songs into their set TJ's mic stopped working, and it was on again, off again for the rest of the show. That sort of killed the vibe. It was still a good show, but it had potential to be great. His mic didn't work hardly at all during the song "Avalanche." I doubt I'll ever see Still Remains play a bad show, though. For me, they're not just another band that I like. I think they're exceptional. They said they were recording last night's show. I think it was an audio recording because I didn't see any video cameras. I'm not sure what they plan to do w/ the recordings, so stay tuned. They played "Blossom, The Witch" because tons of people had requested it. The singer from Fine Fine Titans sang "Closer To The Grave" w/ them. Other highlights of the set were "White Walls," & "Recovery," during which both the crowd & the band went bonkers. The sound issues made this show a bit of a let down, especially since it started off so awesome. However, it was still a good show. I still had fun, and I'll always go see Still Remains every chance I get. Setlist:

Anemia In Your Sheets
White Walls
Cain (first time ever played live)
Blossom, The Witch
Crone
Closer To The Grave (w/ Jennifer from Fine Fine Titans)
A Way Out
To Live & Die By Fire
Avalanche
I Can Revive Him With My Own Hands
The Worst Is Yet To Come
Recovery
11/5 BOO/Erra
11/6 ABRB
11/7 TX In July
12/3 & 12 FTFD
12/9 ETID
12/10 & 11 Snot