Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- November 27th, 2014
Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014

Old 05-17-2014, 05:37 AM
One who onions things

Saint Vitus -- San Francisco, CA -- May 16th, 2014

Next up was Saint Vitus at Thee Parkside in San Francisco. I got in the door as Sons of Huns were playing. They sounded good, but the venue was so damn full that the main area was cramped as hell, so I bailed out to the patio to hang with friends. I'm proud of the bay for totally selling the place out for Saint Vitus, but goddamn it got hot and crowded.

I had the pleasure of getting to see a few people I hadn't chilled with in a while. This included Poison Luis (happy birthday buddy), Herman and Tony HellFire among others. All of Slough Feg made it out to the show too, which literally never happens. Space Cadet Adrian was especially a joy to hang out with throughout the night, and was just such a fun and jolly person to be around. Later when I finally met Commander Christy for the first time, he also said some incredibly nice things that I just couldn't believe I was hearing. "Dawwww" moment number two of this night. I also found Badr Bryce once again, who successfully made the same double-show attempt as I did.

Vitus were fucking awesome. 75 minutes of pure doom. The set felt just a little short sure, but the band was just so on it. Wino and Dave Chandler are honestly two of the most badass musicians I've ever seen. There were a couple of jackasses on the floor, but for the most part the movement was fun. Everyone went bonkershit for Dying Inside, but I think my favorite was War Starter for sure. Henry's break in that song is rule. So yeah, this set really was just all around fantastic.

01. Living Backwards
02. I Bleed Black
03. War is Our Destiny
04. Blessed Night
05. Let Them Fall
06. The Troll
07. Waste of Time
08. War Starter
09. The Lost Feeling
10. H.A.A.G.
11. Dying Inside
12. Clear Windowpane
13. Born Too Late

I dropped off a couple friends, grabbed a Mission Burrito and now I'm home and more activities await me this weekend, some of which may or may not be shows. Onward!
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 05-17-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Tags
saint vitus