Mastodon -- Newcastle, England -- November 25th, 2014
Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014

Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 AM
One who onions things

Necrosic -- Oakland, CA -- May 16th, 2014

Ended up seeing two shows tonight. First up was Necrosic at the Oakland Metro. They're an old-school death metal super group with Sean from Impaled on vocals, Eric from Autopsy on guitar, Erika from Scolex on bass and local badasses Scott and John on guitar and drums respectively.

There were local openers that I gave little fucks about. Got to hang with Brian the Distro, Sean Bloodbath, Scott Gutbucket and Kogar Dave throughout my short time at the Metro. Made a new pal in Scott Video, who is one hell of a nice guy. Also ran into Badr Bryce, who would pop up again later on this night. Everyone in Autopsy were also in attendance to support Eric and they all hung out together at the show as a unit, which was kind of an "aww" moment.

Necrosic were damn good. Super, super heavy American-style death metal. Kinda Bolt Thrower-y in their occasionally slower approach, very doomy Autopsy-like at times too. Sean annihilated on vocals, he mainly used this awesome mid-low growl that I didn't even know he was capable of. Definitely way different than he sounds with Impaled. According to my pal Bloodbath, apparently Sean made up quite a few of the lyrics on the spot just to go with the vocal patterns. Apparently dude made up song-titles on the day of the show too.

I could definitely tell that the band needs more rehearsal time together, they were all relatively stoic onstage, just kinda planting their feet and headbanging. The music was just really really good though, like Mental Funeral-era Autopsy done perfectly right and their playing was super solid. Erika is a beast on bass, like her right hand is just insanely quick without being sloppy at all. Definitely can't wait for Necrosic's eventual demo.

1. Spawn
2. Eternal Possession
3. Enter Oblivion
4. Altered Flesh
5. My Casket Drains
6. Monuments
7. Reaping the Slaughter

Said later to Bloodbath, Gutbucket, Kogar and the Distro and headed out to San Francisco for Saint Vitus. Check out that gig's thread for that review.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 05-23-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Tags
necrosic