Judas Priest -- Worcester, MA -- July 26th, 1988
Arsis -- West Springfield, VA -- September 1st, 2014
Deep Purple -- Orlando, FL -- August 30th, 2014
Dropdead -- Scottsdale, AZ -- August 30th, 2014
Chevelle -- Wallingford, CT -- August 30th, 2014

Old 05-15-2014, 07:13 PM
When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Mastodon -- Buffalo, NY -- May 12th, 2014

Town Ballroom was the place to be Monday night here in Buffalo. I've been excited for this show for awhile. Got there about 6 and doors opened at 630. We got a place right near the front of the stage. I was thinking Kvelertak would start about 7 or 730. I said they must think they're GNR. They came on promptly at 8. No big deal really. I just didn't expect an almost 90 minute wait. Some people were getting restless. Anyway, they were a great start to the night. The frontman comes out with a huge dead owl on his head with glowing eyes. They were a lot of fun and the frontman was energetic as hell. Good way to start the night. Im not too familiar with them so I don't have a setlist.

Next up, after maybe a 15 minute quick change over, Gojira hits the stage. This was my first time seeing them live. I've seen the videos and heard the reviews of their shows but it's nothing like experiencing them live. They start with To Sirius and the place went completely apeshit. It got even crazier for Backbone and Flying Whales and kept it going until the last song. L'Enfant Sauvage and Toxic Garbage Island were awesome also. The pits were huge and intense. Mario Duplantier on drums is a beast. They are so massive and powerful live. Pretty incredible band. I kept thinking as awesome as Mastodon is, can they top that? Well, of course they can.

So after another quick change over, the lights go out and the waves start crashing over the PA and Mastodon is on. Hearts Alive, one of my favorite songs from them, is actually a great opener and sounded awesome. Loved hearing Divinations. Crusher Destroyer and Capilarian one after the other was great and started the first big pits for them. Black Tongue was next and that got the biggest reaction at that point. That song is awesome live. Everyone singing and almost drowning Troy out. Bladecatcher sounded awesome. Next the drum intro to Crystal Skull and the place flips again. Another crazy pit. Always one of my favorite live songs by them. Siberian Divide was awesome and then Naked Burn was cool to hear. Next was fucking Megalodon. Always one of my favorites. There was an intense floor sized pit that opened up. Then next Oblivion. Probably my favorite Mastodon song and the first time I got to hear them play it out of the 5 times I've seen them. That was truly awesome with everyone singing along. The new songs sounded great. Especially High Road. That had a great reaction. Next up, my only gripe with an otherwise great setlist was Bedazzled Fingernails. I just don't care for the song. Would've preferred anything else. Aqua Dementia and the Sparrow closed it out. Although I actually don't mind the Sparrow as a closer I would've preferred a more kick ass closer. The Wolf is Loose, B&T, or flipped with Aqua Dementia. But either way, they sounded fantastic and as great as ever.

In conclusion, it was a fantastic night. The crowd had such a great reaction to everything all night. Two great bands with staunch followings, on top of their game, sounding awesome and kicking ass for a packed house.

Gojira:

To Sirius
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
Backbone
Flying Whales
L'Enfant Sauvage
Toxic Garbage Island
In the Forest
Oroborus

Mastodon:

Hearts Alive
Divinations
Crusher Destroyer
Capillarian Crest
Black Tongue
Bladecatcher
Crystal Skull
Siberian Divide
Naked Burn
Megalodon
Oblivion
Blasteroid
Chimes at Midnight
High Road
Bedazzled Fingernails
Aqua Dementia
The Sparrow
Old 05-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Not a number, I'm a free man

I saw this the following night and it was awesome.
7/1 - Iron Maiden - Luxembourg
10/31 - Fleetwood Mac

Tags
gojira