Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014
Queensryche -- Waukesha, WI -- July 19th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

Slayer -- Denver, CO -- May 10th, 2014

Holy fucking shit what a night

I arrived and waited for about in 20 minutes in line with a light rain falling on us; a car drove by with someone yelling "fat factory" and a person behind me responded "Go back to church bitch!" Awesome way to start the night

The show was held at the Filmore which here in Denver is the standard music venue for big musical artists, and by my guess the sold out crowd was about 2500-2800 people strong and I picked a spot on the right side of the floor in the middle, we were packed in tight by the time Slayer came on

Exodus

1. Bonded By Blood
2. Pirahna
3. Blacklist
4. War Is My Shepherd
5. The Toxic Waltz
6. Strike Of The Beast

First time seeing them, lot of fun. Duke made a comment about Colorado being awesome on legalizing weed, and on cue the air filled up with smoke I wouldn't mind seeing them on their own. 9/10

Suicidal Tendencies

1. You Can't Bring Me Down
2. Trip At The Brain
3. War Inside My Head
4. Subliminal
5. Possessed To Skate
6. I Saw Your Mommy
7. Cyco Vision
8. Pledge Your Allegiance

I never was able to get into ST, wasn't a huge fan of their style, but I really enjoyed the set, as the band brought a ton of energy to the stage. 9/10

Slayer

1. Hell Awaits
2. The Antichrist
3. Necrophiliac
4. Mandatory Suicide
5. Captor of Sin
6. War Ensemble
7. Postmortem
8. Altar of Sacrifice
9. Jesus Saves
10. At Dawn They Sleep
11. Die By The Sword
12. Hallowed Point
13. Seasons In The Abyss
14. Chemical Warfare
15. Dead Skin Mask
16. Raining Blood
17. Black Magic
18. South of Heaven
19. Angel of Death

11/10

Just....pure fucking awesome here are some notes I have for the thrash gods

-Hell Awaits/The Anti-Christ: Best 1-2 opening combo ever, I vote they keep it forever

-Postmortem/Altar of Sacrifice/Jesus Saves is a brutal 3 song punch, I fucking loved it

-Nercophiliac and At Dawn They Sleep were a treat to hear live for the first time and I think they got the best crowd response from the old school fans in attendance

- Before War Ensemble Tom congratulated us on being a true free state by legalizing pot; it feels great to be recognized by outside people for doing this (and I'm sure bands who visit Washington are doing the same)

- I stood next to a dunk guy who became my singing buddy for the night and it was awesome because he knew and enjoyed the old school songs like I do and it was the first time I sang along with a stranger. For 90 minutes it was like we were friends for years rocking out to Slayer it was very cool. As the set went on we tested each other on knowing the lyrics. I did cheat before the show by knowing the setlist beforehand so it was funny to see him cream his pants every time a song would start. The entire crowd in fact just was eating out of Slayer's hands for the old school set

- Before Die by the Sword, Tom demanded we get quite so he could introduce the next song; well as I'm sure you know asking a Slayer fan to do that is impossible. While we waited I suggested to my peers that maybe, just maybe Tom was suggesting we be Silent and we went with yelling SILENT SCREAM!!!!...didn't work though

- I don't care how many time I see Slayer, Seasons in the Abyss is always orgasmic

- Oh, and going into Chemical Warfare= the tits. First time hearing it live, and what a treat that song is

-Dear Slayer: Please keep Raining Blood/Black Magic combo in your set forever

-Dear Slayer: PS, please keep old school set forever; you got plenty of songs from your first 5 albums

- A fan near me had gotten the "20th year Divine Intervention" shirt and seemed under the impression we would be getting the album in full (and can you blame him?) As the night went on, he just got more and more confused and by the end looked like he wasted money on a shirt that didn't come through on its promise

Overall, by far the best show I have seen in a long time. It goes up to my favorite Slayer shows I've seen out of 4. We may bitch about Jeff and Dave no longer being in the band, and we will see how the band goes about with new music, but let me tell you the line-up crushes live and I am so glad I saw Slayer do a true headlining show; my voice is gone, neck is killing me, I can't hear shit...and I feel GREAT. If you have a chance to see them on this tour, DO IT. If anything we may never see the old school set again.

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by DisposableJustice; 05-12-2014 at 09:16 PM. Reason: RAINing Blood
Old 05-11-2014, 08:35 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Can anyone tell me what the DI anniversary shirt is like? Really curios, I hope they have it when they reach Dublin this year, my favorite Slayer record at the moment so I'd love to pick one up.

Sweet set, unless Disciple is the opener or New Faith comes back, I'm pretty happy nothing too modern is included. Though Divine Intervention SHOULD get representation.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Can anyone tell me what the DI anniversary shirt is like? Really curios, I hope they have it when they reach Dublin this year, my favorite Slayer record at the moment so I'd love to pick one up.

Sweet set, unless Disciple is the opener or New Faith comes back, I'm pretty happy nothing too modern is included. Though Divine Intervention SHOULD get representation.
from what I recall all it is is the album artwork on the front with the current tour dates on the back and calling it something like 20 years of Divine Intervention or something like that

quite misleading
Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisposableJustice View Post
from what I recall all it is is the album artwork on the front with the current tour dates on the back and calling it something like 20 years of Divine Intervention or something like that

quite misleading
Megadeth did that with Peace Sells on the big 4 shows. Very misleading. I'll consider picking it up, but without any DI songs it feels a it pointless.

Cool set all the same, hopefully some DI makes it into the set for the European shows.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
N00B

This may be a stupid question, but the last time I saw Suicidal Tendencies perform live was in the mid-'80s....do they not play "Institutionalized" anymore?
Old 05-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

Holy mother of living, breathing, eating, shitting, fucking Santa Claus dat Slayer setlist...
Old 05-12-2014, 07:14 AM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggotFetus View Post
This may be a stupid question, but the last time I saw Suicidal Tendencies perform live was in the mid-'80s....do they not play "Institutionalized" anymore?
They did play it on their headlining tours over the last year but apparently aren't playing it as an opener.
11-21 Judas Priest
Old 05-12-2014, 07:20 AM
The guy behind the guy, behind the guy

Has to be so epic to see Gary Holt perform with both Exodus and then Slayer. Two thrash giants.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:39 AM
when you hit the floor you can always crawl!

Quote:
16. Reign In Blood
Man, the song is called Raining Blood not Reign in Blood. The second one is the name of the album, and I guess they didn't play it in its entirety, huh? I hate when people mistake it.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piroxen View Post
Man, the song is called Raining Blood not Reign in Blood. The second one is the name of the album, and I guess they didn't play it in its entirety, huh? I hate when people mistake it.
You are correct I was lazy and copy/pasted it from setlist.fm, so I'll fix it

Tags
exodus, slayer, suicidal tendencies