Exodus -- West Springfield, VA -- November 25th, 2014
Bob Seger -- Saginaw, MI -- November 19th, 2014
Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 PM
N00B

I blind bought Crack The Skye on release day and could have almost cried when I heard how limp they sounded after Oblivion came out of my speakers the first time.

Not surprised to hear from multiple sources since the release, that the album wasn't very good live.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:31 PM
I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onioner View Post
On Mastodon's old forum they had a big thread about it. But yeah, basically CtS wasn't played super well, I remember The Last Baron in particular being a massive clusterfuck. Then the band went offstage for what felt like a lot more than 10-15 minutes. The rest is as slap said.

The thing is, that fest had been like 7 amazing bands all playing incredible sets before Mastodon. Baroness tore through their flawless set without saying a word, and High on Fire obliterated their hometown- the show was in Oakland, and I think it still might be one of the best times I've ever seen them. All Mastodon had to do was do their thing and it would have been gravy, but Brent threw a bitchfit and derailed it. That, combined with the fact that Mastodon were just not a very strong live band at the time, just left a really bad taste in everyone's mouth after the show.
Baroness played one of the best sets I've ever seen at that show and only got 30-40 minutes, which was a shame. For some reason people on the forum were throwing the idea of Baizley replacing Brent in Mastodon
Old 05-04-2014, 06:20 PM
One who onions things

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
Baroness played one of the best sets I've ever seen at that show and only got 30-40 minutes, which was a shame. For some reason people on the forum were throwing the idea of Baizley replacing Brent in Mastodon
I hadn't been to many metal shows before Missing Link so I didn't really understand the gravity of Baroness' set then. Like, I loved every second of it at the time, but I only realized just how flawless and stunning it was after the fact. It's definitely gonna be one of those things where I tell people ten years from now, "Yeah, I saw Baroness on the Blue Record tour and they were fuckin' amazing."

On that tour, Baizley was filling in for Bill on some shows because Bill had some pancreas disease or something, so I think that's how the him replacing Brent idea came about.
Satan/Slough Feg - 10/25
King Diamond - 8/31
Judas Priest - 11/16

Last edited by Onioner; 05-04-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Metal Setlists Elitist Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguytoo9 View Post
I blind bought Crack The Skye on release day and could have almost cried when I heard how limp they sounded after Oblivion came out of my speakers the first time.

Not surprised to hear from multiple sources since the release, that the album wasn't very good live.
They were hella good the first two times around playing it in full, but after a while it was just strained.
12/20 Cormorant/Wildhunt
1/2 Pity Sex/Whirr
Old 05-05-2014, 10:29 AM
N00B

Slightly bummed that Gojira took out Blow Me Away Youniverse..... I've seen Oroborus and Vaculity live before.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:14 AM
N00B

Saw this last night, was pretty sweet. Gojira had to cut Vacuity from the set though, which sucked.

Tags
gojira, kvelertak, mastodon