Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Judas Priest -- Vorst, Belgium -- March 16th, 1991
Black Label Society -- Memphis, TN -- July 27th, 2014
Megadeth -- Milwaukee, WI -- July 19th, 2013
Family Values Tour -- Denver, CO -- November 11th, 2001
Judas Priest -- Salt Lake City, UT -- November 12th, 1990

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Misinformation and Propaganda

Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 PM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derelict View Post
Tate comparing himself to Roger Waters just made my day.
Except he's not, but the press release is still funny.

30/7 King Diamond
1-2/8 BiesenRock Festival
3/8 Lokerse Festival
16/9 Richie Kotzen
Old 04-30-2014, 01:54 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Sometime in the mid 2000's the crowds started dropping off, and I don't see that changing. Tate's version already played a lot of major markets and I don't see the dwindling fanbase going to see both versions. Even their label hasn't done much to promote s/t album. Nevermind the fact that even Tate's solo band was getting gigs with Alice Cooper and things like Shiprocked.

But like I said before this just screams inevitable reunion to try and bring people back.
The crowds started to drop off because their albums started to really suck. However look at the increase in sales from Dedicated To Chaos to the s/t album and how much everyone loved it. I only see that number going up on the next album. The band did say they're going to make it more progressive sounding so that should help them.

I still think they'll end up doing better than most seem to think on here. It may take a couple album releases to get to that point, but I do think it's possible. I also think that a very slight possibility exists that they could get Chris DeGarmo to join as a third guitar player. I'm probably dreaming on that one, but if they did, it would help them quite a bit.

Last edited by Travis The Dragon; 04-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:07 PM
That Guy

They aren't going to be any bigger than they are right now. You can't buy this much exposure.

Hell even when Portnoy left Dream Theater with all the turmoil going on there DT is still playing the same sized venues, the only exception being the last MN show since the State Theater already had the place booked.

Queensryche is back and almost better than ever with the new album, but that's not going to lead to them playing venues triple the size of where they are now. That shipped sailed in the 2000s.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 PM
My heart, tears, and prayers go out to the sad, abused, and suffering children of the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
They aren't going to be any bigger than they are right now. You can't buy this much exposure.

Hell even when Portnoy left Dream Theater with all the turmoil going on there DT is still playing the same sized venues, the only exception being the last MN show since the State Theater already had the place booked.

Queensryche is back and almost better than ever with the new album, but that's not going to lead to them playing venues triple the size of where they are now. That shipped sailed in the 2000s.
That's because in the 2000's they started to release shit albums and Tate started to become a problem. That is no longer the case so I'm holding on to the possibility that they will increase in popularity by at least double at the very least.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:32 PM
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis The Dragon View Post
That's because in the 2000's they started to release shit albums and Tate started to become a problem. That is no longer the case so I'm holding on to the possibility that they will increase in popularity by at least double at the very least.
No they started releasing shit after Promised Land

If they double their popularity, I will eat crow, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be the case.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:06 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post

DT played a different smaller venue in Philly in 2011(and had another area show cancelled-but that was due to the venue going to shit), but by this year they were back to the same place they've more or less headlined when playing here throughout their career. That being said DT was out there a lot more and was out in a position where they weren't too hindered by Portnoy leaving. It's just silly to think Queensryche is going to have this renaissance and all of a sudden go back to headlining places they haven't since like 1995.
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 04-30-2014, 03:08 PM
That Guy

Quote:
DT played a different smaller venue in Philly in 2011(and had another area show cancelled-but that was due to the venue going to shit), but by this year they were back to the same place they've more or less headlined when playing here throughout their career. That being said DT was out there a lot more and was out in a position where they weren't too hindered by Portnoy leaving. It's just silly to think Queensryche is going to have this renaissance and all of a sudden go back to headlining places they haven't since like 1995.
Precisely. And I love Queensryche, I'm just realistic.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
It's just silly to think Queensryche is going to have this renaissance and all of a sudden go back to headlining places they haven't since like 1995.
Neither I nor anyone else on here has said or thought they would headline like they did back in the early 90's. I said the possibility exists that they could double or triple how popular they are right now.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:25 PM
N00B

Playing bike rally's and festivals like M3 isn't gonna do it. In all honestly opening for someone like Avenged Sevenfold is about the only thing that's gonna cause them to have a spike in record sales(and that's a huge maybe).
Crue/Alice Cooper
Fishbone
Slayer/Suicidal/Exodus
Living Colour
Old 04-30-2014, 06:41 PM
HEY! LISTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCheeseWedge View Post
I honestly think everybody walks away from the last two years of this and this settlement looking like a loser. GT looks like an ass, and the band... wow. Where's the credibility? They basically flat out admitted in the court documents that they were phoning it in for the paycheck since Promised Land. That's half their careers. They admitted to not playing on their own albums, like Mindcrime 2. That's just sad.

I honestly expect both entities going forward to have diminishing returns. I mean, QR of the last decade hasn't exactly been a top tier band, and Todd isn't the type of vocalist, and the guys in QR aren't the kind of songwriters, that are going to pull off anything truly inspiring. And GT will execute mediocre ideas with mediocre musicians.
Sums up my thoughts pretty well. Barely care at all that the situation has resolved (and basically nothing has changed anyway).