Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Sadistic Intent -- Downey, CA -- December 21st, 2013
Thy Art Is Murder -- Sydney, Australia -- December 19th, 2014
Intronaut -- West Hollywood, CA -- December 19th, 2014
Cannabis Corpse -- Chicago, IL -- December 17th, 2014
Kreator -- London, England -- December 18th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
It is. He's a jerk, but what he can do on his guitar is inhuman.
If only he were a better songwriter. Or just had a smaller ego and let someone else help on the songs.

I mean, his albums are fun and all, but he's had several of my all-time favourite singers in his band over the years, and with his unbelievable talent on guitar alongside them, they should be some of my favourite albums ever, but they aren't because his songs are weak.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:43 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,390
Blog Entries: 1
He has made some bad albums, but he seems to have redeem himself. I know I like his last couple of albums very much.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:54 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,887
Yeah, I like the last couple as well, but in general his albums are just good, they're never great, which they should be from a guitarist of his skill with the bands he always has around him and the singers he hires. I'm certain it's because he never lets anyone else write the songs.
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,390
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Yeah, I like the last couple as well, but in general his albums are just good, they're never great, which they should be from a guitarist of his skill with the bands he always has around him and the singers he hires. I'm certain it's because he never lets anyone else write the songs.
I like him more than Vai & Satriani.

He's bizarre, once Aardschok magazine's editor in chief spent an intensive week with Malmsteen, and a few days/weeks later Yngwie had to be re-introduced to him.
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
John The Drummer's Avatar
John The Drummer John The Drummer is offline
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,302
Quote:
Symphony Interrupted
That it was.......
__________________
Dalla Nebbia
facebook.com/dallanebbiamusic

Funeral Age
funeralage.com

Mesmur
facebook.com/mesmurdoom
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-22-2014, 09:05 AM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
He's bizarre, once Aardschok magazine's editor in chief spent an intensive week with Malmsteen, and a few days/weeks later Yngwie had to be re-introduced to him.
Makes sense, everyone forgets Dutch people
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:11 PM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,390
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenheart View Post
Makes sense, everyone forgets Dutch people
I'm not Dutch, tho
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:41 PM
ravenheart's Avatar
ravenheart ravenheart is offline
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 18,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalIsArt View Post
I'm not Dutch, tho
Yes I know :p
__________________
www.jukeboxmetal.com
http://jukeboxmetal.blogspot.com

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:21 PM
darkguardian50 darkguardian50 is offline
Homebrewing Metalhead
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, Fl.
Posts: 235
The real problem isn't the bad playing, we can all forgive that. Writing for and playing with an orchestra is a uncommon talent. (And yea Yngwie is great at it, his neoclassical shred style is suited for it). But most guitarists are smart enough to know they aren't Jason Becker or Yngwie. The sad thing is that Dave thinks that this was not only successful but something he should do again.

Not. Enough. Facepalm.

And I still feel the band that does the best job of writing and playing with an orchestra is Therion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpI4AsP9b0
__________________
Don't go to Heaven, Cause its really only HELL!- "Don't Talk to Strangers" by Ronnie James Dio

We miss you Ronnie...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 AM
MetalIsArt's Avatar
MetalIsArt MetalIsArt is offline
Troo Methulfan
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dendermonde, Flanders
Posts: 3,390
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkguardian50 View Post
The real problem isn't the bad playing, we can all forgive that. Writing for and playing with an orchestra is a uncommon talent. (And yea Yngwie is great at it, his neoclassical shred style is suited for it). But most guitarists are smart enough to know they aren't Jason Becker or Yngwie. The sad thing is that Dave thinks that this was not only successful but something he should do again.

Not. Enough. Facepalm.

And I still feel the band that does the best job of writing and playing with an orchestra is Therion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpI4AsP9b0
He even got an article in a belgian newspaper...
__________________
Music is my life - Everything from ADELE to Napalm Death.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dave mustaine

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008