Masked Intruder -- Kansas City, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Machine Head -- Springfield, MO -- July 25th, 2014
Downset -- Albany, NY -- July 24th, 2014
Megadeth -- Tolmin, Slovenia -- July 25th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 04-13-2014, 04:24 AM
Welcome To My Nightmare...

Destruction -- Toronto, Ontario -- April 12th, 2014

The sets were mostly the same as those posted by Mankvill recently. Krisiun I'm not too sure of, but it looks the same based on the titles announced. For Destruction, I don't think we got Carnivore, but Exmortus actually got an encore and played "Metal Is King", which is the song I most wanted to hear.

Bloodless Child was already playing when my buddy and I got into the show. They were ok. Death/thrash with a groovier moment or two. Not much of a crowd at this point.

Fatality was up next, and we had seen them opening for Skull Fist last month. This time they were much better because they had a shorter set and played only faster stuff for the most part.

The first touring act, Exmortus, was killer. I only recently got into them when I got a promo for their new album. The guitar playing in this band is really killer. I wouldn't want every thrash band to sound like this, but it's really cool.

Krisiun hit the stage a bit late because of Exmortus' encore, but if you've seen them before, you know what to expect. Insanely crushing death metal that is filled with blast beats. Their music comes across well live because every song has a rhythmic intro before turning into non-stop blasting. Not my favourite act of the night, but they were a nice break before the headliner.

Destruction are gods! If you've never seen them before, do whatever you can to see them. I've mentioned before that of all of the bands I've seen, they stand out among the 4 best performances I've seen, and that group is rounded out by Slayer, Iron Maiden, and Avantasia; bands that I knew would be the best live show before I even saw them. What makes Destruction so great live is that their old songs become 1000x heavier and faster than on the record. In fact, there is such a clear division between the old songs and the new songs (other than "Nailed To The Cross"), that I wish the band would give up playing new stuff. The only reason their 2012 performance was better for me was because the setlist was even better, but this was once again one of the best bands I've ever seen.
9/5 - Spell/Manacle
Old 04-13-2014, 11:48 AM
N00B

Yeah Destructions set two years ago was KILLER!!! This time around the show was good too.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:13 PM
N00B

Fatality is awesome!

Tags
destruction, exmortus, krisiun