Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

View Poll Results: What's Your Favorite Final Fantasy Game (of the standard numbered series)?
Final Fantasy 0 0%
Final Fantasy II 0 0%
Final Fantasy III 0 0%
Final Fantasy IV 0 0%
Final Fantasy V 0 0%
Final Fantasy VI 2 25.00%
Final Fantasy VII 3 37.50%
Final Fantasy VIII 1 12.50%
Final Fantasy IX 0 0%
Final Fantasy X 1 12.50%
Final Fantasy XI 0 0%
Final Fantasy XII 1 12.50%
Final Fantasy XIII 0 0%
Final Fantasy XIV 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2014, 11:57 AM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

I always thought Rikku was awesome ..... but X-2 just looked dumb. I never played it, and never had any interest in playing it. Is that guy seriously the final boss? No giant monster or anything? Shit, sure the "true' final battle with Sephiroth was him in "human" form.... but he was still a monster!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

It was, as far as I remember. It was the anticlimactic end to a terrible game. I'd forgotten how nauseating this game was until I watched the intro again last night. At the end of this thread there're going to be some "awards" given out, and that intro changed things.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 04-17-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:06 PM

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Japanese Release Date: August 8th, 2003
North American Release Date: February 9th 2004
Original Platform: Nintendo Game Cube

This is a “sub-series” of Final Fantasy games that marked the franchises return to Nintendo after nine years away. At the time it was monumental but today it doesn’t really matter. I can remember TV ads for this game, lots of TV ads, which was odd for a Final Fantasy. It looks like it could be a fun game. It looks more like a classic Final Fantasy than anything since IX. But I’ve never played it. You’re going to notice a lot of holes in my entries for the second half of this thread. They release a lot of games in the Final Fantasy series now and I could never keep up. A lot are on handheld systems too and I just don’t play them.

Gameplay Demo: first area of the game

Final Boss: Memoria
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 PM

Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
Japanese Release Date: September 29th, 2004
Original Platform: Mobile Phone

I've never played this game and I never will. It was only released in Japan and it was a mobile phone game. And I can imagine how terrible a mobile phone game from 2004 would seem today. There have been multiple chapters released up until early 2006. It focus' on the Turks, a supporting group from Final Fantasy VII

Gameplay Demo: I don't know why this is in English if the game was only released in Japan. Someone must have ported it.

Final Boss: Zirconiade
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 04-17-2014, 07:02 PM

I remember playing a couple of the Crystal Chronicles games on the DS but they were just Dungeon Crawlers, nothing much to do at all. Was fun for a bit, but then got insanely repetitive and bland.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-18-2014, 04:06 PM

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (September 14th, 2005)
[Edit: April 25th, 2014] I went in to watching this with an open mind and low expectations. I enjoyed Final Fantasy VII a lot but I think it was a turning point (downwards) in the series in terms of character design, theme and overall design. If it weren’t for Cloud and Sephiroth would we have all these flashy battles, allusions to shit that makes to sense and homo-metro-sexual fashion? I see pictures of kids in Japan and all I see is a bunch of kids who wish they were Cloud. Fashion aside this was actually a very enjoyable movie. I still don’t think Final Fantasy is fit for motion pictures just because I rather see a story unfold over fifty hours but for what it was it did a good job. There were enough allusions to the game to keep me satisfied but not get cheesy (it would have been dumb if people were casting curaga on each other or summoning all those Espers). Thankfully most of the characters from the games screen time was kept to a very minimal. I hate it when sequels are made and a character from the previous installment shows up on screen, helps the lead win a battle, says a line or two then disappears, then the same happens for other characters (see Mortal Kombat 2). I could’ve done without any of the scenes involving Aerith but I guess they had to throw her in there somehow. The simple shot of her and Zack at the end would have been more than enough in my opinion. The story was decent enough and the voice acting (I watched the English overdub) was okay. It was actually really awesome that they gave Cait Sith a Scottish accent. That was fucking hilarious. And Red XIII’s voice was really cool; it was too bad he had a grand total of one line. I could’ve done with more of him in a speaking role. Yuffie was dumb as fuck but that was to be expected. I was surprised Barrett wasn't in it more but I guess you can only do so much in ninety minutes. The movie looks incredible and the music is really good, although some songs seem too "video game" and don't fit in. I liked that the world was pretty much fucked from the events of the game. Or at least Midgard/Edge was (they really never left there). Overall I’m glad I watched it but I don’t think I’ll ever watch it again. I still prefer the ending to the game and letting that be that. But for what this was worth it at least wasn’t a train-wreck.

It should be noted that I watched the original cut of the movie. There is an extended edition that adds around thirty minutes of footage.

Favorite Moment: Kadaj’s scene with Rufus in the cabin, the music is really cool
Best Song: the Promised Land
Coolest Character: Cloud
Lamest Character: Yuffie, because Cait Siths voice was so hilarious I don't think I can hate it any more.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Theatrical Trailer

[EDIT: May 17th, 2014] I watched it again tonight, and drank a lot during my viewing. I really enjoyed it but my only question...who the fuck is that dog that's in a bunch of the early scenes. I remember a dog in Final Fantasy VI (Interceptor) and in Final Fantasy VIII (Angelo) but I have no memory of a dog in Final Fantasy VII.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend

Last edited by adamclark52; 05-17-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:13 PM

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Japanese Release Date: January 28th, 2006
North American Release Date: August 15th, 2006
Original Platform: Sony Playstation 2
Rereleased on: Mobile Phone

Yet another sequel/spin-off to Final Fantasy VII that I have not played. My brother had it and he said it was just “okay”. But I remember him saying the saving system was really weird in this game and made it harder than it should have been. It was a third person shooter staring Vincent Valentine, who was a cool character. I’m not much for shooter games so I don’t really have any desire to ever play this. It looks to me to be a Devil My Cry clone.

Gameplay Demo: some level

Final Boss: Omega Weiss
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
Japanese Release Date: January 28th, 2006
I never played this one, either, but it definitely just seemed like a "Meh, if I play it, cool, if not, oh well." I loved Vincent, but this game definitely didn't look very promising. My friend who played it said it was pretty good, but got boring after a while.

Quote:
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (September 14th, 2005)
I LOVED this movie. It definitely was cheesy and VERY Japanese at times, but it wasn't bad at all. I would recommend it. If you have a 360, download the free Krackle app (movie streaming). Last time I looked they had Advent Children on it. Definitely worth the watch.... but may take a couple watches because it gets confusing at a couple points. It isn't bad at all though.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 04-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
I LOVED this movie. It definitely was cheesy and VERY Japanese at times, but it wasn't bad at all. I would recommend it. If you have a 360, download the free Krackle app (movie streaming). Last time I looked they had Advent Children on it. Definitely worth the watch.... but may take a couple watches because it gets confusing at a couple points. It isn't bad at all though.
I think my brother may have it on DVD. I'm going to ask him to bring it when he comes over Sunday and I'll try watch it next weekend.

I'm just worried that I won't connect with ANYTHING. And the overt-Japanosity of everything. And if Tifa's wearing a bra.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I think my brother may have it on DVD. I'm going to ask him to bring it when he comes over Sunday and I'll try watch it next weekend.

I'm just worried that I won't connect with ANYTHING. And the overt-Japanosity of everything. And if Tifa's wearing a bra.

I must admit, the final big battle scene is just AWESOME. A couple little throwbacks to the game as well (like someones ringtone being the "Battle Won" jingle )

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com