Boris -- Santa Cruz, CA -- August 21st, 2014
Skid Row -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 20th, 2014
The Quireboys -- West Hollywood, CA -- August 6th, 2014
High on Fire -- Los Angeles, CA -- August 19th, 2014
Nothing More -- Baltimore, MD -- August 18th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
MAN IS NOT ALONE IN THIS WORLD AND MANKIND IS NOT COMPLETELY ABSURD

The Scariest Video Game that you have ever played?

Silent Hill 2 takes the cake for me. Silent Hill 2 is seriously the most horrifying game that I have ever played. Also one of the most well written story lines in gaming history. I still get goosebumps to this day when I think of all my time playing Silent Hill two. This game scared me so bad that I could only play it during daytime. Night time was a definite no no for me...

SPOILERS:
My jaw dropped to the fucking floor when I found out that the main character James was the one that Killed his wife mary all along. Holy shit I did not see that coming. The game goes from being downright scary to just downright depressing.

I really can't think of any game that gave me the kind of chills that Silent Hill II gave me...

so whats the scariest video game that you've ever played?
11/14 - Slayer
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Close your eyes forget your name

I talked about this on my favorite video games list, and it still is in my mind the scariest game I've played.

What makes the game is the sounds; the developers did awesome job on the soundtrack and as the game progresses I swear it sounds like the game is in your head, jumping at every creak, every whisper

Plus the atmosphere is quite haunting; alone on a dead ship (yes you have your two crew mates which by the way manage to scare you each time you start a level). Having Issac Clark be a silent character was an awesome choice as well. Basically when you aren't fighting, all you can hear somethings is just Issac breathing

The Necromorphs are creepy as fuck; one of my favorite horror movies was The Thing (1982) and some of them remind me of the movie monster.

While the game is simple on the easy level, taking on the harder levels including Zealot mode (where you only get 3 saves the whole game) introduces a major sense of panic as ammo becomes very scare and the monsters get harder to put down.

To get an idea how freaked out I was about playing this game, you only need to watch creepy as fuck trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYaJCmJgb9A
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 08-20-2014, 09:30 AM
PAAAAAAANTURRRUUUHHHHHH!! !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
Haven't played this guy in years! I got the HD Collection abuot a month ago but haven't put it in yet, really stoked to do so, though!

Scariest game, hmm, thats a hard one...

As mentioned in previous posts, Resident Evil 3 was just a panic attack waiting around every corner. The fact that Nemesis was chasing you down and WANTED to kill you was more nerve racking than scary.

This is an odd one, but Red Dead Redemption. Running through the woods, hunting for something, get a deer right in your scope, oh look, you got mauled by a Bear. A lot of the characters in it were just creepy as well. Not scary, per se, but odd.

I know there is another game I played in recent memory that just made me go "OH WHAT THE FUCK!!!!", but I cannot place it

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T

I think the first time I played Dead Space was the most scared I've been during a videogame. I'm a huge baby when it comes to scary games, though.
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
Old 08-20-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
I'm a huge baby when it comes to scary games, though.
Play Silent Hill II
11/14 - Slayer
Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Probably Final Fantasy X. The amount of money put in to that game and they still couldn't hire better English voice actors.

:serious:
On account of my being a huge puss I can count on one hand the amount of scary games I've played. Resident Evil 2, the first Silent Hill (I didn't find that too scary, just creepy in a perfect way to me), the Suffering...that's really it.

But I did get legit creeped out/scared a lot by Fallout 3. That Dunwich House area in the far South West was damn scary. That Northern area with all those powerful monsters (I don't even remember what they were called) was scary. Or the big downtown area with all those spider things. I remember playing one area that was in an abandoned supermarket overrun by cyber-punks that had bodies hanging from the ceiling. That was scary. I know it wasn't a horror game but it just creeped me out the whole time. The mood and atmosphere freaked me out. The ghouls scared me. All the dead bodies everywhere scared me. And I played it during a really dark time in my life (between 10pm and 2 am).
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 08-20-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
the Suffering...that's really it.
HOLY SHIT. I TOTALLY FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT GAME. I love The suffering. Such a great game. I remember having a bast playing that game on my Playstation 2. The introduction is my favorite part where all the police and prison guards are getting torn apart left and right. I haven't' played the second suffering though...
11/14 - Slayer
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultura69 View Post
HOLY SHIT. I TOTALLY FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT GAME. I love The suffering. Such a great game. I remember having a bast playing that game on my Playstation 2. The introduction is my favorite part where all the police and prison guards are getting torn apart left and right. I haven't' played the second suffering though...
Me neither. It was a good game but it really didn't scare me too much. The Star Wars book Death Troopers is really similar to it. You should read it.
10/18 - King Diamond
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 08-20-2014, 08:24 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Fallout 3 did creep me out quite a bit. Wandering around in the wasteland always got me nervous and then trying to fast travel, but not being able because there's enemies nearby when you thought you were all alone.

This is by far the scariest game I've ever played though:

The mannequins....oh god...the mannequins
9/6 Weekend Nachos
9/12 Sete Star Sept
9/19 Despise You
9/20 Revocation
Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Pass the steak sauce

Either Silent Hill 1 or Silent Hill 4, with 2 and 3 not far behind. The hauntings in your apartment and the ghosts in 4 were terrifying. And then when you reach your apartment of the past towards the end.... FUCK! Also, in the first game, I appreciated the fact that if your flashlight was turned off, you literally could not see anything but darkness
10/18 - Anvil
10/19 - THE KING
11/18 - Manowar