Sleep -- Chicago, IL -- August 29th, 2014
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers -- Clarkston, MI -- August 24th, 2014
Cheap Trick -- Boston, MA -- August 27th, 2014
Misery Signals -- Toronto, Ontario -- August 23rd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Old 03-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Kvlt,Grim,Frostbitten,and Grindage

Gorilla Biscuits -- Costa Mesa, CA -- March 23rd, 2014

A great fucking show. This was the 3rd day of the Musink fest and the only day in which I was interested in seeing more than one band. I have missed all these bands the last times theyve came. Except Soul Search who I haven't seen since 2012, who ive been trying to catch again lately. The first two days they had a barrier but Gorilla Biscuits made fucking sure they opened at least part of it for people to go ape shit.

Soul Search opened the show and they did a great set. They played all the fans favorites and some new ones. Some people sang along and they had plenty of kids HXC dancing to them. They were the perfect openers and hands down of todays best HxC bands.

Strife Had the same crowed reaction. Most singing along obviously since Strife is old skool. The singer had busted his mouth bleeding by the 2nd song. Then by a blink of an eye he was on the floor in the pit staring at people all scary while people were windmilling around him. By the 6th song his head was bleeding. Strife was really fucking good and Ill catch them headline next time.

H2O had a lot of kids going nuts for them. I was about to miss part of their set to look around (cause I think they're just ok) but im glad I didn't cause they played "Nothing To Prove" first and thats my fav song. The singer gave his posi speeches and made us feel all tingly inside. Travis Barker played drums for 2 songs. Overall a great set. And they are WAY better live than on album.

The recently reunited Judge was the band I knew people were gonna go nuts for. I went by the front on the side. They started with "Fed Up" and people were stage diving left and right and singing along. They were heavy and sounded great. Me and the bald guys around me were shouting lyrics while ducking for stage divers. Mike Ferraro's vocals sounded the same was still the pissed of SxE dude he is. Guitar player, Porcell was so fucking into it. Never in my life have I seen a guitar player play with so much happiness. I was bummed I missed Judge a few months ago. But im so fucking glad I saw them this time.
Set:
Fed Up!
Take Me Away
Bringin' It Down
In My Way
Hear Me
Like You
Give It Up
The Storm II
Forget This Time
Hold Me Back
I've Lost
Warriors (Blitz cover)
Where It Went
New York Crew

The moment finally came. Gorilla Biscuits who dont come to Cali that much returned(luckily it didnt sell out quick like last time). 3 dudes came to do the trumpet intro and and kids were already stage diving to that. Civ came out and gave out one of the best frontman performances ever. He was singing into the mic with people left on right jumping on the stage screaming along and jumping off. There wasnt one person in that room singing along and we were all having the times of our lives. Singing a long to "Big Mouth" and "Biscuit Power" in the top of your lungs is a great feeling. Jumping off stage to "Hold Your Ground" is even better. They played most of their discography including the Buzzcocks cover,Minor Threats cover of "Good Guys don't wear White" and Porcell(Judge,Youth Of Today,Project X) went on stage to sing a Project X song with them. (GB's bass player was also in Project X). And like the videos ive seen all Porcell does is hold the mic into the audience cause we all know the lyrics to Project X. They were going to play "Straight Edge Revenge" and literately last second(after kids started crowed surfing for it) they went with "Dance Floor Justice." So I kinda saw Project X. It was great and GB ended with Start Today. It was a great set and every single band kicked ass. I just wished they played "Finish What You Started". Go see all 5 bands if you can. Especially GB and Judge. SxE HxC at its best.
Set:
New Direction
Stand Still
Degradation
Things We Say
High Hopes
Good Intentions
Big Mouth
No Reason Why
Forgotten
Sitting Around at Home (Buzzcocks cover)
Biscuit Power
Time Flies
Hold Your Ground
Two Sides
Slut
Do Something
Cats and Dogs
Good Guys (Don't Wear White) (The Standells cover)
Dance Floor Justice (Project X cover with Porcell on vocals. Kinda)
Competition
Start Today
10/31-King Diamond
Old 03-25-2014, 01:45 AM
Altars of Radness

Sounds like an awesome show. That's cool they got the barrier taken out! It wouldn't be the same with one.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

This sounds like a wet dream.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 AM
N00B

Damn, this show sounds like it ruled. I've been able to see most of the classic 80s hardcore bands but not Gorilla Biscuits.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Crucial Mosh Achieved

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
This sounds like a wet dream.
Agreed!

Tags
gorilla biscuits, judge