Satan -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 17th, 2014
Deicide -- Kansas City, MO -- October 17th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Album Reviews

Old 04-05-2014, 06:34 AM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

74.Queen - Queen II

Place on original list: 49
Place on revised list: 46

Queen's first entry in my list of top 100 albums, is one that is definitely a metal record and probably one of the first metal records ever made.The many different vocal and guitar parts that Queen is known for is taken to the extreme on this album.All four players are incredibly talented at what they do.Brian May has shredding guitars aplenty, Freddie Mercury gives stellar vocal performances, Roger Taylor pounds on the drums, and John Deacon's awesome skill at the bass is shown on this album as well.Highlights include possibly the first speed metal song ever "Ogre Battle", the bombastic epic "The March Of The Black Queen", and the tragically underrated "The Ferry Feller's Master-Stroke".This isn't Queen's best album, but it sure comes close.

Favorite song: The Ferry Feller's Master-Stroke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcM-GfmX4O4
Old 04-05-2014, 02:56 PM

73.Winger - In The Heart Of The Young

Place on original list: 65
Place on revised list: 61

To this day I remember when my friend let my listen to "In The Day We'll Never See" when I was 9, and ever since then I loved this album.It was my favorite album at that time of my life, and still holds it's place as one of my favorite albums of all time.The guitar playing is outstanding on this album, courtesy of Reb Beach and Paul Taylor.Both guitar players were my favorites as a kid.The standouts are the extremely underrated "In The Day We'll Never See", the guitar shredding assault that is "Baptized By Fire", and the power ballad "Miles Away". A solid glam metal album that surpasses their debut by leaps and bounds.

Favorite song: In The Day We'll Never See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-pHf5wdf4
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM

72.Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

Place on original list: 40
Place on revised list: 36

Ratt was one of the first bands to appear out of the LA glam metal scene, and also one of the first glam metal bands I ever listened to, so expect at least one more album from them on this list.All five members of this group are some of the best of what they do.Stephen Pearcy has a unique vocal tone that sounds off-key at times but for some reason sounds incredibly awesome.Bobby Blotzer kicks on the drums just as good as any great drummer out there.Juan Croucier does what is needed and provides a great rhythm for the rest of the band.Both Warren DeMartini and Robin Crosby are some of the best guitar players in the world IMO.Standouts from this glam metal classic include driving opener "Wanted Man", the underrated rocker "The Morning After", and my favorite, the heavy metal assault "I'm Insane".

Favorite song: I'm Insane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnW_bqy8gYs
Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 AM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
72.Ratt - Out Of The Cellar

Place on original list: 40
Place on revised list: 36

Ratt was one of the first bands to appear out of the LA glam metal scene, and also one of the first glam metal bands I ever listened to, so expect at least one more album from them on this list.All five members of this group are some of the best of what they do.Stephen Pearcy has a unique vocal tone that sounds off-key at times but for some reason sounds incredibly awesome.Bobby Blotzer kicks on the drums just as good as any great drummer out there.Juan Croucier does what is needed and provides a great rhythm for the rest of the band.Both Warren DeMartini and Robin Crosby are some of the best guitar players in the world IMO.Standouts from this glam metal classic include driving opener "Wanted Man", the underrated rocker "The Morning After", and my favorite, the heavy metal assault "I'm Insane".

Favorite song: I'm Insane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnW_bqy8gYs
This one and Invasion of Your Privacy are fucking great.
11/7 Weekend Nachos
11/14 Decapitated ?
11/15 Eyehategod ?
11/21 Foxy Shazam ?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 AM

71.At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul

Place on original list: None
Place on revised list: None

This is definitely the harshest I get when it comes to music. The very extreme growls tend to get overbearing to me some times, but I always keep coming back to this album. The music is VERY good and it's melodic enough to drag my attention away from the vocals when they can be to much. This pretty much stands as At The Gates best album, and it's also pretty much the only one I like. The album artwork is also epic and one of the reasons why I checked this one out in the first place.

Favorite song: Slaughter Of The Soul https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...yer_detailpage

Last edited by TheWildAndTheYoung; 04-09-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 AM
...the dead are among us!

Old 04-09-2014, 07:46 AM

70.Bryan Adams - Reckless

Place on original list: 27

Bryan Adams is probably not one that many people will like around here.But to me he is extremely great.His vocals are very unique and cool, as well as his piano and guitar playing abilities.Now as for the rest of the musicians, they are WAY to many to list here, so I'm just going to not go through every person that plays on this record.The drums are solid, the bass is nothing extraordinary, and the backing vocals are strong.This is definitely Bryan Adams at his best, and everyone should listen to it if you like 80's AOR.Summer Of '69 (though good), is probably the worst song on the album, so if you don't listen to it because of that, you are really missing out.Highlights include the rocker "Kids Wanna Rock", the best of the six smash hits on this record "Somebody", and the best Bryan Adams song of all time, "She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'", that has one catchy guitar riff.

Favorite song: She's Only Happy When She's Dancin' http://grooveshark.com/s/She+s+Only+...n/2Mymsr?src=5
Old 04-10-2014, 06:52 AM

69.Survivor - Vital Signs

Place on revised list: 74

Survivor to me is an often overlooked band. Sure, everyone knows "Eye Of The Tiger" and "Burning Heart", but I never here anyone talking about them besides those two songs. It's quite odd considering how big of a success this album was, and it's definitely the best they have ever released. Having three great, high charting singles (the insanely catchy "High On You" and "Can't Hold Back", and the power ballad "The Search Is Over") makes me wonder why this isn't given more attention. It's not just the singles that make this record either, the rest of the album is filled with hooky melodic rock that will get stuck in your head forever ("It's The Singer, Not The Song" and "First Night" are my two favorites). This record is classic 80's AOR, and should definitely be given another look for any fans of the genre.

Favorite song: First Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=lfrzCanrH14
Old 04-11-2014, 07:00 AM

68.Anberlin - Cities

I'm not an overall "fan" of alternative rock, except for Switchfoot and Anberlin. Anberlin to me is the best alternative rock band, because their songs are extremely hooky and yet still focus on great, thick, sometimes heavy guitar riffs. The album starts off with "(Debut)" which is the perfect intro into the track that the band have yet to best "Godspeed", a fast paced epic feeling rocker. The band's more rock side is shown best in tracks like "A Whisper & A Clamor" and "Reclusion", while songs like "Adelaide" and "Inevitable" showcase the band's pop side. The album closes with the epic "(*Fin)", possibly the band's definitive closing song. Even though the band's past three albums are also very very good, they have yet to beat this record. It seems like they never will since they are calling quits this year.

Favorite song: "Godspeed" https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iBSevoUYwz4
Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Anberlin and Slaughter of the Soul

Why do you keep putting none for revised list? Is this not your revised list!?