ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-25-2014, 04:03 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Teaser post for the final 3 games!

28. A very well known franchise, and a game that I feel is waaaaaaaaay too underrated. Didn't get to play it a whole lot since my Wii got stolen, but the amount I did play was worth it.

29. A game that will be no surprise to anyone, but such an amazing game from beginning to end, and everything in between.

30. A game from a very well known franchise, again. This game was just so amazing and groudbreaking for said franchise, so many people loved it, yet it is SOOOOO overlooked and forgotten about in todays day.
Since this list is so similar to mine I'm going to say:
28. Mass Effect 3

29. Knights of the Old Republic

30. Final Fantasy XII
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-25-2014, 04:44 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Not quite

28. Super Paper Mario

It has been quite a while since I have played this gem, and sadly, my memory of a lot of it is escaping me at the moment, other then the fact that it was AMAZINGLY FUN FOR ALL AGES. I was never into the Paper Mario series at all, I always thought it seemed rather bland or just childish (I was at THAT age, so when this was first released I didn't care. Through friends and the interwebz I heard that it was an insanely fun game, so I figured "Eh, what da heck? I'll give 'er a spin!" And I am sure glad that I did.

This game is kinda like Fez in a way, where you can switch the camera angle/perspective around and what not. It takes place in a mostly 2D world, but when you flip the view point, the once 2D world now turns into a 3D styled platformer, and sometimes revealing hidden items and enemies and doors and and and. The whole "changing the perspective" thing really made this game have a nice feeling of new, fresh, and exciting. I didn't get TOO far in it, but the small time I spent playing it was just SO AMAZING, and the RPG aspect of it is great. Gotta love them Mario RPG's !

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

The first time I ever saw anyone play Paper Mario, I was really high and it blew my freaking mind.
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased
10/18 Satan
Old 03-26-2014, 11:14 AM

29. Final Fantasy VII

The game that I thought wouldn't be too big of a surprise to everyone, and the game that got me involved in the Final Fantasy series (I saw 3 on the SNES when I was super young, but it did not look very interesting to me, at the time) and the game that made me LOOOOOVE some RPG's. I first saw this game when my friends older brother was playing it, and he used the Ifrit summon and I was HOOKED. I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I rented the game not long after, got decently far, but had no memory card to sive my files . I still have never beaten this game, but the amount of times I have played through it is up there!

I saw an add on Facebook about this game being downloadable for only $10, so I downloaded this game on my laptop about 1.5 years ago and been slooooowly working my way through it again, but mainly grinding levels

Everything about this game is what I love about video games: A deep story, Interesting characters, easy-ish to pick up and play, and a great world to explore and find all of it's hidden mysteries! Not much more can be said about this game that hasn't already been said numeous times since it's initial release, but it still lives up to today as one of my most favorite video games of all time!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-26-2014, 11:18 AM
That Guy

I remember getting FF7 for Christmas that year. I remember getting it from Santa and when I opened it up it had a Gigantic Target sticker on it and my dad looks me straight in the eye and says, :If you still believe in Santa....Uhh....well even he has to shop at Target during the Holidays."

Also that year when we left out Milk and cookies, there was a full glass of milk, no cookies and an empty beer can left in it's place.

But back to the game, I never made it past disc 2. It was way too hard for me at the time.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:44 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Had I done a top thirty instead of a top twenty-five Final Fantasy VII probably been in there. I playing it for the first time in ten year last year and I'd forgotten how dark the story is. Definitely the darkest Final Fantasy. The only problem it really has now is that it looks TERRIBLE. But the story was great, the characters were good, Tifas boobs were massive and the music was awesome.

I always say that it's not my favorite Final Fantasy but I agree that it is probably the best Final Fantasy.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-26-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I remember getting FF7 for Christmas that year. I remember getting it from Santa and when I opened it up it had a Gigantic Target sticker on it and my dad looks me straight in the eye and says, :If you still believe in Santa....Uhh....well even he has to shop at Target during the Holidays."

Also that year when we left out Milk and cookies, there was a full glass of milk, no cookies and an empty beer can left in it's place.

But back to the game, I never made it past disc 2. It was way too hard for me at the time.
We always left cookies and beer out for Santa at my house
Disc 2 was a BIATCH. I remember how happy I was that summer day when I beat disc 1.... and then the singer of my band at the time got in a car accident right outside my house....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Had I done a top thirty instead of a top twenty-five Final Fantasy VII probably been in there. I playing it for the first time in ten year last year and I'd forgotten how dark the story is. Definitely the darkest Final Fantasy. The only problem it really has now is that it looks TERRIBLE. But the story was great, the characters were good, Tifas boobs were massive and the music was awesome.

I always say that it's not my favorite Final Fantasy but I agree that it is probably the best Final Fantasy.
HA! Yeah, it's waaaaaaaay too Polygon-y, but still good, for its time at least. FFVIII definitely stepped up the graphics, though . The download I got has a smoother look to it, which kinda takes away from what I am used to.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM

I wanted to make you all wait in suspense for the last game on my list... which is in no way the BEST game, as this was one of my famous IN NO ORDER lists... but I figured I'll just post it and get it out of the way so I can relax

30. Super Mario RPG

5 years after Super Mario World took over living rooms across the world... and about 6+ months after Yoshi's Island... came one of the greatest and most overlooked (IMO) games on the SNES, and possibly ever.... Super Mario RPG!

This game put you in a whole new story where Bowser is not your enemy, and in fact, joins your party as you and your group take on an amazing adventure to take out the Smithy Gang! The game play mechanics and control scheme took a little to get used to, but once you got it down the game was just unquestionably fun from start to finish! The graphics, story, characters (new and old) were just top notch, and who would have thought that Mario would be able to take what Final Fantasy had made it's name for doing, and that's making amazing RPG's. I didn't know much back then, but this game was, and still is, one of the best and most entertaining games on the SNES.

I really loved the character they made for this game, Geno. He was so awesome, but so dark just by how he looks, really reminds me of Vincent from Final Fantasy VII. Anyways, I don't know what else to say, but if you haven't played this game (or the later Paper Mario series) then please do yourself a favor and check it out! It's on the Wii Virtual Console, and I really want to buy a Wii again JUST so I can play this.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-26-2014, 07:50 PM
That Guy

Killer list all the way through!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:16 PM

Thanks for checking out my list, guys! Hope you all enjoyed it and hopefully it brought back even more nostalgia that the other threads didn't bring

Here is List of all the games for those who don't want to scroll through....

1. Rock n Roll Racing (SNES)
2. Theme Park Roller Coaster (PS2)
3. Frequency (PS2)
4. Twisted Metal 2 (PS)
5. Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (N64)
6. Peggle (XBLA)
7. Driver 2 (PS)
8. Tetris (Gameboy)
9. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest (SNES)
10. Halo 3 (360)
11. WrestleMania 2000/No Mercy (N64)
12. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
13. Crazy Taxi (PS2)
14. Resident Evil 2 (PS)
15. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
16. Pure (360)
17. Mega Man X (SNES)
18. The Sims (PC)
19. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
20. Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 (PS2)
21. Batman Arkham Asylum/City
22. Final Fantasy IV (DS)
23. Lego Batman (360)
24. Rock Band 2 (360)
25. Mortal Kombat (numerous)
26. Red Dead Redemption (360)
27. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2 + 360)
28. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
29. Final Fantasy VII (PS)
30. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

Here are some honorable mentions!
- Pokemon Heart Gold / Platinum (DS)
Heart Gold took one of the better "classics" and totally pimped it out! Platinum just had an awesome storyline and a great world to explore.

- Fez (360)
One of the most mind bending puzzle/platformers ever. Almost made the list.

- Super Star Wars (series) (SNES)
A hard as hell series, I hated it so much that I loved it. Goddamn vehicle levels...

- Batman Returns (SNES)
A lot of people prefer the Genesis version, but the SNES version was just so fun with amazing replay value! Great beat 'em up!

- Beavis and Butthead (SNES)
Beavis and Butthead go from level to level to make it to a GWAR show... this couldn't have been posted at a better time . This game was just stupid fun.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com