Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-23-2014, 10:59 AM
SADISTIC, MAGICIAN

Arkham games are among my favorites of the generation just gone! So much fun!
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 AM
That Guy

I haven't been able to keep up in the last few days but hot damn, great minds think alike. if I was to put together a list like this, 90% of them would be the same ones.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:31 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
The Chrono Trigger port is a little weak (bad lag and some pointless anime scenes) but it's worth having and a lot more affordable than buying an SNES copy off eBay.
I think one of my main praises about FFIV on the DS was because it was Final Fantasy on the go. You could take it anywhere and play and it wasn't a small tiny game. Took it on tour with me once and definitely made the drive much more enjoyable! Will look into that split PSX release though, sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrimental View Post
Arkham games are among my favorites of the generation just gone! So much fun!
Definitely! So much time can be killed gliding around and finding all the little references to everything. Really bummed that "Arkham Knight" is only going to be a next gen release

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF View Post
I haven't been able to keep up in the last few days but hot damn, great minds think alike. if I was to put together a list like this, 90% of them would be the same ones.
Ha! That's a ding! Good to hear that my choices are matching up with others' . I think you guys will really like the last little bundle of games i'll be posting

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

You're right, the only reason I ever played FFIV on the DS was because my wife was in the hospital with our first son. I had to stay up all night and it came in handy.

DS and PSP have had some decent Final Fantasy titles I've always wanted to play but I need something like a childbirth or a long trip to play them. And I'm not doing any of those again any time soon.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-23-2014, 05:55 PM

23. Lego Batman

Already hinted at this being on my list in another thread, so might as well get it out of the way! I was never a huge fan of the "Lego" video game series. They were fun, but just never could see myself getting married to them. I played Lego Star Wars a few times with my little brother, and that was all. Lego Batman came bundled with my Xbox 360, and I was a bit disappointed that it didn't come with a (at the moment) better game... but I still checked it out.... and it ended up being one of the funnest video games I had ever put in my console!

It's a very easy pick up and play for all ages, but has a ton of collectables and puzzles to keep even the most mature of gamers interested in it! I loved that after you beat the game you can, well... HAVE TO, go back in free play and swap characters/suits to get certain red bricks and mini-kits. Just SOOOOO much replay value for this game. I got stuck a few times, not really being sure what to do to advance inthe level, or how to accomplish a certain goal without throwing my controller through the TV, but aside from those VERY FEW moments, this was an all around fun, and goofy, game.... and one of the very few games that I actually put effort into 100%ing. I felt a bit lost after completing it since I put so much time after work into it (when I could have been drumming....), but so many fond memories!

And may I add, the driving and flying levels were just SOOO FUN. Infinite ammo = MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-24-2014, 12:47 PM

24. Rock Band 2

I was soooo stoked when the first Rock Band was originally announced, it was about time they give us drummers a game that we can play, and not just pay attention to the guitarists with the Guitar Hero series! Very amazing first game, cool songs, but certainly missing something... and that something was the amazingness that Rock Band 2 brought!

World Tour mode was so fun, especially since it could be done solo, or as a whole band. The ability to go to new cities and play random setlists or customise your own set was just so exhilarating! I made sure that everyone in the world (wide web) knew about my band, "Love Cannon Surprise!". The song list was even better than the first one, and all the DLC that came out during the era of this game were just... WOW. The Earache Thrash Pack still goes down as one of my most favorite DLC bundles to come out for this game, as well as The Who and Iron Maiden packs! Rock Band 3 seemed to be lacking a bit and just didn't have the same "go back and play it again, for fun" feeling that RB2 had.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM

25. Mortal Kombat

Ok, I am going to be a bit of a cheater here for Mortal Kombat.... I grew up with this series, and there are just too many games in it that I actually REALLY fucking enjoyed to the point where I just cannot put one on the list... so here is a list of the games from the series that I liked the most!

Mortal Kombat: Trilogy - All of the characters together in one game was so AMAZING! I always loved going through 8 player kombat and then watching the Fatality videos and what not. So many hours spent on this.... AND YOU CAN PLAY AS THE BOSSES (without cheat codes).

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - MK4 really failed at the whole 3D environment thing, so I was worried about MKA..... but omfg it was amazing! The ability to "ring out" your opponents and just give a total 3D beat down was so fun!

Mortal Kombat: Deception - The reason I loved this game so much was because of its Konquest mode. I hated Shujinko, but I LOVED the fact you could go between worlds and run into all the other characters and find secrets and and and and.... just a very all around fun game!

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - MK as a 3D beat 'em up.... what else could one ask for? Many hours were spent on this due to how fun it was. Endless supply of time can be spent on it!

Mortal Kombat: Ermahgerdern - EVERY Mortal Kombat character together... it's like Trilogy, but in 3D and with EVEN MORE Characters. Really loved seeing how the guys from MK4 would look in a new and updated environment.

Mortal Kombat (2011 or whatevs) - The story mode in this game was great. It played out as a movie and at times I got bummed when I HAD to fight

So there ya go guys, a quick run down of my favorite MK games! I really could not pick only one... I had to do multiple because each one really has its own character to it. I know I omitted MK, MKII, and MK3, but I feel that all 3 of those can be put together in MK Trilogy.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com

Last edited by John The Drummer; 03-24-2014 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:17 PM

Three words that made Rockband 2 such a winner: NO. FAIL. MODE. Nothing beat watching my wife struggle through Sabotage by the Beastie Boys.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
Old 03-24-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
Three words that made Rockband 2 such a winner: NO. FAIL. MODE. Nothing beat watching my wife struggle through Sabotage by the Beastie Boys.
Hahaha, I always felt really ashamed of myself if I ever had to turn no fail mode on

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-24-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
Hahaha, I always felt really ashamed of myself if I ever had to turn no fail mode on
Fukk dat shit. It was all in the name of fun...and seeing my wife get 3%.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend