Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

DragonForce -- Aberdeen, Scotland - September 18th, 2014
Electric Light Orchestra -- London, England -- September 14th, 2014
Skeletonwitch -- West Springfield, VA -- September 12th, 2014
KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

19. Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Best Zelda game ever... and I will fight anyone who says differently! I know a lot of people prefer the N64 Zelda games, but this was the game that I remember spending hours and hours on, not even advancing in the game at all, but just simply exploring and seeing if I could find anything hidden that no one knew about. The whole Light World/Dark World concept was amazing, and that final fight with Ganon in the pyramid was so epic and stressful that I played it over and over and over just to do it! I can't say much more that hasn't been said already.... this game is just so amazing and some of the puzzles will keep you thinking for hours!

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 05:01 PM

20. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

The THPS series was groundbreaking in the sports genre, and video games in general. The first game was just like non other, and I had no idea how it would ever be improved. Really, every game had it's own charm, but THPS3 stood out the most. The soundtrack alone kept me coming back; AFI, CKY, Redman, Motorhead, this game had it all! It also had my most favorite level, Skater Island! That level was so awesome as it was an indoor skate park with so many lines you could come up with, the options were endless!

THPS4 moved into a different style having more "GTA" type objectives (meaning, you explored the world freely and came upon goals). The Underground series was really close to making this list, but it just missed that charm that THPS3 brought to the table.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM

21. Batman Arkham Asylum/City

I REALLY hate putting up multiple games from a series.... but how could I not when it came to these two perfect games? Like most games of this generation, I put off playing Arkham Asylum for a very long time. I was watching random video game reviews and saw videos of it and though "WOW! That looks like a really fun game, I wanna check it out." My little brother had a copy of it, so I borrowed it... and from the first second

This was the Batman game I ALWAYS wanted to play! Fun control, great control, amaaaaaaaaaazing boss fights (the Scarecrow battles, nothing like that in any other game). The Riddler Trophies pissed me off at times... well, all the time, but that didn't make me think any less of the game. How could they possibly one up themselves and make something of the same caliber?..... they did.

I went and bought Arkham City right away and was so hooked from the first cutscene. This game also has what is considered to be one of the best boss fights ever, that being the battle with Mr. Freeze. You can only hurt him with a certain attack/trap once, after that you will have to do something else, which keeps your mind working and makes you really think fast about how you are going to attack him next. I could have done without the Catwomen chapters that came with the GOTY version, especially when playing on "New Game +" mode, but other than that this game is so amazing, and so dramatic!

Games from this gen do not do much for me, but these two are just so stunning and so amazing!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 09:01 PM
N00B

What'd you think of the Harley Quinn's revenge DLC, since you have the GOTY edition.
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 03-22-2014, 09:02 PM
N00B

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
The first Twisted Metal wasn't bad, had some cool characters and cool levels, but TM2 definitely was the shining gem in the series!

I haven't played the PS3 one yet, I am not sure how I feel about it since there doesn't seem to be many characters, but I reeeeeeaally want to give it a chance since it's Twisted Metal... and Twisted Metal Black kicked so much ass!
Yeah there aren't characters so much as they're just different cars you can choose from. The story mode has you play as Sweet Tooth, Mr. Grimm, and Dollface. In fact I still haven't finished the last chapter of Dollface's story in the pinball machine because I don't know what the fuck to do.
12/27 - Protest the Hero
Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
What'd you think of the Harley Quinn's revenge DLC, since you have the GOTY edition.
It was good, I really liked playing as Robin and using all of his gadgets, but it could have been A LOT longer. Was a bit of a let down with how short it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
Yeah there aren't characters so much as they're just different cars you can choose from. The story mode has you play as Sweet Tooth, Mr. Grimm, and Dollface. In fact I still haven't finished the last chapter of Dollface's story in the pinball machine because I don't know what the fuck to do.
I'm sure it's a good game if you look passed the small amount of characters and just focus on the story. Twisted Metal always had a great way to tell a story, even in Twisted Metal 4!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-23-2014, 08:52 AM

22. Final Fantasy IV (DS)

I may get some heat for this, but I never played the original version on the SNES, and only played the updated version that was released on the Nintendo DS.... I'm sorry.... but I could get lost in this game for hours upon hours! The characters and plot and fighting mechanics are just amazing, and even though many people hated them, I loved all the cutscenes they put into this game. The current FF games really need to go back and look at these to see what made them so great (and try not to make it seem too dated...) Anways, I got this game one sunny Summer day and didn't think I would spend much time on it, but I was wrong, I spent almost every night leveling up my characters and trying to build the strongest party that I could! I ended up getting stuck at a boss and tried and tried and tried to beat it.... and then my DS got stolen when I was at a concert. End of story.

I really want to go buy another DS and try again at this game. All the time I put into it and all the patience I had searching for every hidden item and what not really needs to pay off some how. I'll give the original a swing one of these days, but as of right now, this is what I like

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-23-2014, 09:31 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
22. Final Fantasy IV (DS)

I may get some heat for this, but I never played the original version on the SNES, and only played the updated version that was released on the Nintendo DS.... I'm sorry.... but I could get lost in this game for hours upon hours! The characters and plot and fighting mechanics are just amazing, and even though many people hated them, I loved all the cutscenes they put into this game. The current FF games really need to go back and look at these to see what made them so great (and try not to make it seem too dated...) Anways, I got this game one sunny Summer day and didn't think I would spend much time on it, but I was wrong, I spent almost every night leveling up my characters and trying to build the strongest party that I could! I ended up getting stuck at a boss and tried and tried and tried to beat it.... and then my DS got stolen when I was at a concert. End of story.

I really want to go buy another DS and try again at this game. All the time I put into it and all the patience I had searching for every hidden item and what not really needs to pay off some how. I'll give the original a swing one of these days, but as of right now, this is what I like
If I were you I'd scrap buying the DS and buy a Playstation (or a PS2 or PS3 that's backwards comparable). Then buy the Final Fantasy Chronicles set that came out in the early 2000's. You get the SNES port of this game plus Chrono Trigger. I didn't like the DS remake but FFIV is something I grew up with. AND CHANGE IS BAD.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Old 03-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
If I were you I'd scrap buying the DS and buy a Playstation (or a PS2 or PS3 that's backwards comparable). Then buy the Final Fantasy Chronicles set that came out in the early 2000's. You get the SNES port of this game plus Chrono Trigger. I didn't like the DS remake but FFIV is something I grew up with. AND CHANGE IS BAD.
That sounds awesome! I sure wouldn't mind owning Chrono Trigger again
Strongly been considering buying a PS2 again, so many great games on that!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
That sounds awesome! I sure wouldn't mind owning Chrono Trigger again
Strongly been considering buying a PS2 again, so many great games on that!
The Chrono Trigger port is a little weak (bad lag and some pointless anime scenes) but it's worth having and a lot more affordable than buying an SNES copy off eBay.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy