Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Raven -- Fullerton, CA -- October 23rd, 2014
King Diamond -- Denver, CO -- October 24th, 2014
Pallbearer -- Toronto, Ontario -- October 24th, 2014
Judas Priest -- Evansville, IN -- October 22nd, 2014
Pearl Jam -- Denver, CO -- October 22nd, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
I got jumped by 2 thugs... they told me my battery was dead.

13. Crazy Taxi

If you missed out on this game... well... you really missed out. Originally an arcade title, then ported to the Dreamcast, then to the PS2 and Gamecube (I only ever played it on PS2). This game was just simple fun and chaos. You are a taxi driver going around the levels taking people to their destinations and trying to find the best way to get there. The soundtrack was so fun with The Offspring and Bad Religion playing as you race through the streets.

I think my favorite memory of this game would be the Mini-games in it, especially the Bowling level. So much fun, yet so frustrating that it kept making you come back to improve your score or just complete the mini-game in general.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Final game for the night...

14. Resident Evil 2

Aww yes, I remember seeing this game in Gamepro magazine and thinking it looked so awesome, so I went to Blockbuster one weekend, rented it.... AND ABSOLUTELY HATED IT! I thought the controls sucked, the whole fixed camera was frustrating, and I had no idea how to shoot my gun.... fast forward a few months later when I am watching my friend play it... and I am hooked. The story, and action, the plot twists, the monsters... and the ability to play through the other characters scenario after you completed yours (I can't think of many games that take advantage of this).

I ended up getting my own copy of it and fell in love with the game... I loved all the characters and just everything about it. Still had to use Gameshark to make it through most of the game, but it was amazingly fun .

Favorite Moment? : Seeing Mr. X for the first time and running like a scared little bitch due to how huge he is

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Close your eyes forget your name

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
13. Crazy Taxi

If you missed out on this game... well... you really missed out. Originally an arcade title, then ported to the Dreamcast, then to the PS2 and Gamecube (I only ever played it on PS2). This game was just simple fun and chaos. You are a taxi driver going around the levels taking people to their destinations and trying to find the best way to get there. The soundtrack was so fun with The Offspring and Bad Religion playing as you race through the streets.

I think my favorite memory of this game would be the Mini-games in it, especially the Bowling level. So much fun, yet so frustrating that it kept making you come back to improve your score or just complete the mini-game in general.

I only played this with friends at an arcade but yes very fun I loved flying over hills and hitting a few people in the street along the way
11/19- Judas Priest
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Half way there with this post!

15. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I have always been a huge fan of the GTA series, every game is near perfection, so it was sooooo hard for me to choose just ONE to put on this list. I was introduced to the series with GTA III, I remember being so confused with the no title screen thing, but such a groundbreaking game and memorable story (and the "Stories" ports were fun as well). GTA: San Andreas was just epic, I never thought such a huge game and map would ever be on the PS2,.nd the characters were so fun. GTAIV felt a bit stale at times, but I still really loved the story line, characters (Brucie) and the "Episodes of Liberty City" were SOOO amazing. GTA: Chinatown Wars was just straight up fun with the top down perspective and drug dealing mini games. GTAV.... just near perfection with all the characters, the multiplayer, and gameplay... I just found myself getting lost as to WTF is going on in the story!??!!? And then there is Vice City.....

Vice City was stunning; The addition of motorcycles, the whole 80s vibe, the soundtrack , the rise to power, I can't think of a single negative thing about this game! Who didn't enjoy chopping people up with the chainsaw? Who didn't enjoy throwing a grenade in the middle of The Malibu? Sure, the world wasn't that big, but it definitely made up for it with everything you could do! I really hope GTA VI takes place back in Vice City!

On a side note, this game introduced me to Slayer and Anthrax, and even to this day, when "You've Got Another Thing Comin" comes on while I am driving (IRL) I get a HUUUUUUGE grin on my face. Such great memories!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 PM
N00B

Quote:
4. Twisted Metal 2

Oh what happened to this series? It sure has had its ups and downs (Twisted Metal 4, anyone? It wasn't bad... just.... so odd) but the second release of the series definitely brought out the best! Twisted Metal Black was a great return to form, and just missed being the game representing the series on my list, but nothing can beat TM2! The graphics sucked, the controls were a bit whacky, and the sound was soooooo distorted at times, but this game just had "it". Interesting characters? Check. Great storyline? More or less, check. The adrenaline rush you get when you are about to sink and die in the ice level? HUGE CHECK. I can't say I ever played this game without God Mode turned on (Hold all the top buttons, up, down, left, right, right, left, down, up) but that did not affect the experience at all. Fun from beginning to end! ..... and Calypso is an asshole!

HOLY FUCK HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS POST BEFORE.

And Yes Twisted Metal II is definitely the best of the PS1 titles (though I never played the first one for some reason...). Have you played the latest one for PS3?
Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthG View Post
HOLY FUCK HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS POST BEFORE.

And Yes Twisted Metal II is definitely the best of the PS1 titles (though I never played the first one for some reason...). Have you played the latest one for PS3?
The first Twisted Metal wasn't bad, had some cool characters and cool levels, but TM2 definitely was the shining gem in the series!

I haven't played the PS3 one yet, I am not sure how I feel about it since there doesn't seem to be many characters, but I reeeeeeaally want to give it a chance since it's Twisted Metal... and Twisted Metal Black kicked so much ass!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-21-2014, 05:24 PM

16. Pure

An ATV Racing game on my list? I never thought I'd see the day, but Pure definitely brings a very nice charm to the sport! I got this game when I bought my second 360 (came bundled with this and Lego Batman), but I never really cared to give this game a chance for quite a while. One day when I was home I decided "Meh... I'll put it in and see how it is"... and there ya go. This game is just sooooo fun on so many levels! You can do tricks (each set of tricks has a certain level, so you have to do a lot to build up your Special meter), you can race, and you can customize your own ATV. As I said, I never thought that I would be so involved in an ATV racing game, but this one is just amazingly fun. I can still put it in and have a blast.... I guess it's kinda like Mario Kart Wii for me, but only more mature

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-21-2014, 06:53 PM

17. Mega Man X

One of the first SNES games that I owned that was MY OWN and not a hand me down from my older brother. I was still a baby when the original Mega Man series came out and really only played Mega Man 3, 6, 7, and 8, so when I heard about Mega Man X during my superhero/Power Ranger phase how could I resist!? Everything in this game, and first half of the series really, was so memorable! Collecting the upgrades was a rush, and Zero was such a kick ass character to have as Mega Man X's side kick! Who could forget the awesome soundtrack!? So much 16-bit Metal goodness, such as the the Storm Eagle stage music! I may have spent more time playing Mega Man X4 (Zero as a main character and awesome cut scenes? Yes!) but this definitely started it all for me!

Does anyone remember the Mega Man cartoon? I hope I wasn't the only one who marked out when X, Vile, and Spark Mandrill made an appearance!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 10:28 AM

18. The Sims

Who isn't tired of living their own life? Getting up in the morning, going to work, coming home, making dinner, going to sleep, repeat.... so why control someone else's life? I cannot count the hours I spent on this game as a young kid, inserting the cheat non-stop to get tons of money so I can make the perfect house... and then not knowing what to do with the huge house that I did end up making . Hopefully I am not the only one who put a fireplace right next to a bunch of lamps and then deleted all the doors ...

Anyway, this game was awesome, maybe not as memorable as Sim City was, but the amount you could do in this game was so great, especially when all the expansion packs came out! Going Downtown was always a fun time!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-22-2014, 10:33 AM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
18. The Sims

Who isn't tired of living their own life? Getting up in the morning, going to work, coming home, making dinner, going to sleep, repeat.... so why control someone else's life? I cannot count the hours I spent on this game as a young kid, inserting the cheat non-stop to get tons of money so I can make the perfect house... and then not knowing what to do with the huge house that I did end up making . Hopefully I am not the only one who put a fireplace right next to a bunch of lamps and then deleted all the doors ...

Anyway, this game was awesome, maybe not as memorable as Sim City was, but the amount you could do in this game was so great, especially when all the expansion packs came out! Going Downtown was always a fun time!
Fucking Sims. That game came out right when I was finishing college. Thank god it wasn't earlier or I never would have finished college. I remember playing it on my 486 laptop. So choppy but I still just had to play.
03/07 - Video Games Live