Ace Frehley -- Uncasville, CT -- November 21st, 2014
Nuclear War Now! Fest IV -- Berlin, Germany -- November 7-8th, 2014
Deafheaven -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 21st, 2014
Threshold -- London, England -- November 20th, 2014

Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > General Chat > Video Games

Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

9. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest

The first Donkey Kong Country was an amazing and groundbreaking platformer for the SNES, but DKC2 stepped it up even more! The level's just had more to look at, the bosses were one part frustrating and one part fun/mind bending, and the gameplay just felt more fun and complete! I wanted to put all three of the SNES DK's as this post, but I spent most of my time playing this one, even if DK3 had more to collect and more to do. Just a very memorable game for all the right reasons.... and Funky Kong is THE SHIT.

- Funeral Age
facebook.com/funeralageofficial
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
7. Driver 2

Before Grand Theft Auto took over the world, we had a great series called Driver! I remember getting a demo disc of the first Driver in the mail and totally falling in love with it. Sure you couldn't get out of your car, but it was fun to run from the cops and break the law. In the year 2000 a sequel to Driver came out, and it was leaps and bounds ahead of the original with the ability to get out of your car and high-jack others cars! The graphics weren't that great, but the story line was just amazing, plus, this was pre-GTA so the ability to high jack cars on the road was amazing!
Both D1 & D2 were awesome as hell.

.....Then Driv3r came out and it was more awful than the illegitimate love child of Illud Divinum Insanus and Super Collider.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:25 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Driver! I totally forgot about that game... I used to play the SHIT out of it! Unfortunately I think I only played the second one a handful of times and don't remember much about it. I do remember loving the fact that you could get out and jack cars though.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:30 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
Both D1 & D2 were awesome as hell.

.....Then Driv3r came out and it was more awful than the illegitimate love child of Illud Divinum Insanus and Super Collider.
Driv3r definitely wasn't the best. It had it's moments, but was so buggy. Definitely was trying to be a GTA clone by then, but as stated, the first two were just so awesome!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

10. Halo 3

I cannot even begin to count how many hours I spent on this game, and how many late nights I spent playing this with my friends! I used to stay up until at least 2am almost every night doing forge and team slayer, and man, I really wish I could have that time back .... but it was fun. Halo Reach and Halo 4 were both kick ass games, and i felt a bit more polished and maybe even a little more fun than Halo 3 was, but this was the first Halo I owned and put time into, so it has a special place in my heart! So much boosting when having my Xbox set to Japanese time .

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 PM
with his arms outstretched

I only ever played the first Driver and it was awesome...once you got passed that damn tutorial level. Gaaaaaah! We used to get so fucked up in college and play that one mode where the cops were chasing you.
03/07 -- Video Games Live
Old 03-20-2014, 05:26 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

11. WWF WrestleMania 2000 / WWF No Mercy

I reaaaaally didn't want to double up on these posts, but I felt that since both of these games were more or less the same (with additional wrestlers, modes, etc) that they both deserve to be on my list! What can be said about these other than they are the best Wrestling video games ever! The SmackDown series on the PS2 was great and really had a lot of flavor to it, but nothing beats the magic that these two games brought. Made by the same developers of WCW World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge (two more of the best wrestling games ever), they brought everything a wrestling fan could dream of. Create a wrestler, the ability to edit wrestlers attire to keep them up to date, and very easy to learn, yet still innovative controls; it was all here.

I certainly spent more time on WM2000 as I felt No Mercy seemed a tad bit slower, but the amount of wrestlers in No Mercy was just astonishing, and all the additional match types and everything in it really stepped up the N64 wrestling genre into legendary status. It's too bad that games now a days just don't have the same feel, but at least we had these. One of my best memories was making all my weird as fuck characters, like George Yakenstanjabaca (A fat guy with Viscera's face, a "diaper", and a pink afro) and I really wish I still had my N64 so I could relive these games!

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Drummer View Post
11. WWF WrestleMania 2000 / WWF No Mercy

I reaaaaally didn't want to double up on these posts, but I felt that since both of these games were more or less the same (with additional wrestlers, modes, etc) that they both deserve to be on my list! What can be said about these other than they are the best Wrestling video games ever! The SmackDown series on the PS2 was great and really had a lot of flavor to it, but nothing beats the magic that these two games brought. Made by the same developers of WCW World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge (two more of the best wrestling games ever), they brought everything a wrestling fan could dream of. Create a wrestler, the ability to edit wrestlers attire to keep them up to date, and very easy to learn, yet still innovative controls; it was all here.

I certainly spent more time on WM2000 as I felt No Mercy seemed a tad bit slower, but the amount of wrestlers in No Mercy was just astonishing, and all the additional match types and everything in it really stepped up the N64 wrestling genre into legendary status. It's too bad that games now a days just don't have the same feel, but at least we had these. One of my best memories was making all my weird as fuck characters, like George Yakenstanjabaca (A fat guy with Viscera's face, a "diaper", and a pink afro) and I really wish I still had my N64 so I could relive these games!
No Mercy > WM2000, on the sole basis of the weapons not falling into the ring after one use.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

12. Mario Kart Wii

In my opinion the Wii did have very many memorable games outside of the Mario's (platformers), Zelda's, and maybe a couple other franchises, so when I heard about Mario Kart Wii I wasn't too sure about it, figured it was just going to be another Mario Kart.... not that that's a bad thing or anything, just didn't think it'd really stand out for this overall lackluster of a video game console, but I was wrong.... VERY WRONG. Mario Kart Wii was and IS one of the most fun games I have ever played. It's so basic, yet so fun and exciting and every race just feels like a new experience. All the tracks are designed amazingly, and all the retro tracks were remade perfectly for the Wii! One of my biggest praises about this game was the control layout.... you can use the Wii mote and hold it like a steering wheel (really makes me feel like I am playing Daytona USA in the arcade), use the Wii Mote and Nunchuck, or use a Gamecube/Old school controller. So many different ways to play this game, and each way has its own learning curve, as well as positives and negatives.

I can't think of too many racing games out there that truly feel like they will be around for a long time and still feel new and fresh, but this is definitely one of them! My girlfriend and I and her son often play this as well, which is so fun.... except when I get my ass handed to me by a 7 year old! He is so good at it! Any who, great game.

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM
PANNTURRRUHHHHHH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH5150 View Post
No Mercy > WM2000, on the sole basis of the weapons not falling into the ring after one use.
AH! I forgot about that. I really want to go back and play those games again so badly. Plus the entrances in No Mercy were quite better.... so ok... maybe I do need to play both again and revise my review

- Funeral Age
funeralage.bandcamp.com