Marduk -- Norrköping, Sweden -- December 19th-20th, 2014
Despised Icon -- Worcester, MA -- December 21st, 2014
Cormorant -- San Francisco, CA -- December 20th, 2014
Opeth -- Toronto, Ontario -- December 21st, 2014

Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM
with his arms outstretched

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Don't ever disagree with him though! It'll hurt his feelings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
How about you just shut up, ever thought about that?
Aaaaaaaaaaand another thread turns into a warzone...or as my HTC phone calls it "sardine".

12/27 -- Unearth/Protest the Hero
03/07 -- Video Games Live
07/06 -- U2

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-16-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:21 PM
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA View Post
I've seen some dying forums in my day. This is not one of them.
This.

Is it the busiest forum around? No, but I don't see why it needs to be. It's fairly active in comparison to some that I've seen.

Oh, and WildandYoung, stop letting dcmetal troll you -- he's fishing without any bait right now and you're still biting.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Metal is proof that Satan loves us and wants us to be happy.

For what it's worth...

I agree with Josh that the forum is probably not dying, but personally I have been getting a much different vibe from the posts on here lately than I did when I was more active a few years ago. It's not as much fun. People's skin is thinner. There's too much butthurt and not enough healthy debate. I post less often because I'm much busier than I was a few years ago, and when I do, it seems nobody gives a fuck anymore. They'd much rather make quick posts about the latest little piece of drama than take the time to show their support of a like-minded idea or provide constructive feedback or healthy debate.

I guess it makes sense, though. People are doing this shit on their smartphones and tablets now instead of a laptop or desktop. Nobody has any time or attention span anymore - it's all about quick sound or video bites or the latest meme. Nobody takes the time to write anything thought-provoking anymore, and if they do, nobody has the time or attention span to read it.

At least, that's the way things have seemed to me lately. I could be wrong. It happens occasionally.

That, and all y'all fuckers forgot my birthday thread this year. Fuck the lot of you.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 PM
The cameras are whores for the daily bloodshed.

^^^^

Spot on, brother. People's ani get chapped way too easy nowadays.

12/07: Slipknot/Korn (?)
12/13: Despised Icon (?)
Old 03-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Hagbard Celine, H.M., S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrlhi View Post
I agree with Josh that the forum is probably not dying, but personally I have been getting a much different vibe from the posts on here lately than I did when I was more active a few years ago. It's not as much fun. People's skin is thinner. There's too much butthurt and not enough healthy debate. I post less often because I'm much busier than I was a few years ago, and when I do, it seems nobody gives a fuck anymore. They'd much rather make quick posts about the latest little piece of drama than take the time to show their support of a like-minded idea or provide constructive feedback or healthy debate.

I guess it makes sense, though. People are doing this shit on their smartphones and tablets now instead of a laptop or desktop. Nobody has any time or attention span anymore - it's all about quick sound or video bites or the latest meme. Nobody takes the time to write anything thought-provoking anymore, and if they do, nobody has the time or attention span to read it.
After reading through this thread, I was just getting ready to type out something to this effect. You more or less hit on all my thoughts, especially what's in bold.

I don't think it's the quantity of posts that's the issue, it's the quality of posts. Everything is so mundane now. I never come on here and see anything really interesting anymore. At some point the thought provoking conversations came to a halt, and it was sometime in 2012.

The Official MetalSetLists.Com Best Of 2011 Albums thread might have played some role in it. That's when I recall some of the dinosaur members talking about banning new members and rats bailing from sinking ships. But there were also good posters that started disappearing before that.

There were a brief couple of months when jd, loganarchy, Sepultura69 and idrinkwine were all active. I remember those being the best months of my stint here.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 AM
Altars of Radness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
And for a new person what does this site offer that setlists.fm doesnt have tenfold?
I was thinking about that too. A few years ago that site was pretty sparse, but it's become increasingly popular since then. I think a lot of people ended up finding this forum by searching Google for setlists (at least that's how I did), and there's no reason to do that anymore.

Quote:
For what it's worth...

At least, that's the way things have seemed to me lately. I could be wrong. It happens occasionally.

That, and all y'all fuckers forgot my birthday thread this year. Fuck the lot of you.
I fully agree about the quality of posts. There was definitely a lot more genuine discussion a few years ago. I think problem was losing some of the members that were usually a big part of those discussions. Of course, it's normal for a forum to lose members, but we're not gaining enough new regulars here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatus917 View Post
There were a brief couple of months when jd, loganarchy, Sepultura69 and idrinkwine were all active. I remember those being the best months of my stint here.
Those names are just a few of the big posters who aren't around as much or at all these days. As others have pointed out, this was never a large forum in the first place, but it has certainly shrunk over the last couple years. I have always liked the tight-knit community and the fact that there is a lot of diversity in music tastes here, but with the diminishing active posters there is not as much discussion brought to the table. With less people that share interests I get the feeling that a lot of members don't bother taking the time to make a thought out post because they don't think anybody will care to read or respond.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

Quote:
It's not as much fun. People's skin is thinner. There's too much butthurt and not enough healthy debate. I post less often because I'm much busier than I was a few years ago, and when I do, it seems nobody gives a fuck anymore. They'd much rather make quick posts about the latest little piece of drama than take the time to show their support of a like-minded idea or provide constructive feedback or healthy debate.
Yep, this is basically it with regards to here specifically. My most recent example of this personally is the blues stuff. There are a bunch of people here who claim to be into blues (I've always had my doubts) and want more recommendations etc., yet when I offered to do a thread on blues recommendations/styles and so forth, only a couple of people showed any interest at all, and no one bothered joining in the thread. It's basically why I've not finished it.

Like you I'm sure, I don't care whether people are interested in what I have to say particularly, I've not tried to resurrect the thread myself in a hunt for approval or attention, it's there to be taken or left, but that thread is a fairly strong sign of everyone's attitude these days.

The phone/tablet, short-attention span stuff is also correct, but a wider symptom of modern society than here specifically.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 03-17-2014, 03:43 AM

Also, well done a few people for finding more creative ways to say "people are pussies"

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 AM
Troo Methulfan

This place is the only forum I've been a member one that is cool, in the sense that there are no childish mods like, say, Cunt Lee on the Superherohype boards.

And I don't really need that much of new folks, tbh.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 AM

Honestly, most forums on the internet are either properly dead, or suck so much ass you wish they were dead. A happy medium is fine.

18/12 Kreator
7/2 Primordial
13/2 BLS
3/3 Sanctuary
Closed Thread