Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Devourment -- Rochester, NY -- July 21, 2014
Nine Inch Nails -- Morrison, CO -- July 21st, 2014
Helmet -- West Hollywood, CA -- July 11th, 2014
Mastodon -- Nordfjordied, Norway -- July 18th, 2014
Queens of the Stone Age -- Philadelphia, PA -- July 20th, 2014


Go Back   WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM > Community Forums > Set Lists and Gig Reports

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-07-2014, 10:17 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,326
Blog Entries: 19
Between The Buried And Me -- Lawrence, KS -- March 7th, 2014

BTBAM:

1. Goodbye To Everything
2. Astral Body
3. Lay Your Ghosts To Rest
4. Autumn
5. Extremophile Elite
6. Parllax
7. The Black Box
8. Telos
9. Bloom
10. Melting City
11. Silent Flight Parliament
12. Goodbye To Everything Reprise
====
13. Sun of Nothing

Deafheaven:

1. Dream House
2. Irresistible (over PA)
3. Sunbather
4. The Pecan Tree

Intronaut:

1. The Literal Black Cloud
2. Vernon
3. Harmonomicon
4. Milk Leg
5. The Welding

Quick notes:

- The Kindred played without a vocalist. He might be sick? They were okay as an instrumental band.
- BTBAM was good but goddamn to I need a primer in the new album if they're gonna play it in its entirety. Enough good parts throughout the album to make it enjoyable, but it really dragged on in certain parts. Definitely was on my phone a lot. Sun of Nothing is still far and away their best song, though
- Deafheaven was, by a large margin, the best band of the night and the best band I've seen in 2014 so far. People went fucking apeshit for them, lots of moshing and some crowd surfers, and George even went into the crowd during Dream House and had a bunch of people scream along with him. One of the best live bands and one of the most important metal bands around right now. I can't think of a single band that can follow up a Deafheaven performance and not get blown out of the water by them.
- Intronaut was nice. First time seeing them in six years. A lot different than what I remembered. Drummer and bass player are awesome!

Full review tomorrow!

BTBAM: 7.5/10
Deafheaven: 10/10
Intronaut: 8/10
The Kindred: 7.5/10
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:07 PM
anomynous's Avatar
anomynous anomynous is offline
Metal-Setlistcore
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mankvill View Post
BTBAM:

1. Goodbye To Everything
2. Astral Body
3. Lay Your Ghosts To Rest
4. Autumn
5. Extremophile Elite
6. Parllax
7. The Black Box
8. Telos
9. Bloom
10. Melting City
11. Silent Flight Parliament
12. Goodbye To Everything Reprise
====
13. Sun of Nothing

Deafheaven:

1. Dream House
2. Irresistible (over PA)
3. Sunbather
4. The Pecan Tree

Intronaut:

1. The Literal Black Cloud
2. Vernon
3. Harmonomicon
4. Milk Leg
5. The Welding

Quick notes:

- The Kindred played without a vocalist. He might be sick? They were okay as an instrumental band.
- BTBAM was good but goddamn to I need a primer in the new album if they're gonna play it in its entirety. Enough good parts throughout the album to make it enjoyable, but it really dragged on in certain parts. Definitely was on my phone a lot. Sun of Nothing is still far and away their best song, though
- Deafheaven was, by a large margin, the best band of the night and the best band I've seen in 2014 so far. People went fucking apeshit for them, lots of moshing and some crowd surfers, and George even went into the crowd during Dream House and had a bunch of people scream along with him. One of the best live bands and one of the most important metal bands around right now. I can't think of a single band that can follow up a Deafheaven performance and not get blown out of the water by them.
- Intronaut was nice. First time seeing them in six years. A lot different than what I remembered. Drummer and bass player are awesome!

Full review tomorrow!

BTBAM: 7.5/10
Deafheaven: 10/10
Intronaut: 8/10
The Kindred: 7.5/10
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,326
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2014, 12:04 AM
TheNobleFaceHumper TheNobleFaceHumper is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 464
The Kindred instrumental set > normal kindred set
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2014, 01:37 AM
slapguitarer's Avatar
slapguitarer slapguitarer is offline
Buahahahahaha
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,198
I'm convinced the only band that can show up Deafheaven live is Boris, because I saw it happen.
__________________
8/10 Badr Vogu/Forn
8/21 Boris
8/22 Usnea/Lycus
8/30 Whirr
10/30 KING DIAMOND
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-08-2014, 03:53 AM
nbourque nbourque is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 29
Fuck deafheaven. In 5 years no one will know who they are.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 AM
InFlamesOfBirchmen InFlamesOfBirchmen is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbourque View Post
Fuck deafheaven. In 5 years no one will know who they are.
Even if they aren't making music together in five years, they'll still have one of the most acclaimed albums of 2013. Say what you will about their material, but the fact that these guys got such mainstream recognition is pretty damn rare, so if nothing else they'll be remembered for that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 AM
tenchimyo's Avatar
tenchimyo tenchimyo is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 732
"
One of the best live bands and one of the most important metal bands around right now. I can't think of a single band that can follow up a Deafheaven performance and not get blown out of the water by them.
"

I think they were very good live and I enjoyed them in VA, but do you KNOW any other bands? There are more than a few who would put them to shame.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-08-2014, 07:21 AM
TehBr00tulz's Avatar
TehBr00tulz TehBr00tulz is offline
N00B
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 215
Did Deafheaven's set get cut at your show? They played Unrequited as their last song at the Boston date, not The Pecan Tree.
__________________
6/18 - Between The Buried and Me
7/07 - Thou
7/19 - Killswitch Engage/Suffocation
7/23 - Converge
8/08 - Cynic
8/09 - Summer Slaughter
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,326
Blog Entries: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchimyo View Post
"
One of the best live bands and one of the most important metal bands around right now. I can't think of a single band that can follow up a Deafheaven performance and not get blown out of the water by them.
"

I think they were very good live and I enjoyed them in VA, but do you KNOW any other bands? There are more than a few who would put them to shame.
No I only read Pitchfork for my metal.

Yes, their set got cut one song.
__________________
07/24 - Mutilation Rites
07/25 - Masked Intruder
07/27 - Touche Amore
07/31 - Warped
08/01 - Cannabis Corpse
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
between the buried and me, deafheaven, intronaut

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008