KISS -- Lake Oswego, OR -- September 14th, 2014
Richie Kotzen -- London, England -- September 16th, 2014
King Crimson -- Boston, MA -- September 15th, 2014

Old 03-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Some People Call Me The White Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
Yep, that's exactly what I said.

They were plenty of games with good NPC graphics at and before the time of Oblivion's release, Kingdom Hearts 2 is the frist that comes to mind. I didn't say that the NPC design made Oblivion a bad game did I? The game was actually really fun to me.
Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't old!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't old!
NEITHER IS OBLIVION!!
Old 03-15-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
NEITHER IS OBLIVION!!
Why are you yelling?
Old 03-15-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Why are you yelling?
Because I'm tired of your consistent hate.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM
THIS IS LHHC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Platform: Playstation 3
Released: 2007 (2006 on PC and Xbox 360)
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Visually Skyrim is a better game than Oblivion. And from a design standpoint Skyrim was superior. Leveling and building your character are a bit more of a hassle in this game. But I got a complete experience from this game. So that's why it's ranked higher. And really, itís just as good a game with just as many cool things to do. Just as many quests, just as many characters. But with five years between the two games obviously a lot of improvements are going to get made. Oblivion got forgotten when Skyrim came out, just like Skyrim will get forgotten when Elder Scrolls VI comes out and blows it out of the water. Their both pretty much perfect for their times. I played this game for close to sixty hours before I even touched on the main quest. That was because I plowed through all the guilds and so many sidequests without even noticing Kvatch was on the map (which was a main city in the quest). I still don't know how I managed that. If I have any problem with this (or Skyrim) itís that I have a hard time trying to replay these games with a new character since I do EVERYTHING on my first playthroughs. So it's hard for me to find something new to do and the main story-lines are secondary to everything else in these games.

Favorite Moment: the fate of Lucien Lachance

Favorite Musical Piece: Glory Of Cyrodil
Morrowind > Oblivion for me. I couldn't really stand Oblivion.
9/27 Blood Feast
10/3 Judas Priest
10/4 Deceased
10/18 Satan
Old 03-15-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Because I'm tired of your consistent hate.
I think you confuse hatred with making a point or having a converstion. You also confuse hatred with anyone who doesn't see your point of view or has anything to say about it.

Quote:
They were plenty of games with good NPC graphics at and before the time of Oblivion's release
For instance, BEFORE, means anything that came out BEFORE Oblivion. Not a time limit on that.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:03 PM
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfitegrdan View Post
Morrowind > Oblivion for me. I couldn't really stand Oblivion.
I really should look into that game. But I'm going to have to wildandyoung my comment and say that the graphics look really rough and I don't know if I can go backwards and enjoy it as much as I should. That's the problem when you miss out on things as they're happening. Same thing almost happened to me when I played Mass Effect after the second and third games. But, you know...that's Mass Effect.
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-15-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I think you confuse hatred with making a point or having a converstion. You also confuse hatred with anyone who doesn't see your point of view or has anything to say about it.

For instance, BEFORE, means anything that came out BEFORE Oblivion. Not a time limit on that.
Notice how it's only your hate (or whatever you want to call it) that I have been complaining about these days, it has to mean something. It's not just how you respond to my comments, it's how you are almost always the first (and in most cases only) to argue/attack/insult/whatever you want to call it my views/opinions in an overall hateful way (especially when it really isn't called for). If you truly aren't trying to be hateful, then you need to change the way you write your responses because that's all I'm getting from most of your posts.

And adamclark makes a VERY good point, if you miss out on things as they're happening (especially more older stuff), your less likely to be able to get into them as easily as someone who was in with it at the time. I don't care what anybody says, graphics are important in a video game. Does that mean if the game has bad graphics compared to today's standards it is a bad game? Absolutely not, it just means it's not going to look as appealing to most who are more familiar with the current video games. Me personally, I usually have to have something pretty to look at, no matter how good the gameplay/story of the game is, I wanna be able to at least look at the screen without cringing. Older games are less appealing to me because they don't LOOK like good games based on solely their visuals, which is the only part I'm familiar with until I play them. I will still give them a chance if the opportunity to play them comes, but that is another problem. I'm only a teenager, I don't have a SNES anymore (and when I did I didn't have much games on it), I haven't gotten the chance to play most of these old games that are considered classics and most likely never will get the chance. I feel like some people on this forum (dcmetal) believe that if it's not an old game it has no credibility whatsoever and can't possibly make someones favorites list.

All that said I really do love retro style graphics in the style of Zelda and games of that ilk, it's when you get more into the in-between era of the SNES and PS2 games that I start to not be a fan of the graphics.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Notice how it's only your hate (or whatever you want to call it) that I have been complaining about these days, it has to mean something. It's not just how you respond to my comments, it's how you are almost always the first (and in most cases only) to argue/attack/insult/whatever you want to call it my views/opinions in an overall hateful way (especially when it really isn't called for). If you truly aren't trying to be hateful, then you need to change the way you write your responses because that's all I'm getting from most of your posts.

And adamclark makes a VERY good point, if you miss out on things as they're happening (especially more older stuff), your less likely to be able to get into them as easily as someone who was in with it at the time. I don't care what anybody says, graphics are important in a video game. Does that mean if the game has bad graphics compared to today's standards it is a bad game? Absolutely not, it just means it's not going to look as appealing to most who are more familiar with the current video games. Me personally, I usually have to have something pretty to look at, no matter how good the gameplay/story of the game is, I wanna be able to at least look at the screen without cringing. Older games are less appealing to me because they don't LOOK like good games based on solely their visuals, which is the only part I'm familiar with until I play them. I will still give them a chance if the opportunity to play them comes, but that is another problem. I'm only a teenager, I don't have a SNES anymore (and when I did I didn't have much games on it), I haven't gotten the chance to play most of these old games that are considered classics and most likely never will get the chance. I feel like some people on this forum (dcmetal) believe that if it's not an old game it has no credibility whatsoever and can't possibly make someones favorites list.

All that said I really do love retro style graphics in the style of Zelda and games of that ilk, it's when you get more into the in-between era of the SNES and PS2 games that I start to not be a fan of the graphics.
Never once said that. There are a good handful of games over the last gen of systems that are some of favorites ever. But when all your games are new something is wrong,

And if you are playing Oblivion on the PC download a graphics mod. That's why they are made.

Again though, welcome to the internet where everything you ever say will be disputed in a matter in which you find hurtful. It happens here, it happens everywhere online.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Never once said that. There are a good handful of games over the last gen of systems that are some of favorites ever. But when all your games are new something is wrong,

And if you are playing Oblivion on the PC download a graphics mod. That's why they are made.

Again though, welcome to the internet where everything you ever say will be disputed in a matter in which you find hurtful. It happens here, it happens everywhere online.
You never said it, no, but you insinuated it.

And now I reinstate my previous comment, "Notice how it's only your hate (or whatever you want to call it) that I have been complaining about these days". I don't care if it's the internet, I know people are going to insult me, doesn't give you any more power or reason to be hateful.