Home Set Lists Forums The Permanent Record Asshole Opinion

Overkill -- West Springfield, VA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA Kick-Off -- Atlanta, GA -- September 11th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 2 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 13th, 2014
ProgPower USA XV Day 1 -- Atlanta, GA -- September 12th, 2014
Samhain -- Chicago, IL -- September 13th, 2014

  #21  
Old 03-11-2014, 07:49 AM
dcmetal108's Avatar
dcmetal108 dcmetal108 is offline
Some People Call Me The White Devil
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 7,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I never got why everyone had so many bug and lag issues, because I've never experienced any of the sort on my console version. I got the pc version though so it's rare that I play my PS3 one.
Because PC versions have less bugs because they don't have to pay to patch it.
__________________
www.apocalypticdemise.com
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmetal108 View Post
Because PC versions have less bugs because they don't have to pay to patch it.
I've heard there are patches but I just didn't want to risk it. And one of the requirements to fix my issues was to turn off auto-save and not save as often. I died a lot in that game so not being able to save was not an option.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-11-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-11-2014, 09:30 AM
El Gordo's Avatar
El Gordo El Gordo is offline
May you go marching in three-measure time, dressed up as asses and drunk to the nines...
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 1,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
18.


Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Platform: Sony Playstation 2
Released: 2002
Publisher: Rockstar Games

Aside from the very first Grand Theft Auto on Playstation this was my first experience with GTA. The first one Iím talking about really wasnít a very good game and the series had evolved a lot in the five years since. There isnít too much to this game to set it apart from any other GTA title. The biggest difference isÖitís set in the 1980ís? But I found this game better than the rest because of the awesome soundtrack. Nothing beat running people down to Raining Blood, or going into a club while Dance Hall Days was playing and throwing a missile into the dance floor. I played the fuck out of this game and the one after it San Andreas. San Andreas was really good too but the world was just too big for me. Vice City had the perfect sized world; not a wasted bit of space. Any GTA since I havenít been able to get into because I played so much Vice City and San Andreas. I mean, I played a lot of these games. And Iím still burnt out after almost eight years. I will get to V some day.

Favorite Moment: sitting in the strip club while Animotions Obsession is playing.
This would be in my top ten. I also spent A LOT of time playing this one as well as San Andreas. I had the same problem with SA though -- too big, too much to do. Great pick!
__________________
I love inside jokes, I'd love to be a part of one some day.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
17.


Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Platform: Sony Playstation 2
Released: 2004
Publisher: Konami

Ah, Metal Gear Solid. You and your never-ending cutscenes. Your illusions to shit that I have no clue the fuck about. Your characters that make you say, “the fuuuuuuck”? All those fucking Hideo-isms. I really enjoy this series even if it can be more a movie than a game. The first in the “Solid” series was awesome...and then there was the sequel. Whatever. The third one came out and made everything right. Snake was back, Raiden was gone. That was really all it needed. Aside from Raiden MGS2 wasn’t really all that bad (until the last sequence when things got confusing as fuck) but everything just felt right in this game. The location was awesome. The combat was just as good. And the characters, dear god the characters were so awesome. The Pain, the Fear, the End, the Fury, the Sorrow and the Boss are the greatest group of supporting characters I can think of. Too bad that there wasn’t too much back story on any of them. Even though a few of them were only really around in the game for a few minutes those few minutes were just so damn awesome. I can shit on MGS4 for its never-ending cutscenes because they were boring as fuck and that game went just overboard (or over-bored). In this game they were just as long but were actually well done, served a purpose and didn't have Otacon crying. I can remember after I beat this game I thought to myself, “I just played one of the greatest games I’ll ever play in my life”. Ten years later it still holds up at number seventeen.

Favorite Moment: most people would say the battle with the End, and that is so fucking awesome beyond words. But I really love the sequence with the Sorrow. That shit is mint.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 08-19-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-11-2014, 11:45 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildAndTheYoung View Post
I never got why everyone had so many bug and lag issues, because I've never experienced any of the sort on my console version. I got the pc version though so it's rare that I play my PS3 one.
If it's rare that you played your PS3 one then that's the reason you never had the lag issues. You had to play for approximately sixty hours, or until your save file got to 12MB, before it took effect.
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
TheWildAndTheYoung's Avatar
TheWildAndTheYoung TheWildAndTheYoung is offline
I'm Young, I'm Wild, And I'm Free
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamclark52 View Post
If it's rare that you played your PS3 one then that's the reason you never had the lag issues. You had to play for approximately sixty hours, or until your save file got to 12MB, before it took effect.
O no, when I first got it I played almost non-stop for two months straight. There's well over sixty hours on that thing. I just got the pc one for Christmas last year, and that's why i don't play it much on PS3 anymore.
__________________
8/16 - Motley Crue/Alice Cooper
9/27 - Styx
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
16.


Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Platform: Sony Playstation
Released: 1997
Publisher: Konami

I’ve always been a big fan of the Castlevania series. A lot of the games get shat on but I don’t think I’ve ever played a “bad” one. This game gets rave reviews from everyone and it’s well deserved. I wouldn’t say it’s a complete throwback to the series side-scrolling 2D days (after the last few Castlevania games had been 3D) since it was definitely less-linear and less stage based than those games. I think it combines the vast exploration of the 3D games with the simple charm of a side-scrolling game. With some nice role-playing elements added like experience points and interchangeable weapon, armor and items. Plus some of the wickedest, most twisted boss designs of its time. Some terrible voice acting though. And yes, it is pretty much a Metroid clone.

Favorite Moment: Succubus...mmm

Favorite Musical Piece: Path of the Departed
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-12-2014 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
15.


Final Fantasy Tactics
Platform: Sony Playstation
Released: 1997
Publisher: Squaresoft

This is a bit of an oddball of a choice in the Final Fantasy nexus. Firstly, it’s not your typical Final Fantasy. It’s (duh) a tactical game, almost like playing an electronic game of chess. And it’s not even numbered so you have to wonder if they were developing another game and just slapped the “Final Fantasy” name on it to move units. It did come out at the same time as Final Fantasy VII so if there was ever a time to capitalize on the Final Fantasy name that was it. It’s not usually ranked very high by fans of the series but it’s one of my favorites. I can’t even say why. The story isn’t a mess but it’s hard to follow. I had to play through it twice just to piece it together when I first played it. And it has some difficulty spikes that are relentless. By "some" I mean every fucking battle is more challenging. And leveling your characters is another lesson in patience. I think I just like this game because. Sometimes you don’t need a reason.

Favorite Moment: when you get Cidolfas Orlandu, the game goes from frustratingly impossible to laughably easy in a matter of seconds. Has there ever been a greater equalizer in gaming than Thunder God Cid?

Favorite Musical Piece: A True Hero
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy

Last edited by adamclark52; 03-12-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM
adamclark52's Avatar
adamclark52 adamclark52 is offline
You can't save me any more than you can save yourself, so stop fucking trying
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Keswick, Ontario
Posts: 4,489
14.


Halo: Combat Evolved
Platform: Xbox
Released: 2001
Publisher: Bungie/Microsoft Game Studios

So yeah, there is a better launch title then Super Mario 64. Mario and Nintendo were very well established brands at the time of the Nintendo 64’s release. So it wasn’t a surprise that it was a quality game, it was just a surprise that it was as good as it was. But Halo and X-Box were brand new on the scene. So Halo came out from nowhere and became “legendary”, and in doing so set the foundation for the X-Box and pretty much saved them from the same fate as so many other failed systems. Pretty good. I usually don’t like First Person Shooters but this one just feels different to me. There’s more of a story element than usual. It’s aged a lot, and I’ve only played the first sequel, but this game stands on it’s own as an all time great.

Favorite Moment: storming the beach at the beginning of the Silent Cartographer

Favorite Musical Piece: the Maw
__________________
09/19 - Deafheaven
10/18 - King Diamond
10/24 - Pallbearer
11/01 - Suffocation
11/30 - Devin Townsend
12/06 -DistantWorlds:theMusicofFinalFantasy
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 AM
mankvill's Avatar
mankvill mankvill is offline
Pop Punk > Slipknot and Y&T
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 21,825
Blog Entries: 19
what a thrill

with darkness and silence in the niiiiiiiiiight
__________________
09/14 - Citizen
09/17 - Mineral
09/18 - Clutch
09/19 - BMTH
09/20 - Fuzz and Fire 2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:07 AM.


Blah Blah Blah Copyright WWW.METALSETLISTS.COM 2008